Sponsored

Tops! Canopy / covers / toppers / racks possibilities for Gladiator - Show me!

attworth

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘00 LR Disco II, ‘17 Toyota Sienna
Those Gunner crates are awesome! I wish they had a larger size, my pup "Skookum" is 36” at his back, so I need a cab height solution. That sounds like a great setup, custom canvas, and ac redirect would be perfect!
Oh yeah that’s a big dog!

I was just watching a nuthouse video, and I’d be willing to bet they’d be able to make you something. They’ve got me second guessing my current plans.

LongTimeGone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Considering Jeep Gladiator
what is this picture of?
It’s a picture of a custom dog cate from TNC Fabricating. I shared the pic of the cage on the wrangler because I like the fan option and how they can fabricate the cage to match the contours of a vehicle. I'm contemplating having one fabricated to fit between a full height bed rack for my pup.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
hey @Slapping_Rabbits , i removed my 2 posts about Alu-Cab that you "liked". When i contacted their north american distributor ok4wd.com, I was basically told that "regular dealer" was full of you know what.

He said there are 3 types that will be coming out by december (i think this is the explorer/adventure and camper versions). so who knows if that's october or 12/31. You never know with these target date things. I was just happy to hear that the info I received earlier was in all liklihood bogus.

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
hey @Slapping_Rabbits , i removed my 2 posts about Alu-Cab that you "liked". When i contacted their north american distributor ok4wd.com, I was basically told that "regular dealer" was full of you know what.

He said there are 3 types that will be coming out by december (i think this is the explorer/adventure and camper versions). so who knows if that's october or 12/31. You never know with these target date things. I was just happy to hear that the info I received earlier was in all liklihood bogus.
Nice. Im going to look more into them.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Nice. Im going to look more into them.
I'm guessing they're pretty sturdy having been tested in African Safari type rental vehicles. Also their 240 degree awning looks nice, was on the Wayout concept.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm guessing they're pretty sturdy having been tested in African Safari type rental vehicles. Also their 240 degree awning looks nice, was on the Wayout concept.
Yeah they really look amazing! The problem is the cost and not being able to use the truck for daily driving and errands. Also why are all these awesome campers made for just 2 people?! Some of us accidentally had kids damnit.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Hello!

First post, long time lurker:) We have a large dog, a Caucasian Ovcharka that will be coming along with us on long overloading trips. He goes everywhere with us and currently travels very well in our Tahoe. However, he's too big to comfortably ride in the cab of the Gladiator with our daughter. So, we're weighing all current cab and expedition rack options. We're afraid of a truck canopy getting too hot, even with the siding windows and fan. We're thinking an expedition rack with a built-in cage or kennel may be the better option. Roof top tent and canvas will help with weather… We've contacted Nuthouse Industries about welding a cage panel into one of the expedition racks, similar to the Jurassic park concept . It seems to be a good option, but there's a long wait to get on the build schedule. TNC Fabrication makes custom dog kennels. Thinking about a custom build to fit in between a Leitner Designs or similar rack. Here's a pic of a wrangler build they did, like the fan option!

https://www.tncfab.com/Dog-Kennels

Would appreciate any feedback/thoughts.

Thanks
@LongTimeGone, here you go man, your beast (and his extended family)
0711191135b_HDR.jpg
will be comfortable in this

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Bobs85Reny

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
85 CJ7 Renegade, 81 Cj8 Scrammler, 84 CJ8 Scrambler, 89 YJ Laredo, 06 Wrangler LJ, 86 CJ7, 02 Liberty, 16 jeePatriot
Yeah they really look amazing! The problem is the cost and not being able to use the truck for daily driving and errands. Also why are all these awesome campers made for just 2 people?! Some of us accidentally had kids damnit.
I am working on a project with @ralphjjr that I think will solve that issue and many others. Most of the Fab work on the camper portion is complete. So far everything is working out very well. our designs have multiple configuration options. This is what is going to make this very unique. I promise I will post more in depth details when we have this completed. I have been putting in many late nights on this project. That is one of the reasons I have not had much time to post more renderings. As much as I like to come up with concepts I also want to prove they work. Sometimes you need to think "INSIDE" the box to do something different instead of following what everyone else is doing. Right Ralph

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes you need to think "INSIDE" the box to do something different instead of following what everyone else is doing. Right Ralph
Wait is that like a secret insider thing? What could he mean, "INSIDE" the box?????

They're going to make the box of the Gladiator out of mirrors so it looks bigger than it really is??

Maybe they were ordering Donuts while working on this and somebody saw something in one of the donuts "INSIDE" the box that gave them an epiphany about making a mobile donut food truck camper???

IT COULD BE ANYTHING GUYS/GALS!:movember:

In serious-land, I'm super excited to see what you guys are working on (@ralphjjr and @Bobs85Reny ), just please make some details knownst before Alu-Cab has their topper/camper things done.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited: