OP

mimms123

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLU Rubicon
I would say not.....airbags are deployed and there seems to be a dealer license plate surround on it already

looking closer it looks like all the parts are in the bed. Probably bent frame and just too expensive to fix

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I would say not.....airbags are deployed and there seems to be a dealer license plate surround on it already
Fair point about the license frame. But would the airbag not deploy in any serious collision, even if it was wrecked while riding on a train?

I honestly don't know. I kind of assumed it would, but maybe the vehicle needs to be turned on?

Sponsored

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
If the airbag deploys while the vehicle is not running and in park then we will be seeing a recall in the near future

Reactions: Tim

Benbean66

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
Fair point about the license frame. But would the airbag not deploy in any serious collision, even if it was wrecked while riding on a train?

I honestly don't know. I kind of assumed it would, but maybe the vehicle needs to be turned on?
Airbags only deploy with the ignition on and typically in collisions over a few miles an hour.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Because of the newness of the build the "parts" are hard to get so getting the insured another one quickly is usually the most economical for the insurance company.

Individual Lease on 7/10/2019 in Evansville Indiana

The Acme Company

First Name
jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator LE 2018 JLUR
It looks to me that the body shop took it apart for repairs. You can see where they cut off some of the damaged sheet metal. Once they took it apart they found additional damage and applied for a supplement. The additional or hidden damage pushed the repair past the “Total” value so they “Totaled It” and sent it to the salvage pool.

My Guess is Engine damage. Parts availability is not a problem. Only the radiator, grill and perhaps the A/C condenser are different from the JL. You have 2 model years of JL production so you have plenty of parts available.

Sponsored

MPETE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Wrangler Sport, 2015 NIssan Frontier SV crew cab VTP 4x4, 1996 Chevy S10 excab sportside 4.3 5spd
Occupation
F*rd parts guy
My Guess is Engine damage. Parts availability is not a problem. Only the radiator, grill and perhaps the A/C condenser are different from the JL. You have 2 model years of JL production so you have plenty of parts available.
You forgot about the frame. I'm putting money on it being a damaged frame. Right now every frame produced is being used in production so there aren't frames out there for repair purposes.

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
this seems prime for one of those electric conversion kits.

BreakFixRepeat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Mine got rear ended and pushed into another jeep in front of me. Biggest damage was frame and bed. Insurance totaled it because the frame was on a 9 month backorder. And bed was on a 6 month backorder. Long story short i got a new Gladiator on the way.
Sponsored