msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
what is the distance from the top of the bed to the top of the 3 piece hardtop?
I'm sure you want an actual measurement. For the time being, I think it's 18"-20". It proved more difficult than I expected to use given measurements ... overall height, bed deck height, bed depth. There were a few different heights that all sounded like a description of bed deck height. Thus, the 18"-20" range.
Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I'm sure you want an actual measurement. For the time being, I think it's 18"-20". It proved more difficult than I expected to use given measurements ... overall height, bed deck height, bed depth. There were a few different heights that all sounded like a description of bed deck height. Thus, the 18"-20" range.
height from bottom of bed to the top of the box is about 17.5-18"

Another guy measured from top of box to top of roof at 23". That's the same height as a tacoma topper that I found, so probably right.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
Another guy measured from top of box to top of roof at 23". That's the same height as a tacoma topper that I found, so probably right.
23" ... good to know.

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
interesting that jeep only list specificatios for the sport... is there no difference between the manual transmission sport base and manual transmission sport s without tow package?

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
interesting that jeep only list specificatios for the sport... is there no difference between the manual transmission sport base and manual transmission sport s without tow package?
The Sport S is just the Sport with the 24S (or whatever the Manual pkg is called) so they don't bother changing it up. There are technically 3 specs, one can be pre-loaded with creature comforts so they add the S to it to call out the difference.

Sponsored

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
The Sport S is just the Sport with the 24S (or whatever the Manual pkg is called) so they don't bother changing it up. There are technically 3 specs, one can be pre-loaded with creature comforts so they add the S to it to call out the difference.
that's actually an interesting point, when you look at the build sheets it makes sense that there is only one sport and the sport s is just optioned up.

what makes me doubt this the fact there are things you cannot option on the sport base like heated seats... this could be because they want you to upgrade... or maybe the sport s has a different wiring setup or better weatherproofing to run heated seats. plus the gladiator broshure seems to indicate the sport s gets 1,600 payload and the sport base does not.
20190816_225004.jpg

your thoughts?

JT Truckster

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator
Occupation
HVAC
I would like to see Jeep offer up Velvet Red Pearl Coat on the JT.
Anyone agree?

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2017 JKU, 2022 JTRD ordered.

Sponsored

CroweGladiator

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
upload_2020-1-27_11-12-1.png

According to this there are two sport package options that have the 4.10 axle ratio. The bottom one is definitely the max tow option. The one above it lines up with the specs for the trailer tow package though. Does this mean the trailer tow package also includes the 4.10 axle ratio??

I can't seem to find any concrete information about the trailer tow package options when it concerns ratios other than this.

Sportsman Matt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and yesterday (March 12,2020) I walked into the local dealer near me and was shocked when I was told I couldn't buy or lease a manual transmission Gladiator due to a transmission issue. Bummed for sure, and they didn't have a time frame as to when I could order one with the manual transmission. But this morning I saw the recall notice from FCA and NHTSA about the clutch plate shattering inside the bell housing. This recall makes sense, just the timing was lousy as I was ready to put some green down for a new Gladiator. Plus side is I can still get stuff I want for options that the website doesn't list for the Gladiator Sport base model (I don't want electric windows or door locks, had too many of them go bad at the wrong time in the past)

So anyways for right now I'm waiting for the word when a fix is available and when I can order a manual transmission for my next truck.

Last edited:

JeepChak12

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mazda Miata GT
So anyways for right now I'm waiting for the word when a fix is available and when I can order a manual transmission for my next truck.
i too am in a holding pattern, waiting to order a manual. It sounded like there was initially a hold on manual transmission orders, followed by a stop sale on manuals sitting on lots. The word on the forum is that you can now order manuals again (at least on the JL side) and that recall parts will be available at the end of April so I assume they’ll be able to the that one on the lot when they can replace the clutch, some where around end of April if what I heard was true. I heard from 2 dealers that another notice said parts for the recall will be available on 22 April, and I saw the same on the forum.
Sponsored