Issues right out of the dealership parking lot

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Thanks all. As for fluid check, i do have the auto 8spd and just read owners manual, no dipstick and says special tools required. I agree about driving it for a while to see if it "learns" maybe. Compass calibrated done! Right now I'm more concerned with the highway vibe. Will continue updating as I go.
It could be wheel weight differences. I don't see why it couldn't be this, sounds very much like unbalanced wheels to me. Easy check at least
Sponsored

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport Max
It could be wheel weight differences. I don't see why it couldn't be this, sounds very much like unbalanced wheels to me. Easy check at least
I put on new wheels and tires, still had the 55mph vibe. Seems to occur after everything comes up to temp, after 10-15miles

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I've had the same vibration issue as you (off and on, but very frequent) between 45-65 mph. I had my dealership look at it when I was getting my bedliner, they diagnosed it as an out of balance rear wheel and "fixed" it. This was despite the fact that I told them it's harmonic and goes away when you go over 70, which most unbalanced wheel issues wont. I have a new appointment scheduled for next week after I asked for a more thorough look into the issue, REALLY hoping it just can be fixed but I'm sure I'll get the "we can't feel anything/it's normal" bs.

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Proximo, that sounds pretty similar to how my vibration occurs. Does yours also tend to be really bad in the rain? The other thing I've noticed is if I shift into 4hi, it goes away immediately. Makes me think it's something out of balance in the front driveshaft/axles but I'm not sure. I also can't tell if it's temporary or not because I'm not willing to drive around in 4hi on dry pavement for very long lol

OP
OP
XJ2JTChris

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S on 35's, Mopar 2" lift, `96 XJ, 97 ZJ, `99 Camaro LS1
Thats a great idea about shifting to 4hi. With my XJs i used to just pull the front shaft to help isolate front or rear. Not willing to work on this truck myself just yet. Part of my justification for going new this time was to have the warranty and not need to worry about issues like this. Being told it's an out of balance tire would make me blow a gasket. Haha. If i bring it there, I'm not picking it up without having a tech ride shotgun so if they do something asinine like that, i can immediately prove it was a foolish waste of time. Glad to hear I'm not the only one with this "normal" issue. Haha. Cheers all, I'll keep updating as well....

Sponsored

iblowatsports

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
Yeah the tire balance response definitely increased my blood pressure quite a bit, I will not be making the same mistake of assuming they found the fix until I see it for myself again. I am definitely glad I'm not alone too, I just hope this doesn't turn into an ordeal as service stuff can sometimes turn into. I've seen a few other threads with similar issues, one of which was fixed by replacing a front side axle (I actually sent the link to the tech as a possible lead). I just want this one issues fixed on a truck I otherwise absolutely love :(

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah the tire balance response definitely increased my blood pressure quite a bit, I will not be making the same mistake of assuming they found the fix until I see it for myself again. I am definitely glad I'm not alone too, I just hope this doesn't turn into an ordeal as service stuff can sometimes turn into. I've seen a few other threads with similar issues, one of which was fixed by replacing a front side axle (I actually sent the link to the tech as a possible lead). I just want this one issues fixed on a truck I otherwise absolutely love :(
No, you guys are not alone @XJ2JTChris, there are others with it and other variations of description of it. Mine is like a harmonic hum/vibe at 55-65. Half of my commute is on M59 with 55mph limit, so I get it daily.

hazzardsky

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Rubicon, 17 JK Recon
My JT started doing a hum/vibration at 50-65 mph as well. Oddly enough it didn't start until recently. I swapped tires with my JK to rule out that, but still happens.

Any chance its related to that recall of ungreased driveshafts?

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My JT started doing a hum/vibration at 50-65 mph as well. Oddly enough it didn't start until recently. I swapped tires with my JK to rule out that, but still happens.

Any chance its related to that recall of ungreased driveshafts?
That's what I was thinking, until @iblowatsports mentioned that someone had a front side axle replaced.

KentuckyCatFan

First Name
Nina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Hydro Blue Overland
Thanks all. As for fluid check, i do have the auto 8spd and just read owners manual, no dipstick and says special tools required. I agree about driving it for a while to see if it "learns" maybe. Compass calibrated done! Right now I'm more concerned with the highway vibe. Will continue updating as I go.
Good luck for sure! Let us know how it turns out for you. Hopefully fully satisfied-

Sponsored

OP
OP
XJ2JTChris

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect description.....that's the word I was trying to think of....similar to "harmonic" vibration. More heard than felt. There's a huge jeep rally on sept 14th that I've been dying to go to with my JT, and i dont want to risk having it hung up at the service dept since i was lucky enough to take a fairly quick delivery. So I'll be calling a few service depts over the next few days to get the process started, but ultimately wont bring it in until after the weekend of the 14th. Unless someone over the phone sounds confident like they know exaclty what it is and offers a reasonable and quick turnaround to do the job.

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Perfect description.....that's the word I was trying to think of....similar to "harmonic" vibration. More heard than felt. There's a huge jeep rally on sept 14th that I've been dying to go to with my JT, and i dont want to risk having it hung up at the service dept since i was lucky enough to take a fairly quick delivery. So I'll be calling a few service depts over the next few days to get the process started, but ultimately wont bring it in until after the weekend of the 14th. Unless someone over the phone sounds confident like they know exaclty what it is and offers a reasonable and quick turnaround to do the job.
Are you going to Holly, MI on the 14th? Limited participants in the new orv park. Unlimited spectators welcome. That's what I read on the invite

OP
OP
XJ2JTChris

XJ2JTChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are you going to Holly, MI
No, I'm over in CT, there's a small town up near the Massachusetts border that hosts a jeep rally every year. Pretty much the only cool Jeep event that happens in CT. Haha

Proximo

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@XJ2JTChris I don't blame you one bit for wanting to wait till after your Jeep gathering, because who knows how long it will take to get any needed parts. If I end up in the dealership before you, I'll post on your (this) thread. I'm pretty certain that you and I have the same issue. Whether something is out of balance, off center, low fluid, no grease.......

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Might take it to a trusted mechanic for a pre ride before dealerships? Someone who would know, would know. At least you'd have a second opinion going in.
Sponsored