Factory Service Manual

cjricci

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 1999 Jeep TJ Wrangler
I am interested in finding out if there is a factory service manual available yet. I always buy factory manuals which are specific to vehicle. Does anybody maybe know a source as of yet. I tried my dealer's part department to no avail.
Sponsored

kd1yt

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator JT Sport S Red, 2014 Ural sidecar 2wd motorcycle, '51 Dodge M37
I will want this also, although I am expecting (if it is like other factory manuals) that the price will make it something other than a fast, casual purchase....

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
the regular gladiator manual has a section, Specifications (8) with some of this info... how tight to torque a few things...

I asked two dealierships today to include a shop manual with my purchase and they both said, "they're only digital and nobody works on their own vehicles these days".

relapsekg

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon; 2012 VW GTI ; 1999 S10 ZR2
Occupation
IT
There is no unique service manual for any mopar products, they have an online system.

OP
OP

cjricci

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport S, 1999 Jeep TJ Wrangler
So I wonder how we access the digital version . The dealer evidently doesn't know that a true Jeep owner does work on their own trucks.
Maybe someone on this site that works at a dealership could help us .

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
FCA has moved everything to a online subscription based system for authorized service and repair info. subscription. You can also download the specific repair to PDF to print out a paper copy if needed.

https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/?category=1

What a rip! I miss the the days when you could purchase an illegal PDF copy of the official service manual for your specific vehicle off eBay for a couple of bucks with free shipping.

download.jpg

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
What a rip! I miss the the days when you could purchase an illegal PDF copy of the official service manual for your specific vehicle off eBay for a couple of bucks with free shipping.

download.jpg
Yeah, the various manufactures have really clamped down on illegal copyright copies of their repair info floating around uncontrolled. To some degree, I see their point.

My last paper copy OEM service manuals was a pretty thick three volume set I had on a 2001 Dodge Dakota. That had everything to include collision, wiring diagrams and electronic trouble shooting. It was voluminous to say the least and can see why it went to an online system.

Also with the online system, they have control that the latest info and updates are presented. With paper and uncontrolled PDF copies, the info may have changed and the end user will not know that.

I have used a three day Tech Authority subscription a couple of times in the past on my RAM and JK’s and still found it money well spent for the detailed info than just giving it to a shop and paying full labor charge rates.

In theory, one could do a short subscription to Tech Authority and download everything to PDF, but that would also be pretty laborious and time consuming. Plus each repair has it’s own PDF and compiling all that info to master or cross referencing PDF would be an astronomical effort most would not do.

Last edited:

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
FCA has moved everything to a online subscription based system for authorized service and repair info. subscription. You can also download the specific repair to PDF to print out a paper copy if needed.

https://www.techauthority.com/en-us/products/?category=1
Does this even have repair/Torq Spec information? All I see is a radio and Manual kit. I don't want to drop $50 for what I already have in paper. I'm just looking for the suspension/spring Torq specs. I tried to get from the dealer service department but they couldn't find them for the glady. nor have I found a clear listing in the forums when searching.

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
Does this even have repair/Torq Spec information? All I see is a radio and Manual kit. I don't want to drop $50 for what I already have in paper. I'm just looking for the suspension/spring Torq specs. I tried to get from the dealer service department but they couldn't find them for the glady. nor have I found a clear listing in the forums when searching.
The link is the subscription options to get into the FCA tech portal the dealerships use. It will have anything and everything on your Gladiator and all torque materials.

That being said, a little Google foo on your part can probably find where others have posted the suspension torque specs without going in the FCA Tech Authority Portal.

Sponsored

Rebornfungus

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
The link is the subscription options to get into the FCA tech portal the dealerships use. It will have anything and everything on your Gladiator and all torque materials.

That being said, a little Google foo on your part can probably find where others have posted the suspension torque specs without going in the FCA Tech Authority Portal.
Thx, my google foo had been weak until I had posted this. I think I found what I wanted from the Teraflex 1.5” JT leveling kit instructions(which I’m probably going to buy & put on along with the rubi spings”. thx... I didn’t see any point in getting that manual quite yet.

In case anyone else has as bad of google luck as me finding the suspension torque specs.
https://teraflex.com/file/attachments/5d30b698ad5385007d2fa854.pdf

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
very interested, I am monitoring this thread.

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
So has anyone used the TechAuthority subscription service?

FYI looks like FCA pulled all the USB/CD versions of the manuals for the 2019 JL. They still sell the 2018 Wrangler, for what it's worth.

I asked two dealierships today to include a shop manual with my purchase and they both said, "they're only digital and nobody works on their own vehicles these days".
Yah, I learned from FCA and my Jeep Dealership that their techs don't actually need any sort of certification or even have access to FCA's systems. They have to request everything. Learned that firsthand when after the 1st oil changed they only torqued the wheels down to 100ft-lbs when the driver's manual says 130ft-lbs, and it took them 2 weeks to get in the code update for the TPMS system (which had been released a while back at this point)

Jimmij

First Name
Jimmij
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator overland, 2004 Honda s2000
I found this today. It is a usb version not a hard copy but looks like you can purchase with no subscription.

Jeep gladiator manual

mikejwil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited X