Top Coat

DanOnTheCob

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
I was thinking about picking up some F11 topcoat, I hear good thinks about them. What do you think? What do you use?
Sponsored

brocks364

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
I was thinking about picking up some F11 topcoat, I hear good thinks about them. What do you think? What do you use?
Bought some for my Street Glide. It’s ok. Wizards Mist and Shine does just as good or better and is way cheaper

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
I use P&S Beadmaker it is really great stuff it leaves a slick shine and leaves the paint slick you can use it on the windows to it’s easy to use

TYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Haven’t tried F11 but I just picked up some Turtle Wax Ice Shine & Seal after watching several YouTube comparisons. I’m going to use it later today and will report back after some time goes by. I have been using Meguiar’s Ultimate Detailer with very good results but wanted something that lasts even longer. I used to use Beadmaker before finding that Meguiar’s was even better.

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
Turtle wax ice is fantastic, especially for being 15% of the F11 ripoff price

Sponsored

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
I follow a detailing page on Facebook and the vast majority of people on there say that F11 is junk and is basically just a silicone coating. They say there are a lot better products out there for F11 money, and if you're looking for good, yet less expensive option, Mother's CMX is pretty highly recommended. Not expensive, readily available, and does a great job.

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
I recently purchased 2 bottles of F11 and put it on my wife's black traverse and my grey silverado. First impressions i was really impressed. it gave a great shine and was very slick. My truck is almost 13 years old and it made it look brand new, and about a week later i rinsed it down with water and dried my truck and it was still clean. no washing or scrubbing. put a second coat on at this time and it is still holding up very well. Just need to rinse of the dust and dirt but its still shining. Being able to just quickly rinse and dry my truck made it worth it to me...

Now all that being said, I will not buy it again. It is crazy expensive and when i run out i will try the Turtle wax version. and I'm sure i will be just as pleased with it. This is all just my opinion, Some people love it and others hate it but i thought it did a great job but is overpriced. I would save the money and try one of the above mentioned products. Plus the others can be purchased locally the F11 i had to order.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
I'm going to ceramic coat mine soon which is a fairly easy process (just time consuming). But, I've used Carpro Reload in the past as a stop-gap until I could ceramic coat and it was pretty good. Definitely not as good as ceramic, but much better than wax.

Whiplash2130

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F450, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Retired Helicopter Guy
I use Top Coat F11 on everything I own. It’s very easy to use, which makes it worth the extra $’s. It doesn’t last as long as the claims, but it’s good enough for me! It’s going on the Gladiator as soon as I get it.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
The turtlewax seal n shine works very well and it is like $10-15 depending on where you pick it up (walmart, menards, etc). As soon as the gladiator came home I washed and clay barred the truck and put on a sealer (chemical guys jet seal) and let that cure for a few days. The next wash I waxed with turtle wax ice (I had a leftover bottle I used on my JK that always did me great). Since then after I wash I did the seal n shine by the standard dry it spray it on wipe off. That was a couple months ago and now after I wash everything beads up like a fresh wax and during flash flooding the other night everything was still beading like a fresh wax job. I did all these steps (other than the seal n shine) with my JK and at 9 years old I traded that in with people thinking it wasn't 5 years old because the paint was so good. I am interested in ceramic coating and not many people do it around me but my problem is having to give up my daily driver for overnight at a bare minimum but with the extra protection the seal n shine seams to have added I may forgo that process.

Long story short, for the price I think seal n shine is much more cost effective and at the cost if your not happy you are out almost nothing. F11 on the other hand is more expensive and appears to be more of an internet marketing campaign vs going with a company that has been in the game for years and is widely available, except when the stores sell out.

Sponsored

jeepn412

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jt gladiator
I have a ceramic coating on my black jt. After I wash I use a spray made by auto magic called polymagic. I spray it on and just wipe it off. I also use it on a 2007 bmw that doesn't have ceramic and it makes it look new every time. 25$ bucks a bottle.

FL Handle Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubi
I am a huge fan of the turtle wax seal n shine. It is easy to apply, is chemical resistant and lasts for longer than any wax or sealant I have ever used. There is a reason they are comparing all the other sealants and waxes to it on youtube.

Cleankat

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
I second P&S Beadmaker, great stuff. Doesn't replace a sealant but it's a great maintenance product
Sponsored