First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
67087A03-C511-49E1-BC8C-71D898A1860D.jpeg
I ordered my JT last Friday. It’s as basic as they come: base Sport with manual windows, mirrors and locks, manual transmission and just 3 options: hard top, rubber mats and trailer hitch. Silver color. Figured I would ask just once a week (each Friday) for an update. Tried the on line chat thing first. All they could tell me was that they have all the parts needed and could take 10 to 12 weeks. Could not tell me any more. So I sent a PM to JeepCares. Asked them to give me status codes. And to my surprise they told me that they could(or would) not give out status code updates anymore, that I would have to get such info from my dealership, no kidding. See attached. Has anyone been told this by JeepCares? Love to know. How does everyone else get their status codes? I really don’t want to have to ask my dealership for this once each week. Thanks to your input and suggestions.
Man, the chat and phone calls to jeep are extremely un-helpful. Ive resorted to just emailing my salesman once a week, on wed since I ordered 8/7. He's way more willing to give out accurate, up to date information.

Advertisement

Mabags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ram 1500 ,16 Durango
67087A03-C511-49E1-BC8C-71D898A1860D.jpeg
I ordered my JT last Friday. It’s as basic as they come: base Sport with manual windows, mirrors and locks, manual transmission and just 3 options: hard top, rubber mats and trailer hitch. Silver color. Figured I would ask just once a week (each Friday) for an update. Tried the on line chat thing first. All they could tell me was that they have all the parts needed and could take 10 to 12 weeks. Could not tell me any more. So I sent a PM to JeepCares. Asked them to give me status codes. And to my surprise they told me that they could(or would) not give out status code updates anymore, that I would have to get such info from my dealership, no kidding. See attached. Has anyone been told this by JeepCares? Love to know. How does everyone else get their status codes? I really don’t want to have to ask my dealership for this once each week. Thanks to your input and suggestions.
I asked my salesman to check once a week and text me with the update and that's how I get mine

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @HTXGladiator and @Mabags thanks for your suggestions. I will try that route after at least one month from order date. I really beat up my dealership on the price of my truck and on what they pay me for my trade. They make holdback and a small documentation fee and otherwise negative profits. So I don’t want them to have to do too much extra work here. Jeep really should have a query system in place so buyers could enter in a VIN number, a VON number and then some security code so buyers could look up their own updates without having to ask anyone. But yes that would make too much sense to do that.

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Hey @HTXGladiator and @Mabags thanks for your suggestions. I will try that route after at least one month from order date. I really beat up my dealership on the price of my truck and on what they pay me for my trade. They make holdback and a small documentation fee and otherwise negative profits. So I don’t want them to have to do too much extra work here. Jeep really should have a query system in place so buyers could enter in a VIN number, a VON number and then some security code so buyers could look up their own updates without having to ask anyone. But yes that would make too much sense to do that.
Hell, my dealer is selling for 100 over holdback. I'm still bugging him weekly. He said it doesn't matter cause they dont have to pay advertising or inventory fees so they still make out just fine

bangolia

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 JKU
Can your dealer place a second order for you and see if it goes through faster? They can always sell your Rubicon if it ever arrives... but I wonder if you'd just be better off ordering again?
that is what my dealer did and it worked!

Sponsored

Mabags

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 Ram 1500 ,16 Durango
Most salespeople don't get their commissions on ordered units until they deliver, it's his job to keep you informed

swampy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JK Willys Wheeler Wrangler, JT Sport S ordered
I'm sure this has been brought up however I am in KZ status when I call Jeep Care however its not picking up window/build sheet on the tracker ? Am i missing something ?
I just confirmed that mine has shipped and has to make the long journey to Oregon now. I have a build sheet in the tool but don't have the window sticker.

Mkcagle

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JT Gladiator Sport S w/max tow
Just got done with “chat”. My Granite Sport S w/Max Tow has all the parts assembled (their words) and should start building within the next 48 hours. Ship date is still showing 8/30/19. Very helpful and patient folks on the chat line.

AlwaysRecord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT/MT Rubicon.
Not sure what happened, I had been getting status codes since late April.

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
The problem with that is that there have been hundreds and hundreds of Jeep Rubicons built recently that were ordered weeks and MONTHS after my Gladiator.... So, they are taking my parts to produce orders that are AFTER my order.
There were “hundreds and hundreds” of Launch Edition Rubicons, ordered before your Glad, still languishing around, unbuilt! Some Rubi parts may have been earmarked/redirected there! ;{

Sponsored

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
5 minutes ago I checked the list of the last 24 hours vehicles completed and only saw one. Just opened it again and I saw my name. Its getting closer!!!

WildJD

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Santa Fe National Forest, Jemez Mountains, NM
Vehicle(s)
2020 GCM Gladiator JT Launch Edition, 2006 Wrangler TJ 4x4 4.0 Liter Straight 6 Golden Eagle, 2018 Cherokee 4x4 3.2 Liter V6 Latitude
Occupation
Mountain Wilderness Rancher/Horse Guide
I chatted the morning my truck was delivered and they told me it didn’t ship yet and not eta. That afternoon my dealer texted me it got delivered. So I guess it could have shipped without the chat people knowing.
:facepalm:

Astephan1284

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Mojave, 2000 TJ Sport
Got a call today from my dealer stating that my Truck is being built with an estimated ship date (KZ status?) of 22 August. Checked Jeep chat today after I got their message and Jeep chat still says I am in D status...wonder who is right and who is wrong? Hopefully it leaves the plant in a couple days.

J&L in Maui

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ
I have a build sheet. Not showing on this tracker. Chat says JB. Dealer thinks it’s done and waiting rail.

Anyone know how accurate build sheet timing is?

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
My GCM Sport S now loaded on a train car, just waiting for it to head my dealers direction. If I'm lucky, it'll be there within 2 weeks. If I'm not so lucky, I'm waiting 4 weeks as I have to fly out to pick it up and then drive it home, and unfortunately with my work schedule, I only get every other weekend off, which would put it 4 weeks out for me. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement

Advertisement