Sadly moved on

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Pretty much how their posts read to me. I do not truly begrudge them on their choice as it is a free country and all, but nothing stated by those who went with something else were stricken with nothing other than a lack of patience. I get it, I was on the razors edge myself and almost went with a new JL, but having waiting for this for basically the last 3 years with the JT being a heavy rumor to a now actual vehicle, I was not going to let impatience get the best of me while I waited for my order to be built and eventually delivered.
If you don't need a Gladiator there are plenty of alternatives that have 4 tires and a bed that are available now.

If you need a Gladiator or truly want the features that one entails, you simply have no other choice but to wait or buy one off the lot.

Neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my arm, I could not care less.

I had a guy on another forum who was absolutely convinced that there was no practical or perceptible difference between a Tacoma/Ranger/Canyon/Frontier and a Gladiator other than the gladiator was more money. I think at the end of the day, it was just too much money for him (and it is good that he recognizes that) but just talked himself in circles until he lost view of what a Gladiator is.

It is a unique vehicle without peers. There are other vehicles that do different things better, but none of them on the American market have the feature set or capabilities of a Gladiator.

Raptor pfffftttttt! People chip on FCA about reliability and cam phaser/ timing chain issues in 3.5 EB are painfully common. It is generally accepted that the turbo set will throw 7's at or about 100k miles (meaning before it's paid off for most people. Canyon? LOL, they named it appropriately, because you can't see shit out of it much like you are in a canyon all the time.

I'm not chipping at people for their choices, they are theirs not mine. But buying a Raptor or Canyon when you want a Gladiator is like going to the store for toilet paper and coming home with a roll of masking tape instead.
Sponsored

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
I can honestly say the Jeep Gladiator is the baddest ass truck ever for me and I have owned so many I’d bore you on my list. The Gladiator gets incredible attention and respect like no other truck I have ever owned and even I am amazed. And she is not a JL either she’s a TRUCK.

5JeepsAz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1964 Kaiser-Willys Jeep Gladiator (SJ) 2dr long bed pickup truck
Build Thread
Link
100% Jeep. 100% Truck. Wins Everytime.

Sure you can drive you a better truck; still not a jeep.

Sure you can drive some jeep; it still ain't a truck.

Certainly you can drive you a Jeep truck; no Compar-o.

OP
OP
Bt_okst

Bt_okst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Trd pro
Sorry guys. The raptor makes the gladiator pedestrian at best. Keep your delusional views alive though. But not sorry one bit I moved on.

Love the insults as they are both so mature and spot on, not, but I wont stoop and reciprocate. Again hope everyone loves their vehicle, I'm happy to be in mine.

Last edited:

IceAge

First Name
Garey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JL 2018
Sorry guys. The raptor makes the gladiator pedestrian at best. Keep your delusional views alive though. But not sorry one bit I moved on.

Love the insults as they are both so mature and spot on, but I wont stoop and reciprocate. Again hope everyone loves their vehicle, I'm happy to be in mine.
First and foremost congrats on one of the nicest trucks in the market and sorry if any here made you feel like we are not excited for you. I am and keep in mind your in the Gladiator forum so your gonna get a little not so much excited on your decision. Being s former Raptor owner I can say wow she’s an awesome truck and really can’t compare this to the Gladiator. Hope The best for you and I may pickup the GT 500 motor option so see you in the Raptor forum next year.

Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney

Love the insults as they are both so mature and spot on, not, but I wont stoop and reciprocate. Again hope everyone loves their vehicle, I'm happy to be in mine.
I don't care what truck you drive. I like competition and I hope Ford makes even more competitors for the Jeep so they continue to push to be better. So, congrats on the new ride.

That said, it's comical that you think the Raptor makes the Gladiator look pedestrian. I have an almost fully loaded Rubicon and there is nothing pedestrian about it. Drove by a Raptor this morning in slow traffic and could clearly tell the guy was jealous. The Sting-Gray is a great color. I'd be happy with a Raptor too, but calling the Gladiator pedestrian is just as immature as the other people tossing insults.

Limitless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dragonfly JTR 6spd
Congrats on your Raptor. I was hopeful for an early 2018 release.
I too was impatient and sprung for a Velociraptor (Trackhawk).
And as you said, when time is right you may find yourself in a Gladiator.
You don't have to defend your decisions to none.

Last edited:

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
You were buying it for a cat back exhaust, cold air intake, and stitched seat? You made the right choice by getting the Raptor.
Could not have worded it any better

Adios, Bro!

Airmousam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2
I’ve seen this on every car/truck forum I’ve ever been on...guy moves on to another vehicle, people throw mild insults at him, cause it’s a brand/model specific forum....OP gets his panties in a bunch then gradually moves to how his new car or truck is better every way, and ends up looking like an idiot in the process....never fails to entertain...

Sponsored

BullDogge

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT, JK, WK2 TH, other Non-Jeeps.
Raptors have their place. They are fun trucks for sure. Been out for awhile, if it's what I wanted I would have one. Jeep truck is a whole different animal. Many different reasons for owning one vs all the other trucks that have been made for years. It's a jeep thing...you wouldn't understand.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase

We've been through this in a number of threads. The Raptor and the Gladiator are 2 completely different vehicles. While both are pickup trucks, they couldn't be more different.

Enjoy your Raptor and the www.FordRaptorForum.com where everyone will gladly listen to you tell them why you decided to buy a Raptor instead of the JEEP Gladiator. ;) If you're a smart guy you'll not waste your time telling us JEEP Gladiator owners how "pedestrian" our vehicles are - on the Gladiator forum :no:

I've got both and I'm not confused about how different they are, why I have them and how I use them. :)

img_0190-jpeg.jpg

PyrPatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT Sport S Max Tow; Honda Element
LOVE THAT ANALOGY; can I jot it down and use it at my leisure or do you have a patent on it ? :LOL: :clap: :like:

The Raptor Buyers gonna have their hands full trying to navigate the same NARROW trails as some Gladiators will (mine in particular) ! Pin striping will be the 'norm" for the "Vulture" (a raptor) too bad they won't be able to "fly above" the fray to escape, like a drone ! :surprised: ;)
He technically has a copyright on it.

As for narrow trails, yesterday my JT made it up mountain trails a side-by-side struggled to get up. Since mostly a 2seater side-by-side had been going up and down the mountain, my Jeep got hit with plenty of branches. But it didnt pause for a second going up and down. Once I have the videos up I will post a thread summarizing my experience

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Oh, I thought this was a thread about rapture......... sorry....
Sponsored