Custom King Shocks

Scottdip

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Launch Edition
Any suggestions on the best place to order custom King shocks?

I tried to search their dealer network on King's website but the website is shit.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Scottdip

Scottdip

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I ended up going with Filthy Motorsports.

OP
OP
Scottdip

Scottdip

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
King OEM Performance Series shocks just got delivered.

Hopefully gonna try and install them this weekend.

B4A588CD-3251-4BB2-9CE1-490EE3B4A92C.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Scottdip

Scottdip

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rear shocks went on perfect just as the instructions stated. Now when i went to install the front shocks I noticed that the reservoir bracket will not fit flush against the truck frame as shown in the instructions. Seems King assumed the bracket for the JL would fit on the JT. Since my girlfriend has a 2019 JL I figured why not take a look and see if there is a difference.

Basically the difference is in the location where the shroud for the coil is welded to the frame. On the JT , there is an extra brace welded to the frame and coil shroud where the JL does not have the extra brace. This extra support blocks the bracket from sitting flush against the frame. At that point I went back to the instructions and noticed that King must have used a JL in the instruction book. I guess I could cut off this extra welded support but the instructions do not mention it at all. Nor does the instruction manual list other obstructions on the right side compared to the JL.

This is troubling in the fact that King might not have ever installed a set of reservoir shocks on the front axle of a Gladiator as the reservoir bracket clearly doesn't fit, or I was sent the wrong bracket with the wrong front shock installation guide. Although it states 2020 Gladiator on the included instructions.

I have reached out to get clarification via email with pictures to Filthy Motorsports where I purchased the shocks.

Just wanted to update this thread in case anybody else is looking at purchasing and installing the King OEM Performance Shocks.

Malarkey21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 1993 BMW 325is, 2016 Triumph Street Twin
Got some pictures of those bad boys? I want to upgrade my shocks and King has me pretty interested currently

OP
OP
Scottdip

Scottdip

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I finished installing the shocks last night. I have never done anything like this before so it took a little while but I'm glad I made the attempt.

Had to cut a small piece of metal off in order for the front reservoir brackets to fit. Filthy Motorsports said they will now let all future clients know about the bracket cutting as it's not in the directions. They also told me King should be coming out with a revised reservoir bracket but didn't have a timeline. I am a direction follower so maybe I made a bigger deal about it than was necessary since he told me most aftermarket shops will just hack anything off and move on. I didn't take any pictures with the tires off as I was rushing to finish the install since it was getting late and the humidity/mosquitos were killing me, but here are a few.

Rear Shock
bxIQEN4uBe5dZ7fXPEXCaFNpwvntHjgzCprDPBK5MJN3TfMO6u_34-eNLvSpMglWHUnevxEaz9gtA_uObps=w687-h915-no.jpg

King vs Fox rear shock
9kuPgRhk5X16KF0KSte9GT47K7ZKUYCf4ch6aud2xuNApyOS4YKtQaXX5HYWLA6-TjKAirWJfDZJJntDh8U=w687-h915-no.jpg

Front Shock Installed
7eMW8hrJKjpXRNtM5xjpkfWdxBFBl6ZGxJNSb8wkVru7dblDRCelOwBGmPVP-P276LLT-pBm2YZiO6I_ljc=w687-h915-no.jpg

oqhHPbb4K2ZXrs4LG-Rq4vuldmgiHITycXufoVsxsvDRSRTYderdTw3n-Uev7A6o4AOT02ItmACwWLS8gKk=w687-h915-no.jpg

Last edited:

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Nicely done!
Sponsored