Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Looks black to me.
Any way. My Rock slide engineering step sliders (and additional skid) arrived today. So Jeep needs to either hurry up and release the blue and Gobi already to placate my little patience or just release Gator on time. My wife isn't the happiest with the large RSE boxes taking up space in the home...
Sponsored

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
I see your kinda new so go search for pics of the Wayout Gladiator concept. Folks at Jeep have said repeatedly that it was painted Gator Green.
Yep - I am a bit new to the forum. I have read probably 75% of the forum, blame my obsessive engineering personality. I may have fallen prey to Youtube/forum experts:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-event-happening-now.10259/page-3#post-183761

That claimed more of the Deep Beryl Green Pearl Coat. If you watch and zoom in on the Gladiator pulling the boat, it is dark forest green not black. I visited a Jeep dealership today to show the video and they agree. Watch the different frame and pay specific attention to the body vs fender color. The fenders are definitely black. The body appears to be the darker, forest (my words) green. That being said, I have read all of the opinions on the forum and really want them to be true. I also went back to my Gladiator brochure (after thinking about it) and the brochure shows something like the Wayout. This is what I would like, just like the JK I saw today.

I travel a bunch for work, so I have had the opportunity to visit dealers in 5 different states in the last couple weeks. my goal is to learn as much as I can and gather as much data as I can.

If the Gator looks like this Jeep, I am in. After having 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees, the Jeep Gladiator finally gives me the versatility that I wanted out of a Wrangler.

I hope to continue to soak up the knowledge of this forum - thanks.

westgate jk gator 5.jpg

westgate jk gator 3.jpg

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Yep - I am a bit new to the forum. I have read probably 75% of the forum, blame my obsessive engineering personality. I may have fallen prey to Youtube/forum experts:

https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-event-happening-now.10259/page-3#post-183761

That claimed more of the Deep Beryl Green Pearl Coat. If you watch and zoom in on the Gladiator pulling the boat, it is dark forest green not black. I visited a Jeep dealership today to show the video and they agree. Watch the different frame and pay specific attention to the body vs fender color. The fenders are definitely black. The body appears to be the darker, forest (my words) green. That being said, I have read all of the opinions on the forum and really want them to be true. I also went back to my Gladiator brochure (after thinking about it) and the brochure shows something like the Wayout. This is what I would like, just like the JK I saw today.

I travel a bunch for work, so I have had the opportunity to visit dealers in 5 different states in the last couple weeks. my goal is to learn as much as I can and gather as much data as I can.

If the Gator looks like this Jeep, I am in. After having 3 Jeep Grand Cherokees, the Jeep Gladiator finally gives me the versatility that I wanted out of a Wrangler.

I hope to continue to soak up the knowledge of this forum - thanks.

westgate jk gator 5.jpg

westgate jk gator 3.jpg

Yea, I think most around here have seen that youtube vid. I think it was Jeep Informant. In fairness to him, Jeep appears to be reusing the old paint code for beryl green.

That said, Jeep’s people made it clear at Easter Jeep Safari that the Wayout concept was Gator Green.

So, unless they totally threw us a curve ball (totally possible) I’m feeling good that the Wayout’s color is what we’ll get.

But, if it does turn out to be like Beryl Green,,,,,, well my decision between Gator Green and Hydro Blue will have gotten much easier.

Anyways, welcome to the forums. Have fun!

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Did everyone see what I think I saw in the new Jeep Gladiator commercial - is this Gator? If it is, it definitely looks FCA resurrected the Deep Beryl Green Pearl Coat and renamed it Gator.... I am holding out hope it looks more like the green on the Wayout. If not, looks like Sting Grey it will be.

I took some screen shots to share, but go watch the commercial.

Capture5.JPG

Capture3.JPG

Capture6.JPG

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG
maybe my eyes suck, but i just see a black JT in those photos.

Sponsored

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
But, if it does turn out to be like Beryl Green,,,,,,
i will scream obsenities and then cross fingers for a Ranger Green edition, lmao.

TRI-JAB

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Samson-'20 Gladiator,'07 BMW Z4,'22 BMW M340 xDriv
Build Thread
Link
Looks black to me.
Any way. My Rock slide engineering step sliders (and additional skid) arrived today. So Jeep needs to either hurry up and release the blue and Gobi already to placate my little patience or just release Gator on time. My wife isn't the happiest with the large RSE boxes taking up space in the home...
I’m with you on that - release the Gator!

Also glad to see I am not the only one stock piling parts for a truck that I don’t have. Picked up a set of wheels and tires yesterday. FedEx is bringing my slush mats today... struggling with what tonneau cover to get. Watched a video on the Rugged Ridge covers. Leaning toward the tri-fold, but like the idea of the roll-up hard cover.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant

Also glad to see I am not the only one stock piling parts for a truck that I don’t have. Picked up a set of wheels and tires yesterday. FedEx is bringing my slush mats today... struggling with what tonneau cover to get. Watched a video on the Rugged Ridge covers. Leaning toward the tri-fold, but like the idea of the roll-up hard cover.
I'm really trying to wait. I'm trying to make the down payment as big as possible. Nut I had to jump on the Labor day sale. 10% off of that order was $280, plus Morris 4x4 threw in the LED light kit ($69) for free ( I discovered that after opening the boxes).

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S

I'm kinda doing that. Any mods I buy for my Wrangler JLU have to be transferable to a Gladiator or my wife's JLU Sport.

Sponsored

txjeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Guys, go to Jeep.com and build a JT. Gator has been on there for weeks as a color choice. Great way to see the color! It looks like the green on the Wayout concept vehicle. I think I'll be happy with it but I must wait and see it in person before making final decision. I had to do the same with Tank green on the JK, see it in person before I bought it. Pretty sure I am going to like it and it won't be one of those brighter greens they occasionally do.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Guys, go to Jeep.com and build a JT. Gator has been on there for weeks as a color choice. Great way to see the color! It looks like the green on the Wayout concept vehicle. I think I'll be happy with it but I must wait and see it in person before making final decision. I had to do the same with Tank green on the JK, see it in person before I bought it. Pretty sure I am going to like it and it won't be one of those brighter greens they occasionally do.
It's been on there since the beginning , but it looks way darker than the Way Out looks. I don't think the jeep builder is accurate

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's been on there since the beginning , but it looks way darker than the Way Out looks. I don't think the jeep builder is accurate
Actually this is looking better than it use to. But it's had many iterations, lol

Screenshot_20190908-134317_Chrome.jpg

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Here is a screen shot I have from July 16th. Looks the same to me. It looks like a similar shade but just darker than the Jeep Wayout. Really not a good representation of what it is I think.

Screenshot_20190716-231514_Chrome.jpg

OP
OP
steffen707

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here is a screen shot I have from July 16th. Looks the same to me. It looks like a similar shade but just darker than the Jeep Wayout. Really not a good representation of what it is I think.

Screenshot_20190716-231514_Chrome.jpg
HA! You are correct then. I think every time I see it I just think, "man I really want a Wayout truck!" :giggle:
Sponsored