Sponsored

Difference between Cloth and Leather seats?

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
Curious if there are any "comfort" differences between the factory cloth and leather seats?

I know the leather includes the rear fold down center armrest w/ cup holders.

But beyond that and material differences....was curious if the leather offered more "cushion", lumbar support, etc.

Thanks,
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Curious if there are any "comfort" differences between the factory cloth and leather seats?

I know the leather includes the rear fold down center armrest w/ cup holders.

But beyond that and material differences....was curious if the leather offered more "cushion", lumbar support, etc.

Thanks,
I've both, cloth in my JLR and leather in our JTR. The biggest difference is the cloth seats stay cool on warm days and the cloth seat heaters warm up quickly. The basic seat itself is identical. Both are comfortable on long treks for me.

The biggest difference between the two is the soft touch materials on the dash and door panels. With leather you get a leather dash and soft touch door inserts vs. hard plastic dash and hard plastic door inserts when ordering cloth.

OP
OP
rafaelsmith

rafaelsmith

First Name
Rafael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I've both, cloth in my JLR and leather in our JTR. The biggest difference is the cloth seats stay cool on warm days and the cloth seat heaters warm up quickly. The basic seat itself is identical. Both are comfortable on long treks for me.

The biggest difference between the two is the soft touch materials on the dash and door panels. With leather you get a leather dash and soft touch door inserts vs. hard plastic dash and hard plastic door inserts when ordering cloth.
Thank you, pretty much what I needed to hear.

Save me a few bucks on my order.
Sponsored