Sponsored

FYI: Tread Lightly Discount Signup Summary (FCA Program)

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I think most dealers don't know that 1) the program exists/entails and 2) don't know that they are being reimbursed more than the 1% that is stated by affiliate pricing marketing material. You guys give too much credit that people/dealers know the tiny details of things despite the opportunity that exists there
Ahh well, we've been spoiled by having a dealer that, surprise surprise, knows how to do his job, and is even knowledgeable about it!!!

Nah, I get it. Just like in any industry, there's the informed, and then there's the majority.

I'm just trying to figure out how to spin zone my original deal when I go to handle the paperwork on my order. I technically never signed a purchase agreement, but I have on paper the price they offered to me.

If it doesn't work out, how's Iowa this time of year?
Sponsored

HTXGladiator

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 2014 HD XL1200X
Vehicle Showcase
Ahh well, we've been spoiled by having a dealer that, surprise surprise, knows how to do his job, and is even knowledgeable about it!!!

Nah, I get it. Just like in any industry, there's the informed, and then there's the majority.

I'm just trying to figure out how to spin zone my original deal when I go to handle the paperwork on my order. I technically never signed a purchase agreement, but I have on paper the price they offered to me.

Same here. no paperwork yet, and absolutely not opposed to bailing on a $500 deposit.

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want

Lol, Iowa's not bad right now, skip the weather in January and February though. I tell everyone I live here for the 4-5 months a year that its decent here. Love the lake and being outside but the winter is brutal, can you say 50 below 0?

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
Lol, Iowa's not bad right now, skip the weather in January and February though. I tell everyone I live here for the 4-5 months a year that its decent here. Love the lake and being outside but the winter is brutal, can you say 50 below 0?
No, but I can say heated seats and steering wheel :like:

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
The stated deal is with affiliate pricing the customer can buy at 1% below invoice. The dealer actually gets 2% of invoice amount. For example, before affiliate pricing was available on the JT our store was 3% below invoice, now that it is available we are 5% below invoice. Make sense?
So to keep it simple, if the Jeep is $50k. And 2% of that is $1,000, does that mean FCA gives the dealer $1,000 if I use Tread Lightly?

Sponsored

spenchey

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
spencer heywood
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
every gladiator you could want
So to keep it simple, if the Jeep is $50k. And 2% of that is $1,000, does that mean FCA gives the dealer $1,000 if I use Tread Lightly?
If invoice amount is $50,000, the rebate to the dealer is $1,000 with tread lightly

terrordbn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition, 2020 Jeep Granite Crystal Gladiator Launch Edition (on order)
Vehicle Showcase
Control number is good for 4 months
My control number is good for 8 months after I requested it. At least that is what the email says that I received after requesting it. 4/1/2019 to 1/2/2020.

Aaron

basicGlad

First Name
GBP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
miata, vw bugg, subaru
Build Thread
Link
what's

"Select Yes if you are eligible for the individual member discount as a current member of a Tread Lightly! club. Otherwise select No."

?

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
My control number is good for 8 months after I requested it. At least that is what the email says that I received after requesting it. 4/1/2019 to 1/2/2020.

Aaron
Mine said 4 months too

CbtEngr8591

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Rubi
looks like if i don't use it within 4 months i can request one more..max 2 per calendar year

Sponsored

terrordbn

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Freedom Edition, 2020 Jeep Granite Crystal Gladiator Launch Edition (on order)
Vehicle Showcase
Mine said 4 months too
Am I different? I have triple checked my control number email. Its good for 8 months. From the Tread Lightly Affiliate program...This is the copy/paste from the notification:

• Date Issued: 04-01-2019
  • Expiration Date: 01-02-2020

Aaron

rbryant76

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon
Hmm would telling a sales person you are going to get a tread lightly code, before talking numbers...be a bad idea? Feels like it would..

Im about to start the ordering process and before I go into the dealership I want to get a good standing of where pricing will be via email.

treefrog

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n Gladiator and a DR6fiddy
Occupation
Retired US Army.
Hmm would telling a sales person you are going to get a tread lightly code, before talking numbers...be a bad idea? Feels like it would..

Im about to start the ordering process and before I go into the dealership I want to get a good standing of where pricing will be via email.
I would let them know up front as not all dealers participate in the Affiliate Rewards Program. Affiliate Rewards will get you 1% below invoice. Then you start negotiating from there. When I started looking, I emailed several dealers. Told them I would be using the Affiliate Rewards program. I sent them a build sheet of what I wanted with my options and asked if they would would be willing to go lower than the 1%. Never heard back from two. One said they did not honor the Affiliate's program and two wanted to play ball. My final decision was not hard. Price wise, the two dealerships were within a couple of hundred dollars. No big deal there. BUT one dealer was appreciative of my business while the other just felt like petting a cat the wrong way. They were trying to intimidate me into spending my money with them. Sorry, but that crap doesn't work here. The whole process for me took about a week through email to agree upon a price with only 3ish emails back and forth. Then I let both of them look over my trade (my JKU) to see what they would offer for it and then I ordered. No loss of sleep on my end.
Sponsored