Awesome thread. Interesting!

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Hmm, trying to figure out how to wire these to my winch...I'm thinking one switch set to toggle winch power on/off and two others set to momentary to reel it in and out. I'd do just two momentary switches but I wouldn't want them to get hit accidentally. I'm thinking switch 1 turns on a large solenoid (like starter) on the winch power cable and have switch 3 and 4 be momentary and run directly to the solenoid box, 3 reels in, 4 reels out. That or have switch 1 control two small relays that 3 and 4 run into (which then go into the solenoid box), that way I don't have to turn the winch on in the cabin to use the external control.

That only leaves one other aux switch, but I don't really have any other power accessories I need to switch that I plan to use right now.
I don’t think you want to only be able to control the winch from inside. Just use one switch for power to the winch, and use a direct attach control, or wireless remote, to operate the winch.

Bobzdar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1989 grand wagoneer
I don’t think you want to only be able to control the winch from inside. Just use one switch for power to the winch, and use a direct attach control, or wireless remote, to operate the winch.
I want both - so I only have to get the remote control out if I need to winch from outside the vehicle, otherwise I can use the dash buttons for control as I'd say 80-90% of the times I've had to winch I've been inside the vehicle. I just don't want the dash buttons always enabled, hence using a 3rd for enabling the winch. I'm now thinking I can use the 3rd button for power to the solenoid box, so I'd have to always turn it on whether using the remote or in-cab controls, but it would be the most simple to wire up and not require any extra relays or solenoids. Just disconnect the relay power from the main winch power line and run a wire from the aux switch to it instead.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Do they make any good smart devices that i could hook up to my alexa auto i just got? Smart lights? Smart fridge, smart...winch?

Sponsored

Tex-1836

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon. Black ext. / tan leather interior
Can anyone help with this idea: I would like to wire a radar detector to an aux switch and hide the wire behind the dash for a clean install rather than have the wire dangle down and plug into the cigarette lighter. I have no idea how many wires I will find when I cut the radar cord or how to make the connections. Thanks in advance.

Tortooga Custom Works

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladator Launch Edition | 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
Can anyone help with this idea: I would like to wire a radar detector to an aux switch and hide the wire behind the dash for a clean install rather than have the wire dangle down and plug into the cigarette lighter. I have no idea how many wires I will find when I cut the radar cord or how to make the connections. Thanks in advance.
Could you do what you are planning? Yea, sure.... but, this was a good setup: https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-on-the-jt-to-connect-a-radar-detector.17818/

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
And I also have a question for you about the Blackvue. Do you use the cloud service? If so is it run through your UConnect wifi? I am thinking this is the simplest and most common sense to install the cloud system as long as the wifi is powered and connected all the time. If the wifi turns off when you shut the Jeep down then you will not be able to reach your system.

OK as I was typing I had a thought pop into my head. The data link almost has to be open even when the vehicle is powered down or the Uconnect app would not work for remote starting and diagnostics. Is my line of thinking crazy or correct? Hoping someone who actually knows can help out.
unsure about the data link, and I'm thinking that makes sense, but I will tell you of the 2 vehicles I've had with wifi, neither of them had their wifi accessible until you started the vehicle.

Cape taco12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
I wish they had an option to tie it into the high beams as well. Guess when I get mine I will have to splice my off-road lights into the high beams wire directly.

Sponsored

TeenJr

First Name
Hank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Can you use a switch to power the winch? This will be my first winch install..

Pat2Alaska

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Hydro-Blue Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Jedi
I found the wires under the dash on the passenger side. I have the cable to connect my dash cam. I am wondering where I would find a place for my ground wire?
There are grounding points behind the passenger’s kickboard.

kthrash

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
IT Director
is that wiring harness available on all JL's even without the switchgroup?
Sponsored