Diesel Gladiator release?

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 JKU / 2014 WK2 Diesel
Not bailing but going to slow my roll. Just picked up a GC Summit Ecodiesel for $20K over the weekend. Should tide me over for a bit. Engine pulls great - Until I spin the cam gears off I guess :LOL:. GDE hot tune coming soon should eliminate most potential issues.

20190907_113637.jpg

20190907_122130.jpg

20190907_184600.jpg

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
Just picked up a GC Summit Ecodiesel. GDE hot tune coming soon should eliminate most potential issues.
You will love the GDE tune. And yes, it will eliminate most of the problems that are common with the Ecodiesel.

Sponsored

Len

First Name
Len
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
We'll, February has come and gone and no diesel engine yet for the Gladiator. And now we have this Covid19 crisis going on, we will be lucky to see it in lots by Summer. This will most likely be a fall release date. Anybody out there with some reliable information? At this point I'm only guessing.

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
We'll, February has come and gone and no diesel engine yet for the Gladiator. And now we have this Covid19 crisis going on, we will be lucky to see it in lots by Summer. This will most likely be a fall release date. Anybody out there with some reliable information? At this point I'm only guessing.
FCA original said the Gladiator would be released around the April time frame. But as you mentioned, the Covid19 has shutdown all north American FCA plants for at least two weeks. I have a 2020 Ram EcoDiesel ordered. Originally, my dealer anticipated a May delivery date, but I'm now anticipating a June delivery date. Italy is also on lockdown, so I'm sure EcoDiesel engine production is either halted or has significantly slowed down. My guess is that we won't see the Gladiator EcoDiesel until June the earliest and October the latest, but I could be wrong.

The good news is that FCA is wanting to move inventory and they will use incentives, discounts, and rebates to make it happen. If the EcoDiesel is going to help boost Gladiator sales, then they will be eager to push it out. So, if you're really wanting the diesel, I would hold-off.

Reactions: Len

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Jeep said early 2018 calendar year for the JL.

Then it became fall 2018.

Then crickets.

Then summer 2019.

Now the 2020 order guide is posted and still no diesel.

Now they're saying early 2020 calendar year? Hilarious.

Y'all will be waiting a while. Might as well pull up a chair.
In 1962, The Jetsons predicted that in 40 years people would be flying around in hovercraft and life in space would be the norm. It never happened. :giggle:
You aren't surprised, are you? We've known all along that JT would be the last to get it, and it would take forever. That's one of the many reasons I went to the DT platform. You can get the engine in the DT today, with 38 lbs/ft more torque, and the exact same MPG rating due to identical curb weight between the JT/DT.

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All factories in Italy are shutdown. Who know how much inventory is available though, prob not enough for launch. Saw that Jeep is offering 0% int for 84 months on Tv, of course doesn't apply to JT or JL

Sponsored

RedTRex

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The only thing I ever heard was basically March 2020, we are there, however the nasty little bug has disrupted that plan as well as many others - Good thing I did pick up the EcoD WK2. I have a nice engine tune and just ordered the trans tune from SFT..... wanted GDE, but who knows what they are up to

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I did pick up the EcoD WK2.
Congratulations!

I have a nice engine tune and just ordered the trans tune from SFT..... wanted GDE, but who knows what they are up to
You can still get the GDE tune. It's been rebadged under a new name and is being sold out of Canada. Depending on what your goal is, I think you'll be happy with the SFT tune.

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
I now think it will be late next year at the Earliest if we ever see a diesel JT.
So I pulled the trigger on a diesel Wrangler yesterday. 'Bird in the hand.." and all.
We can enjoy it for 2-3 years & re-evaluate at that point.
No Regerts so far!

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I now think it will be late next year at the Earliest if we ever see a diesel JT.
So I pulled the trigger on a diesel Wrangler yesterday. 'Bird in the hand.." and all.
We can enjoy it for 2-3 years & re-evaluate at that point.
No Regerts so far!
Congratulations! We'll be ordering a diesel Wrangler, but not until next year. Keep me posted on what engine oil you use, how you like it, etc. Also, let me know if you do any towing. I'm jealous, Oilburner!

Oilburner

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1982 Scrambler, 1969 Wagoneer, 2022 JTR Ecodiesel
We got the Jeep high-5 or whatever it’s called = 2 free oil changes. maybe by the time we use those up, they will have approved Rotella again...
Sponsored