Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1973 Honda CB350, '88 RHD YJ, '88 YJ, 2020 JT Spor
Occupation
Railroad Equipment Operator
Vehicle Showcase
For anyone that is looking for a manual and hasn't ordered one, Mack Haik in Georgetown, TX has two. If you end up buying, mention me. :D

Resized952019090695180209.jpg

Resized952019090795095339.jpg
There might be a M/T Sting Grey Rubi in Reading PA, also. Soft Top, Tonneau Cover, Cloth Seats. See my signature for more details.
Sponsored

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
Great report. Sounds like it sums up my notions that I'm going like everything but will miss a bit of engine after having V8s for as long as I have now.

I'm far from an expert at such things, but I spend most of my driving life between 1500 and 2500 RPMs, I know pretty much all gas engines make power better at higher RPMS, and the 3.6 has about the same curves as the 5.3 Chevy I'm coming from for the last 10 years. But the curve is lower down the chart. Sum total of that layman's evaluation is that I'm going to have to get used to running it a bit harder than I've been used to hearing the engine doing.

Luckily I'll be in charge of the shift points again now, which I haven't for a while! I've been pushing the pedal on the right and it does what it does for far too long.

So on this 64 it's the opposite. So low you barely need gas. It just goes. I'm totally relearning how to initiate forward momentum. Just feather the clutch and this beast eases forward. So smooth! Of course, anything above 50 is flying at light speed.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
16th week. still in JB. chat is asking me to escalate the case LOL. I said it won't really help unless "JEFF" can walk his ass out there and spray the bed liner in today. Honestly don't know what to do at this point. super tired of the bullshit.

Phippy

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ for rock fun. Porsche Macan for pavement fun.
16th week. still in JB. chat is asking me to escalate the case LOL. I said it won't really help unless "JEFF" can walk his ass out there and spray the bed liner in today. Honestly don't know what to do at this point. super tired of the bullshit.
Honestly I am so impressed with your patience ("on this exciting new launch" lol) with all the stupid runaround with this build. I bailed at 13 1/2 weeks and I am happy with my decision. Others seem happy that they waited. Either way if you wait i expect them to give you so much extra "swag" and maybe a lift and tires as well for waiting on all their B.S.. Hope some one at jeep (higher up the food chain then customer care) is actually watching and understands they are losing people in the jeep community though these bad experiences.

Sponsored

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Honestly I am so impressed with your patience ("on this exciting new launch" lol) with all the stupid runaround with this build. I bailed at 13 1/2 weeks and I am happy with my decision. Others seem happy that they waited. Either way if you wait i expect them to give you so much extra "swag" and maybe a lift and tires as well for waiting on all their B.S.. Hope some one at jeep (higher up the food chain then customer care) is actually watching and understands they are losing people in the jeep community though these bad experiences.
the build sheet on mine even says A/T tires when I ordered M/T ones.... I don't expect the dealership to slap on a $1900 lift and $1000 worth of rad tires for me having to wait. I'm gonna see if these dealership Jabroni's will give me my $500 back. I don't want a sport S auto off the lot. I'm a fancy man and deserve fancy things

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
the build sheet on mine even says A/T tires when I ordered M/T ones.... I don't expect the dealership to slap on a $1900 lift and $1000 worth of rad tires for me having to wait. I'm gonna see if these dealership Jabroni's will give me my $500 back. I don't want a sport S auto off the lot. I'm a fancy man and deserve fancy things
There are an oddly small amount of trucks on lots down your way. I was thinking there might be one around the countryside there. Not much in the neighborhood.

lukem80

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon
There are an oddly small amount of trucks on lots down your way. I was thinking there might be one around the countryside there. Not much in the neighborhood.
Most 'big' dealerships here in my state have 2-4 Gladiators... mostly Sport S. the few gladiators are optioned out of my price range honestly. I think I'm pulling the plug on this. If anyone wants a Rubicon 3 piece steel bumper with skid plate for $800 PM me. I ain't shipping it LOL

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a red manual JTR on 5/24 and was in D status until I canceled it last week. I consider myself lucky now that I've hooked my star to a black manual JTR in JB status (probably for the bedliner, just like yours). Now that I've seen this Rubicon at Mack Haik that's listed above, it makes me want to drive the 12 hours from St. Louis to Texas and grab it and be done. At least since ours have left the factory, we won't be affected by the impending strike.

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Nice one. You're a man after my own heart. I've got a black manual Rubi in JB status right now. What are those mud flaps you've got in the front and do you have a better picture of one side or the other that shows one? Also, where did you get them and how much?
I think you're cornfusing mine with @AlwaysRecord 's Jeep. He has the flaps. I was replying to his message with what you quoted. So... still kindred spirits, minus the mud flaps!

firemedic2714

First Name
Scotty P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JT Rubicon, 19 Genesis G70, 1972 Ford LTD coupe
Occupation
Firefighter / Paramedic
Vehicle Showcase
Finally home and in the garage! It was almost anticlimactic at the dealership but I drove it around all day today and definitely glad I didn’t jump in to an automatic towards the end of my wait (no offense to the guys that did).

The fit and finish is awesome, I looked the whole thing over pretty thoroughly before signing the paperwork. All parts and pieces accounted for including the soft top packaged in the bed. Dealership installed the Mopar lift and Nitto trail grapplers 35x11.50R17, including the spare. On the road noise is very quiet, no complaints.

I have zero complaints about the MT. The throws are solid, shifter is in a comfortable position and the clutch is fine, IMO anyone that complains about it probably should just stick to an auto. However - it’s slow, painfully slow - but it doesn’t really bother me - I’ll take low end benefits. As people have said 1, 2, 3, 4 are your most response gears 5 and 6 are almost non existent - I see them used for cruising above 55-60. Most of my driving was around town.

The saddle leather is nice. Took a buddy for drive that loves to build cars, he was impressed but wanted a little more growl - suggested a Volant cold air intake, possibly a magnaflow exhaust and a peddle commander (or another company, can’t remember name) to help a bit with the acceleration. I’ll do some of my own research on this stuff before I commit - anyone have experience? Here’s a couple pics, let me know if you want any other pics or have questions.

9PmCMNj.jpg

wvyrUxn.jpg
Nice one. You're a man after my own heart. I've got a black manual Rubi in JB status right now. What are those mud flaps you've got in the front and do you have a better picture of one side or the other that shows one? Also, where did you get them and how much?

ohiobrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
I just went out to drive my Gladiator (458 miles in ~ 2 weeks and until 20 minutes ago, absolutely loved it). I could not get it to shift into reverse out of my garage. I ended up pushing it out of the garage, into the street (I wanted to see if I could drive it around the block and get through a few gears, hoping it would work itself out).. No dice. (When it looks like it should be in 1st gear, it's actually in 3rd..)... After about 1/4 mile, the engine started smoking.. I could smell transmission fluid.

It's parked on the street in front of the house, waiting for a tow.

458 miles. I want to puke.

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
Oh wow! I am getting a stick shift Gladiator literally any day now. It’s at a rail facility 2 hours away from my dealership. I hope mine does not have such a nightmare situation. Hope they get yours fixed quickly. Also hope they give you a loaner Gladiator that works to drive while they find your lemons.

I just went out to drive my Gladiator (458 miles in ~ 2 weeks and until 20 minutes ago, absolutely loved it). I could not get it to shift into reverse out of my garage. I ended up pushing it out of the garage, into the street (I wanted to see if I could drive it around the block and get through a few gears, hoping it would work itself out).. No dice. (When it looks like it should be in 1st gear, it's actually in 3rd..)... After about 1/4 mile, the engine started smoking.. I could smell transmission fluid.

It's parked on the street in front of the house, waiting for a tow.

458 miles. I want to puke.
Sponsored