Light bright blows their motor, prodigy turbo the culprit

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
So to be clear and honest, this is the video I was initially referencing.

This and shilling combine to create an environment on YouTube that just feels trashy. It’s a race to the bottom with empty videos filled with “influencers” crying out for you to use their codes or go to their amazon store and in exchange you get some eye candy and regurgitated factoids.

Frankly I’m not bothered by the shorts and wizzard & co.s love of trap beat and drone footage, they are involved and invested.
Sponsored

Hootbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
I will not lie, I have watched more than a few videos of theirs because she is easy on the eyes than I would have otherwise.

Right or wrong, good looking women in any male dominated environment makes it a polarizing situation. Looks only take it so far before the content has to stand on it's own merits but any criticisms brings the White Knights and sword fights out in the open.

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
So to be clear and honest, this is the video I was initially referencing.

This and shilling combine to create an environment on YouTube that just feels trashy. It’s a race to the bottom with empty videos filled with “influencers” crying out for you to use their codes or go to their amazon store and in exchange you get some eye candy and regurgitated factoids.

Frankly I’m not bothered by the shorts and wizzard & co.s love of trap beat and drone footage, they are involved and invested.
You just got busted watching angry grille vids. Jeeps weren't meant to be angry. don't do it...

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I came across it just after getting the JK, needed to learn how to remove the grill. Since then it’s been factory black, flat black, gray, silver, teal/gunmetal/violet color shift, red, orange, striped. It has never been nor will it ever be angry or grumpy or miffed. It will not have lashes nor a reindeer nose.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I came across it just after getting the JK, needed to learn how to remove the grill. Since then it’s been factory black, flat black, gray, silver, teal/gunmetal/violet color shift, red, orange, striped. It has never been nor will it ever be angry or grumpy or miffed. It will not have lashes nor a reindeer nose.
Do they make gigantic jeep cheese head football helmet tops?

Sponsored

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I’m not sure I’d be allowed to do that, being a jets fan and all. The best we are allowed to do is to have a small bumper sticker of Namath’s Jersey ringed in shame and failure.

smess

My friend had a prodigy and it never ran right from day one, prodigy tried to fix it. He sold the Jeep and said they were horrible to deal with.

Interestingly enough I talked to a very well well known hemi converter about doing my JT and he said there is huge demand for my motor as a take out because this Turbo Company buys every one because they blow up everyones shit. I asked what turbo company Prodigy, he laughed and said the one in FL.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I follow Lite Brite on YT, I enjoy most if not all of their videos, and the ones I don't I just turn off. I like their little dogo and they have what appears to be a good time. It is somewhat disappointing that some of these folks play the sex appeal thing, but it is their business I suppose. Lite Brite at least isn't too overt with it, anyway whatever, their turbo didn't lunch their engine, the continued use of the throttle when it was in terminal destruct mode did.

Sponsored

DaveNH

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai Sonata
This may start a shit-show... but why do people hate on YouTubers so much? I’m not a big fan of Lite Brite videos, but mostly because I can’t relate to their lifestyle or budget. I see no reason to hate on them either.
I see this all the time and can’t help wonder why people need to cut down others just because they don’t like their content/opinion/appearance/etc. I realize this IS the internet and it’s full of hate... but I tend to just ignore the things I don’t like rather then cut them down.
Sorry for the rant... feeling like an old man now. Just want to see the world as a happier place for my kids!
What I find interesting is that when Kevin started posting his videos on the JL forum, when it was just them wheeling, people fell over themselves to throw compliments. Suddenly, when they decide to monetize the popularity generated from those videos, they're a problem. Smh.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
What I find interesting is that when Kevin started posting his videos on the JL forum, when it was just them wheeling, people fell over themselves to throw compliments. Suddenly, when they decide to monetize the popularity generated from those videos, they're a problem. Smh.
Wonder if there's a way to monetize it that doesn't turn people off.

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Don’t whore and be honest about the relationships.
of you could just make a ton of money from the views and not be greedy and buy the products you want to review/test with your own money.

Checkout this guy, love his channel. Buys all the stuff he tests with his own money, albeit, it doesn't cost that much. Hes not testing $6,000 turbo kits, lol. But still, you can make tons of money on youtube if you're good, just from the views. I know its not jeeping stuff, still cool. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2rzsm1Qi6N1X-wuOg_p0Ng

Kahless

First Name
Kahless
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Triumph Thunderbird Storm
Honestly it doesn't much matter which engine, if it's not designed to work with turbocharging you are inviting issues. The 11.3:1CR is possible because of the knock sensor playing crazy games with ignition timing but can it react fast enough and retard far enough to account for Moar Powah!? Trying to compress fire never really works well for engines, leading to all sorts of problems from flame gouged pistons as Sorbs discusses to valves failing and real irregular vibrations which murders bearings.
The JL turbo is only 10:1
that doesnt really matter if youre an adult about it. people have been charging the coyote 5.0, and its got between 10-11:1, without problems for years. hell ford even sells kits to install from the factory. you just have to have a safe tune and keep boost levels at a reasonable limit. you can make 700hp with a damn warranty on the stock engine. you might be able to make 850 from that kit but you might also only make it for a month or two.
Sponsored