Sponsored

First Granite Crystal VIN# Post Here

Rebel JT

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Rubicon (Long arm crawler), 2015 JKUR Hardrock, 2020 Gladiator Launch Edition (Granite ordered)
Wouldn’t that be friggin’ amazing! :fingerscrossed:;{
I gave him my vin when i got it, they are on 2 10hr shifts, putting out 195 per shift, hes going to check on mine sat am, he works in trim, right after they attach vins. says lot of oranges this week, and his guy inside says they should have blue, gobi and gator by christmas..lol
Sponsored

Jprepp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Launch Edition, preorder)
So I forgot to include my VIN when I went to D status around 8/9 for my GCMLE.

VIN: 1C6JJTBG8LL144533

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I gave him my vin when i got it, they are on 2 10hr shifts, putting out 195 per shift, hes going to check on mine sat am, he works in trim, right after they attach vins. says lot of oranges this week, and his guy inside says they should have blue, gobi and gator by christmas..lol
Can you ask him to on check mine Saturday too? :idea:;{

Jprepp

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator (Launch Edition, preorder)
Dealer just told me I’m in D1 with a ship date of 09/04 and he estimates getting it by end of Sept! Woohoo!

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Dealer just told me I’m in D1 with a ship date of 09/04 and he estimates getting it by end of Sept! Woohoo!
3 weeks to ship it? Guess they’re shipping it by Oxcart! :surprised:

Sponsored

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
3 weeks to ship it? Guess they’re shipping it by Oxcart! :surprised:
My dealer said typically 2-3 weeks from Toledo to Idaho. Almost a month to get it to SoCal directly.

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
Buggin’ My dealer friend to give me the VIN. He’s tough to get hold of sometimes. Soooo busy. Anywho, hopefully will be able to get a ship date shortly. So happy for everyone as ship dates and VIN’s are assigned. Kayakmike, you need to hang on especially since your dealer is being a douche. I think I spelled douche right. Maybe it’s doosh. Don’t use it so don’t know is what I always say.

Update - he just called and will give me an update soon when he gets back to his dealership. Said that some of the GCLE’s were held up because of bedliner issues so he’s asked that the factory just get them to his dealership and he’ll take care of it if it holds the GCLE’s up an longer. Sweet.

Sponsored

HikerBob

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCLE Gladiator, ‘91 Wrangler, ‘08 GTI, ‘11 GTI
By the way, I’m thinking of NOT doing a lift. WildJD, you said you were staying stock which cracks me up because you may be one of the most remote folks in the Forum. Most of my driving will be local with beach driving being second and trails being third. No bouldering or Moab trips per se. Thoughts?

kayakmike

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal Metallic Launch Edition
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Rocket Scientist
Buggin’ My dealer friend to give me the VIN. He’s tough to get hold of sometimes. Soooo busy. Anywho, hopefully will be able to get a ship date shortly. So happy for everyone as ship dates and VIN’s are assigned. Kayakmike, you need to hang on especially since your dealer is being a douche. I think I spelled douche right. Maybe it’s doosh. Don’t use it so don’t know is what I always say.

Update - he just called and will give me an update soon when he gets back to his dealership. Said that some of the GCLE’s were held up because of bedliner issues so he’s asked that the factory just get them to his dealership and he’ll take care of it if it holds the GCLE’s up an longer. Sweet.
Douche is right, though I've been using much more colorful language lately not suitable for a public forum. Right now planning to stick it out with Granite since, well, my dealer isn't responding to give me any alternatives. Glad he was willing to let @jncomatrix swap his out (picking up his black LE tomorrow) after saying I could swap.

By the way, I’m thinking of NOT doing a lift. WildJD, you said you were staying stock which cracks me up because you may be one of the most remote folks in the Forum. Most of my driving will be local with beach driving being second and trails being third. No bouldering or Moab trips per se. Thoughts?
I'm planning to stay stock on lift/wheels, at least for now. I may change after I wear through the first set of tires. I've off-roaded my Grand Cherokee quite a bit, and have scraped quite a bit and have tore off the air dam/trim pieces off up front. I did swap out to BFG T/A KO2 when I wore out my original tires (they are better off road, but much noisier on the road). Stock JT will still be an improvement over that. If I find myself scraping then I can re-evaluate. I'm on ~30 acres and definitely have some areas where clearance is an issue. Like you, don't plan heavy rock crawling.

I do have a winch, grille guard, bed cross bars and a few more parts sitting in the shop waiting for a JT to be installed on. Almost ordered the soft top today (now that it can be ordered separately), but think I'll wait and see if Jeep actually delivers the Granites first before growing my parts pile.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
I’ll drive him awhile as is, and see how he does in our snow, and mud, and mountain pastures... probly bump up to 35’s, sooner than later, but still consider that stock. Have to see how the breakover affects real world situations. If I need to go to 37’s, I’m storing all his stock parts, fo sho... but I really want to see how capable he is, stock, first! ;{

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1929 Model A RPU, 1930 model A roadster, 1932 Ford 3 window coupe, 1952 HD FL, 1956 Chevy Wagon, 1969 Jeepster Commando, 2018 Dodge Charger Scat Pack,
I’m out. Short story, dealership I was dealing with back out of they key part of the deal. After I put money down.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation