Sponsored

Can you get a dealer to 'add in' a Freedom Top hardtop?

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I'd like a manual transmission, which means either ordering or scouring for scarce inventory with anything resembling the rest of the features of what I would like overall- I also would like a hard top. If I find, in fact I did find, one in dealer inventory that has the soft top, is it possible to negotiate with a dealer to "get in and add in" a Freedom Top hardtop? If so, any sense of reasonable price? Thanks!

(I am assuming that the price would be higher than the price for the hardtop if the vehicle came through 'stock' with just the hardtop, as, with a factory hardtop, it wouldn't have the softtop)
Sponsored

JeepDreams

First Name
Laura
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Gobi Jeep Renegade. Priors: 2007 Rescue Green Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
Dunno...

I ordered a manual transmission Rubicon with the three piece hardtop.

:brokenhearted::jk:

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I don't think so. Not until they start selling the hard tops on their own.
Yes, if they start selling standalone hard tops, then your dealer can order it separately from Mopar, and then finance it into the rest of the vehicle cost. You can't add it to the truck while its being built though.

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Yes, if they start selling standalone hard tops, then your dealer can order it separately from Mopar, and then finance it into the rest of the vehicle cost. You can't add it to the truck while its being built though.
Imagine the additional delays if you could EDIT your build while it's being built. I think there's a big enough chance that ppl will wait for a while longer without having to add this potential delay. Add this feature and the ETA would be 8 months.

Sponsored

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Imagine the additional delays if you could EDIT your build while it's being built. I think there's a big enough chance that ppl will wait for a while longer without having to add this potential delay. Add this feature and the ETA would be 8 months.
This is similar to the Mopar Lift situation. I know some dealers will order a lift for you from Mopar, charge you 2k between parts and labor, and then add it to financed amount. Much better option if you cant/don't want to come out of pocket for more expenses.

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
Is there electrical going back to the hardtop for a defroster or anything? I know it doesn't have a wiper or washer like a JL.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Is there electrical going back to the hardtop for a defroster or anything? I know it doesn't have a wiper or washer like a JL.
I would hope so my jk had all of the necessary electronics and washer connections for my soft top...I had purchased a hard top from a buddy that sold his wrangler..

OP
OP

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank you all for the input on this. I realized that I can't really act immediately in any event, because my Ecodiesel (2015 Ram) settlement is submitted, but I have not yet gotten the settlement offer letter to sign.....

Rafael's Jive

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
82 Scrambler, 09 WRX, 17 Forester, and to many bicycles
I am ordering mine with the dual top option. I don't expect to be driving with the soft top until next summer. But the more time I spend on this forum, the more I want to wait until later in the year to place my order so that any bugs are worked out.

There is a video out of a JT hard top removal. There are electrical connections for the interior lights, sliding rear window, and defroster, but I think the connections were on a single common plug.

Sponsored

Terry

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Private Investigator
Vehicle Showcase
I'd like a manual transmission, which means either ordering or scouring for scarce inventory with anything resembling the rest of the features of what I would like overall- I also would like a hard top. If I find, in fact I did find, one in dealer inventory that has the soft top, is it possible to negotiate with a dealer to "get in and add in" a Freedom Top hardtop? If so, any sense of reasonable price? Thanks!

(I am assuming that the price would be higher than the price for the hardtop if the vehicle came through 'stock' with just the hardtop, as, with a factory hardtop, it wouldn't have the softtop)
My JTR came with the factory soft top in the rear seat in a bag. I have never installed it and it resides in a cabinet in my garage as I doubt I will ever use it. You can order just about anything with any new vehicle specifically ordered, but remember what ever it is, the dealer is going to step on the price.

OP
OP

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JTR came with the factory soft top in the rear seat in a bag. I have never installed it and it resides in a cabinet in my garage as I doubt I will ever use it. You can order just about anything with any new vehicle specifically ordered, but remember what ever it is, the dealer is going to step on the price.
I hadn't remembered this thread until I saw a notification of a reply... Ended up with a good result... August 2019 I found the "just right for me" Gladiator with 6MT and hardtop in Amsterdam NY- 7 hour round trip to go look at it and make the basic deal, and then another 7 hour round trip to go get it after lining up my loan with my Credit Union - but totally worth it - and nice driving through the Adirondacks. My truck had been ordered by sales guy at Fucillo CJDR with the options he'd want, with the possibility that he'd buy it... but then he decided to wait a year- and it was optioned out just about exactly with what I wanted, and nothing I didn't want. Been enjoying it ever since.
Sponsored