Does stock JT cut it?

Desert Outlaw

First Name
Desert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Tomb Raider Rubicon, 2020 Rubicon Gladiator
Does the stock steering hold up to tires over 35"? At what height does one need to upgrade the steering? I know that the JT features forged steering parts. I'm hoping they are up to the task.

IMG_20190803_092828.jpg
Sponsored

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
After coming from JKs, when I first crawled under my JL last year I was pleasantly surprised. The suspension is SO beefy. I've run 35s on the JL and now the JT and both were fine with zero hints of death wobble and no issues steering on or off road in terms of holding up to the tire size.

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
After coming from JKs, when I first crawled under my JL last year I was pleasantly surprised. The suspension is SO beefy. I've run 35s on the JL and now the JT and both were fine with zero hints of death wobble and no issues steering on or off road in terms of holding up to the tire size.
Research the JL Forum. They seem ok with 37s.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
I think the answer is in the application of said 37s. Same thing with the axles in general.
If you’ve got the skinny pedal “you gone learn today” style, probably not. Otherwise it sure looks beefy compared to the TJs, LJ and JKs I’ve upgraded previously.

I’m personally fine with winching out of trouble. I’m gonna build a Honda talon for rock bashing next year. My JT will not be making any appearances on the Hammers, Farmington etc.
Moab, rubicon with bypasses etc all day but I’m either too old or to cheap now to destroy a $60k truck
Sponsored