Sponsored

J8...Jeep Might Actually Produce this Concept?

2021Buyer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon; 2015 Ram Laramie
Looks like support is growing to build the J8? I hope they do!

https://www.motortrend.com/news/jeep-jt-scrambler-concept-drive-channeling-inner-80s/

But the point of making concepts to show at the Easter Jeep Safari is to gauge reaction from a crowd with hardcore enthusiasts as well as Jeep newbies. And the Mopar folks tell us the Scrambler got a giant thumbs up, so who knows. The unique style elements proved popular and could make it into a future Mopar catalogue.

But for now, we welcomed the chance to take the Scrambler for a little cruise down Woodward Avenue. Yes, it drove like the Gladiator that it is. But during a week when Detroit is celebrating car culture as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise, it got approving looks from others on the road.
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin

https://www.motortrend.com/news/jeep-jt-scrambler-concept-drive-channeling-inner-80s/

But the point of making concepts to show at the Easter Jeep Safari is to gauge reaction from a crowd with hardcore enthusiasts as well as Jeep newbies. And the Mopar folks tell us the Scrambler got a giant thumbs up, so who knows. The unique style elements proved popular and could make it into a future Mopar catalogue.

But for now, we welcomed the chance to take the Scrambler for a little cruise down Woodward Avenue. Yes, it drove like the Gladiator that it is. But during a week when Detroit is celebrating car culture as part of the Woodward Dream Cruise, it got approving looks from others on the road.
"could make it into a future Mopar catalogue." This would be a super cool kit to buy like the old TJ brute kits. I'd enjoy seeing people build these and they would probably end up as a really cool race truck.

"Yes, it drove like the Gladiator that it is." Interesting comment since its a full JLU frame underneath as stated by Jeep in other videos. In the pics you can see the rear shocks are pointed towards the rear instead of front.

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut

Did you mean to say J6? The article is very misleading by talking about the scrambler concept while showing the J6 concept in a majority of the photos.

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
Did you mean to say J6? The article is very misleading by talking about the scrambler concept while showing the J6 concept in a majority of the photos.
Hmm, the second time viewing the link takes me to an entirely different article which has 52 photos of the scrambler concept. The first time I clicked on the link, it took me to an article about the dream cruise that had 14 photos of the J6.

Last edited:
OP
OP

2021Buyer

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon; 2015 Ram Laramie
Yes, sorry J6

Sponsored

BK_Yeti

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase

Dash68

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JLUR
Occupation
Astronaut
I'm hoping the J6 goes into production. I have been waiting for a small off -road truck exactly like the J6 for many years to replace my '94 S10 ZR2, single cab, 6 ' box. It is much more practical for me and my lifestyle than the crew cab Gladiator.
Sponsored