Gladiator Fiberglass Shell

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
We discussed this in the thread that I originally posted this in. the rack would be 2 pieces as well as the top.

I think even better it would just mount to the top of the bed like this and only go halfway over the cab.

That way the wife could still pop the top over the driver and passenger seats and the husband can still keep all the gear on top. With no problem of articulation.

2020-jeep-gladiator-rendered-with-bed-topper3.jpg
I think it would be better to do this and attach the rack to the bed cap only, and giving it enough clearance to move around the front. But not bringing posts down so that they fall "outside" the lines of the bed.
Sponsored

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I'm liking this one for center of gravity on a trail. Out of all the Jeep mods, this one is uniquely JT. Awesome concepts!!

2020-jeep-gladiator-rendered-with-bed-topper (1).jpg
That has a look that harkens back to the old fullsize Wagoneers and Cherokees. Wouldn't be my pick to personally own, but I like the look

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
That has a look that harkens back to the old fullsize Wagoneers and Cherokees. Wouldn't be my pick to personally own, but I like the look
Yep. Exactly. It's like a TravelAll from way back. Except bonus feature, roof comes off pretty easily!

cjricci

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 1999 Jeep TJ Wrangler
Do you know what brand of wheels are in this rendering.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Pizziola29

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Are you looking to supply to the masses? Or is this more of a personal project?
This is going to be for the masses. We just got approached by a pretty big shell manufacture asking if we wanted to maybe do production and they do distribution and selling.

OP
OP
Pizziola29

Pizziola29

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTRD Kevlar'd
Occupation
Self
Vehicle Showcase
Yes... however, whoever builds this please don’t forget side windows that open vertically with locks (just like the rear window).
Yes that is a must.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
I'm liking this one for center of gravity on a trail. Out of all the Jeep mods, this one is uniquely JT. Awesome concepts!!

2020-jeep-gladiator-rendered-with-bed-topper (1).jpg
I really like the feel of this one too. As others have said, I would really want it to be a full top replacement so I could easily pass through from back seat into the bed. The dogs can sleep back there, we can reach things in the bed while driving or if we pull over and don't want to get out. Stick a wedge tent on top (a la GoFastCampers) and this thing is perfection.

Gladiator Overland

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
linktr.ee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Gladiator Rubi Diesel. Toyota 4Runner
A couple of notes from the Overlanding and camping side.

Rack: I would recommend a more modular system. The uniqueness of the users for this vehicle are going to have different needs. You could have. Total of two separate rack pieces that would cover the canopy and back of the truck top with an option for a wind damn, as well as a piece that extend all the way to the front top. That way you should be able to cover most any needs. I would ensure that their a good load rating and a secure way of mounting, think rooftop tent with a couple sleeping on top, maybe a kid and some cargo all a the same time.

Heat: this is quite easy to do with a fuel based forced air heater like a webasto.

Top additions: although I prefer the defender or full style, there needs to be more than kus the normal Windows. Having a window that can open up like a lift gate would be a good option to get into the storage of the unit. Having accessories for storage from fishing rods, lighting, built in power with usb, rear brake light, maybe integrated rear work light pods, a storage net, etc could all be great things.

A top I would really like to see is one with a westfalia type pop top that allows both worlds of using the truck. Having an option like this would cover you normal user to the Overlander.
I am sure there are many more things I am not covering here

Sponsored

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
these were some of the variations I had posted.

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
also since the rack and top should be 2 pieces have the ability to go from half cab to full cab. It all depends on how this is designed
gladrack_HalfRack.jpg

J Redding

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 2020 Billet Silver Gladiator Overland
Occupation
CNC Machinist
I think even better it would just mount to the top of the bed like this and only go halfway over the cab.

That way the wife could still pop the top over the driver and passenger seats and the husband can still keep all the gear on top. With no problem of articulation.

2020-jeep-gladiator-rendered-with-bed-topper3.jpg
And the winner IS![/QUOTE]
I like this one just what have been hoping for
Sponsored