Sponsored

LED Bulb Replacement - IT WORKS!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
So have stock sport s lighting, I was flashed at least 6 times driving to and from Michigan driving on country roads without high beams on.

What's the deal? Is it cuz the halogens are bright, not aimed properly?

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
are the DRLs supposed to be orange or is there an orange tint in my bezel?
MINE
20190822_202413-jpg.jpg

@Godfadr 'S led.
img_8845-jpg.jpg
I think the base Sport and Sport S with regular halogens do not have DRL's in the fenders at least for USA spec'd models unless you get the MAX TOW option.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think the base Sport and Sport S with regular halogens do not have DRL's in the fenders at least for USA spec'd models unless you get the MAX TOW option.
ohh, so what are those amber ish lights? not DRL but just "running lights"?

Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
ohh, so what are those amber ish lights? not DRL but just "running lights"?
Running/Park lights and your turn signal blinker lights.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
any nice "how to" on replacing headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs? if not i'll just start tinkering and figure it out.
For headlights it looks like you can either take the airbox out and get to the bulbs from the back (still kinda tight), or take the grill off and take each headlight assembly off completely (probably easier). Foglights are probably accessible on the back side of the bumper without having to remove anything

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For headlights it looks like you can either take the airbox out and get to the bulbs from the back (still kinda tight), or take the grill off and take each headlight assembly off completely (probably easier). Foglights are probably accessible on the back side of the bumper without having to remove anything
lol, took the grille off last night for my grill insert, i'll just do that again and report back on the fog lights.

are you not supposed to run fog lights with oncoming traffic? Does it blind oncoming drivers?

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
any nice "how to" on replacing headlight bulbs and fog light bulbs? if not i'll just start tinkering and figure it out.
I did it without removing the grill. The driver side bulb is easy but I had to remove the air box but It was not bad at all. The fog lights require the removal of the "bridge" piece that fills the gap between the fender and bumper which is I think 5 or 6 screws. The DRL/blinkers were easy too just had to pop off a push pin and fold down the inner fender liner. I changed out all 8 bulbs in about an hour.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did it without removing the grill. The driver side bulb is easy but I had to remove the air box but It was not bad at all. The fog lights require the removal of the "bridge" piece that fills the gap between the fender and bumper which is I think 5 or 6 screws. The DRL/blinkers were easy too just had to pop off a push pin and fold down the inner fender liner. I changed out all 8 bulbs in about an hour.
i wanted to remove that "bridge" piece anyhow. Nice! Thanks for the help @Lynn_F!

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
You'll hafta do some trimming to get rid of the bridge piece...it is the cover for the fog lights. If you just remove it the fog light housing is open and would be full of mud the first time you went offroad. I intended to remove it too before I realized that. I have been too lazy to take the time to trim it and now it's starting to grow on me. It supposedly helps with the gas mileage too although I'm not convinced on that one.:fingerscrossed:

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
are the DRLs supposed to be orange or is there an orange tint in my bezel?
MINE
20190822_202413-jpg.jpg

@Godfadr 'S led.
img_8845-jpg.jpg
If you don't have two different bulbs, then you don't have DDL's. On the Sport and Sport S I think you only get them with the max tow package.

Godfadr

First Name
Godfadr
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.FredRewey.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited, 2020 Jeep Gladiator
Occupation
Speaker, Author, Dude Who Likes Bacon
Vehicle Showcase
The Fog lights are pretty easy from the top. Remove the one clip on the inside of the wheel well...and then the one (next) bolt. If you have the spacer fill pieces, you will need to take out the top three bolts...then you can reach in and grab the bulb.

Headlights: Don't be intimidated by the grill removal...actually, it is really easy. Check out this video...

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You'll hafta do some trimming to get rid of the bridge piece...it is the cover for the fog lights. If you just remove it the fog light housing is open and would be full of mud the first time you went offroad. I intended to remove it too before I realized that. I have been too lazy to take the time to trim it and now it's starting to grow on me. It supposedly helps with the gas mileage too although I'm not convinced on that one.:fingerscrossed:
i could see it help MPG, air flowing over the tire creates more turbulence. Maybe I should just replace the bumper alltogether like I wanted to, lol.
Sponsored