First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
Question for anyone who has gone from stock Rubicon Fox Shocks to the Mopar 2” lift Fox shocks:
Do the Fox Shocks which come with the Mopar lift have more damping, or does the compression and rebound feel the same? I want some shocks which offer more dampening, and also fit the 2” spacer lift I’m currently running, but don’t want to buy the Mopar 2” Fox Shocks if the dampening is the same. Thanks for any insight.
Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Was wondering this one as well Zac especially for the rubi shocks compared to my sport s shocks....hope some info comes along on this one.....btw way ordered my spacer lift yesterday!!

wch_Chip

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I had heard that they have the same characteristics as the standard Rubicon shocks. I understand they are longer and have a larger diameter but I remember reading that they are tuned the same as the regular Fox shocks already on Rubicon models.

Sponsored

billyjk7

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler JKU on 40s and Tons
I had heard that they have the same characteristics as the standard Rubicon shocks. I understand they are longer and have a larger diameter but I remember reading that they are tuned the same as the regular Fox shocks already on Rubicon models.
I spoke with the suspension guy from Jeep at Easter Jeep Safari this year......he stated that they are valved to identical values but are longer with a greater diameter on the suspension lift kit

OP
OP
Renegade

Renegade

First Name
Zac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT
Build Thread
Link
I never did get a first-hand response from anyone on this question, so I asked Fox directly about their 2.0 Performance shocks which are specified for a 2-3" lift. Here is the response from their truck shock sales department for anyone's future reference:
"They are starkly different in design, subtly different in nature...Without getting too far in depth, expect the ride to be comfortable, but more active and controlled feeling.
When you build something for the OE…. They get it their way… while there is some cool stuff in there, you aren’t thinking the way OEM manufacturers do. I think you will enjoy the regular aftermarket shocks."

I think this means that they will be better, but that is yet to be confirmed. If anyone has any personal experience, please chime in.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
I never did get a first-hand response from anyone on this question, so I asked Fox directly about their 2.0 Performance shocks which are specified for a 2-3" lift. Here is the response from their truck shock sales department for anyone's future reference:
"They are starkly different in design, subtly different in nature...Without getting too far in depth, expect the ride to be comfortable, but more active and controlled feeling.
When you build something for the OE…. They get it their way… while there is some cool stuff in there, you aren’t thinking the way OEM manufacturers do. I think you will enjoy the regular aftermarket shocks."

I think this means that they will be better, but that is yet to be confirmed. If anyone has any personal experience, please chime in.
i Know this is an old thread.. so if I am reading this correctly stock Rubicon and mopar lift shocks are very close if not identical in nature, With lift shocks being slightly longer though.. fox 2.0 probably firmer and more planted feel. I am swamping our stock Rubicon shocks for stock height 2.0 this week. Will post my findings.

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
My Rubicon fox shocks got swapped for 2" Mopar fox shocks with no other changes (was using shock extensions and removed those) ride is similar, but the 2" Mopar/fox shocks are firmer and less bouncy going over bumps. Exactly what I was after.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
My Rubicon fox shocks got swapped for 2" Mopar fox shocks with no other changes (was using shock extensions and removed those) ride is similar, but the 2" Mopar/fox shocks are firmer and less bouncy going over bumps. Exactly what I was after.
Just finished install with 1.5 inch leveling kit in the front and 3/4 inch Daystar spacer in the back. The stance is perfect now with 35 inch tires, exactly what I was looking for.

In terms of ride quality. The ride is very similar with Fox 2.0, only slightly firmer. But the bounciness in the rear is no longer present. The truck feels much more planted now.

Fox 2.0 are exactly same width, but about 1.5 inches longer in the front, and about 1 inch longer in the rear. Rears are long and I would not recommend installing rear fox 2.0 shocks without some sort of spacer. At full flex, the spring will have some play it and can shift. So don't install Fox 2.0 without the spacer.

Tip: Scissor jack was used to push the rear axle down to give myself some more wiggle room with springs. Doing it alone is a bit of a pain.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks 898F75EA-885F-41FB-AC92-EF06BC0FE564 2.JPG

Sponsored

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Just finished install with 1.5 inch leveling kit in the front and 3/4 inch Daystar spacer in the back. The stance is perfect now with 35 inch tires, exactly what I was looking for.

In terms of ride quality. The ride is very similar with Fox 2.0, only slightly firmer. But the bounciness in the rear is no longer present. The truck feels much more planted now.

Fox 2.0 are exactly same width, but about 1.5 inches longer in the front, and about 1 inch longer in the rear. Rears are long and I would not recommend installing rear fox 2.0 shocks without some sort of spacer. At full flex, the spring will have some play it and can shift. So don't install Fox 2.0 without the spacer.

Tip: Scissor jack was used to push the rear axle down to give myself some more wiggle room with springs. Doing it alone is a bit of a pain.

Jeep Gladiator Mopar 2” Fox Shocks vs. Rubicon Fox Shocks 898F75EA-885F-41FB-AC92-EF06BC0FE564 2.JPG
Looks good. I have the exact same setup

Chance_P

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
You are running mopar lift shocks with spacers? Any issues with shock travel?
Yeah Mopar lift shocks with 1.5/.75 spacers on 35s

So far I have only had them on road so I'm not sure. I am installing springs and control arms/trackbars once I get my steering box replaced and then I will test and bump stop accordingly.

Mac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Hydro Blue Max Tow

What spacers did you use and did you use longer sway bar links in front and back? Thanks.

rmerkushen

First Name
Roman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Solutions Architect
What spacers did you use and did you use longer sway bar links in front and back? Thanks.
TF 1.5 front and Daystar .75 rear. No sway bar link changes. I don't think you need them with these spacers. If you go to two inch, at that point I would get AEV spacer kit that comes with end links and shock extensions.
Sponsored