Sponsored

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 @MojitoJeep JL & 2020 @NeonGladiatorJT
So I thought I should start a thread here for my 2020 Gladiator Build we are calling the Neon Gladiator. My wife and I picked up our first Jeep last July, aka the MojitoJeep which is a 2018 JLUR. We have had so much fun building it, working on it, going on amazing adventure with it, and meeting so many great Jeepers. This all convinced us it was time to sell our first born child.... a 2016 Porsche Cayman name Taylor Rose. In June, we placed an order for a 2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon. We had been wanting to wait for Punk'n, but we decided to order a black one with the intention of wrapping it. So far we have begun by adding some of the basics, Proclip Usa Phone Mount, Weathertech floormats, shorty antenna, window tints. We have pulled the factory wheels and tires off the Gladiator and sold the tires, and I am selling off the wheels individually because I had a couple of guys wanting just one of them to have a matching spare. Right now, it is currently sitting on the JLUR Factory wheels and tires while we are wrapping the vehicle ourselves. The Gladiator has been completely stripped to make the wrap job easier, since we are not professionals and I have never done a complete wrap before! Obviously, it is going to be a bright Neon color since we are calling it the NeonGladiator but we haven't revealed the official color just yet. Next up will be wheels, tires, and lift!
image?format=raw&type=orig&id=8704.jpg

image?format=raw&type=orig&id=8708.jpg

image?format=raw&type=orig&id=8706.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8707.jpg

9/9/19 Update:
We officially unveiled the Satin Neon Yellow Vinyl Wrap that we completed over the past few weeks. Thanks to some help from some friends helping us wrap and put the Gladiator back together everything went smoothly, it was just time consuming. It's crazy how different this color looks in all the different lighting, and it never looks as good as it does in person! You can check out our wrap reveal video, and I will include a handful of photos below:

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8757.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8745.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8747.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8748.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8759.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8758.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8763.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8755.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8751.jpg

image?format=raw&type=img&id=8769.jpg

Wheels, Tires, and Lift Kit will be coming very soon!

9/16/19 Update:

The new wheels showed up! I went with a set of 17x8.5" Teraflex Nomad Wheels in Black. I am really liking this setup! I got the new tires mounted up but I am still waiting for the lift kit to arrive, I guess the shocks are on back order. Check out our video here showing them off:

9/19/19 Update:

Got the new tires mounted up on the Teraflex Nomad Wheels, still waiting on the lift kit. Tracking it saying the lift should be here Monday:

10/7/19 Updates:

We got the lift kit installed about a week ago! We went with the EVO 4.5" Stage 3 Plus Overland kit with King Shocks. Then we took it over to 4 Wheel Parts Naperville for an alignment and to have them balance the 40's and flex it out on their ramp!

NOVEMBER UPDATES:

Proclip USA did a feature on my wife Kim and our Gladiator:

We took the Gladiator wheeling at Redbird SRA in Indiana for some Jeep Badge of Honor Trails, but ended up damaging the Gladiator because the trails are so damn tight with the trees! We also found that we were having an issue with the the passenger side front spring. After talking with EVO we determined that the bottom spring isolator that was included with the kit was too thick and causing it to bow and hit the sway bar. We have since replace the factory spring isolator and it is all good now.

DECEMBER UPDATES:

The body damage has all been fixed up but we have been waiting to replace the wrap on the rear fender until the paint had some time to cure. This weekend we will finally be putting that back on. We also have a spare tire bed mount from JCR waiting to be installed so hopefully I will be getting to that in the next week or so.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Did it get wrapped?

OP
OP
shockerracing

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Did it get wrapped?
Just finished the wrap yesterday! As soon as I finish editing my YT video from the wrap, I will be sure to update this thread with pics! The wrap took quite a bit of time, especially since this was my first time wrapping an entire vehicle!

Sponsored

OP
OP
shockerracing

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
subscribed. I watched your red dash vid; will be my first mod. hope to get to it by Tuesday.
Awesome! Appreciate the sub, the video should help a lot. It's not terribly hard to do once you can see how everything comes apart.

OP
OP
shockerracing

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Update for this week, I ordered the wheels, tires, and lift kit today! I am hoping everything arrives before the 15th because I have a photoshoot scheduled that day!

Sponsored

Limitless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dragonfly JTR 6spd
I have the Red Rubicon plastic, I'm installing the LE black leather with red stitching.
curious as to what your cost was for those panels. I saw the LE red stitch as I was picking up the Overland leather ones. Im still partial to Overland panels as the stitching matches the rest of the interior.