Sponsored

Xm radio antenna

• Thread starter Deleted member 21141
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0

Deleted member 21141

Have a basic sport . A small 3.5 inch screen. Where is the xm antenna located..? Is it part of the radio mast

I need to mount it higher as reception is terrible. Thanks any help would be appreciated r mike
Sponsored

JT614

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Overland '14 JGC Summit '04 TJ Rubi
Vehicle Showcase
I'm pretty sure it's located on top near the roll bar. You can see it when you take the back top off. It's as high as it goes. Maybe you are encountering other reception issues. Buildings, hills and overpasses all create reception issues.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Hey @Jabberwock66 does your truck have manual windows, mirrors and locks? If yes then you do have a base Sport truck. If you have power windows, mirrors and locks then you have a Sport S. Am not 100% certain of this but I think the Sport S comes standard with that small screen stereo system. I think you have to pay extra for a larger screen stereo system on a Sport S. You can’t get a bigger screen stereo system on the base Sport.

I have a base Sport on order and plan to throw away the tiny stereo system almost as soon as it get my truck. Plan to get an aftermarket stereo system with GPS, phone, etc. Not certain about your XM issue. But just yesterday I spoke with the car stereo place that I will go to and we discussed this exact same issue. Also want to be able to play CD’s as I have lots of CD’s that are not on I-Tunes. Can’t put a disc into the dash, not deep enough. So they are also checking into where we can mount a CD player. Lots of room behind the beck seat, under the back seats and also possibly enough room in the center console. Will let you know what they say about the XM antenna placement. May be that your area just does not get good reception. If you have the base Sport model then please post pictures of your truck, inside and out. Thanks

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

I'm pretty sure it's located on top near the roll bar. You can see it when you take the back top off. It's as high as it goes. Maybe you are encountering other reception issues. Buildings, hills and overpasses all create reception issues.
Appreciate that heads up on location. I will see about moving it

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

Hey @Jabberwock66 does your truck have manual windows, mirrors and locks? If yes then you do have a base Sport truck. If you have power windows, mirrors and locks then you have a Sport S. Am not 100% certain of this but I think the Sport S comes standard with that small screen stereo system. I think you have to pay extra for a larger screen stereo system on a Sport S. You can’t get a bigger screen stereo system on the base Sport.

I have a base Sport on order and plan to throw away the tiny stereo system almost as soon as it get my truck. Plan to get an aftermarket stereo system with GPS, phone, etc. Not certain about your XM issue. But just yesterday I spoke with the car stereo place that I will go to and we discussed this exact same issue. Also want to be able to play CD’s as I have lots of CD’s that are not on I-Tunes. Can’t put a disc into the dash, not deep enough. So they are also checking into where we can mount a CD player. Lots of room behind the beck seat, under the back seats and also possibly enough room in the center console. Will let you know what they say about the XM antenna placement. May be that your area just does not get good reception. If you have the base Sport model then please post pictures of your truck, inside and out. Thanks
Much appreciated of the information

20190824_091224.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

After seeing this pic, possibly it's ALL the metal on your JT that is interfering with the XM signal :giggle:. I'm somewhat joking, but I guess you never know, right ;)?
Right ..lol

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Did you get a base Sport with the manual windows, mirrors and locks or did you get a Sport S that has power windows, mirrors and locks? Got inside pictures? And what is that by your rear bumper? Is that a bumper side step? Love to know.

Much appreciated of the information

20190824_091224.jpg

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

Did you get a base Sport with the manual windows, mirrors and locks or did you get a Sport S that has power windows, mirrors and locks? Got inside pictures? And what is that by your rear bumper? Is that a bumper side step? Love to know.
Power windows and locks and mirrors. The only thing I hate about the Gladiator is the blasted small radio
Cant use uconnect. Cant remote lock or unlock without the remote and the touch screen is too bloody small and the station saver is no fun but it's all just first world problems..lol

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Do what I will do. Throw it away and put in a decent aftermarket stereo system. And FYI what you have is a Sport S, don’t have a base Sport model truck.

OP
OP

Deleted member 21141

Do what I will do. Throw it away and put in a decent aftermarket stereo system. And FYI what you have is a Sport S, don’t have a base Sport model truck.
Agreed
Sponsored