Best Deals at Dealerships here in Socal

lux

First Name
Lux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
I understand that going out of state is not for everyone. Time / hassle factor is money. But I saved 11%+ off MSRP which translates to thousands of dollars saved. Even factoring time off and a one way plane ticket, I feel it was worth the effort. Hopefully everyone can find the best deal to match their situation.
Sponsored

Last edited:
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler JK Big Bear
I understand that going out of state is not for everyone. Time / hassle factor is money. But I saved 11%+ off MSRP which translates to thousands of dollars saved. Even factoring time off and a one way plane ticket, I feel it was worth the effort. Hopefully everyone can find the best deal to match their situation.
I'm in San Diego and waiting on Gator. I'm not opposed to going out of state. Where did you end up going?

lux

First Name
Lux
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I used Kent at Peterson in Idaho. Drove back with my new Gladiator.

You can read this thread:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/forum/threads/up-to-7-off-in-idaho.14694/

Here is another thread on California deals:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...-to-california-at-5-to-7-under-invoice.21165/

Good luck!
I thought about it but going out of state i would have gone backwards, 10k more for my trade and over 7k below MSRP. Dealers out of state could not come close to this.

turd fergusen

First Name
Sandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 granite chrystal Gladiator rubicon 6spd
Jack Powel still has a white LE rubicon on the lot, they reduced it to 59000. ( no affiliation )

Sponsored

ndn384

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Launch Edition Billet Silver
Vehicle Showcase
I got a Launch Edition from Champion Jeep in Downey for about 4.5% below invoice. Used their financing and was asked to not refinance the loan for 3 months.

Superduty

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, TJ
Are there any gotcha or issues with buying out of state? What happens with sales tax / use tax?

Solarinsocal

First Name
Hisanori
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Toyota Hiace 4wd, 2007 Toyota Avalon, 2010 Ram Power Wagon, 2014 Mini Cooper S, 2016 Lexus GS350F
I also purchased from Kent in Idaho. You just have to pay for CA registration when you go to the DMV to pick up your paperwork. Pretty straight forward and a nice drive back. I would recommend it.

Last edited:

Sportsbiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Digital Experience Program Manager
Just ordered from Rob Trachtman at Courtesy CJDR in San Juan Capistrano at 5% below invoice. Many others on this forum have ordered from Rob as well. Super easy, no BS.
Do you have his email by chance?

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
We should have organized a SoCal group buy from Kent at Petersen in Boise. Then also did a group-buy on a tractor-trailer transport to bring them all from Boise to the L.A. area for a $500 each.

This way we could have also asked Petersen to develop a big banner to hang off the side of the transport that said "Hey L.A. area Jeep dealers...here's what we think of your $10K+ markups! With love from Idaho..." A few phone calls to some local TV stations and we just might be able to open some eyes here in L.A.

But I'm cool with making the trip to Boise as I get a much needed vacation out of it.
let us know ypur experience if you pull the trigger. Im in Riverside and i would love look forward too

Sponsored

2020 SCRAMBLER

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
let us know ypur experience if you pull the trigger. Im in Riverside and i would love look forward too
As several others here in SoCal have done, I bought from Kent at Peterson in Idaho back in late July 2019. Make a mini vacation of of the drive home by stopping in Lake Tahoe.

Best dealer experience ever - no pressure, no surprise fees, no gimics. He’s high volume sales at low margin so don’t expect a ton of communication other than the basics.

My moderately optioned JT Rubi pre-tax was just under $45 with swap outs to 35s and satin grille (they installed). Even with stupid high CA tax was still under $50 Out the door.

narcoteca

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTJS98 2021
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Narquitecto
As several others here in SoCal have done, I bought from Kent at Peterson in Idaho back in late July 2019. Make a mini vacation of of the drive home by stopping in Lake Tahoe.

Best dealer experience ever - no pressure, no surprise fees, no gimics. He’s high volume sales at low margin so don’t expect a ton of communication other than the basics.

My moderately optioned JT Rubi pre-tax was just under $45 with swap outs to 35s and satin grille (they installed). Even with stupid high CA tax was still under $50 Out the door.
did you place an order or just picked up a stock rubi they have?

PsyRN

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 StingGray JTR, 2016 Bonneville T120 Black
Just ordered from Rob Trachtman at Coastline Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in San Juan Capistrano at 5% below invoice. Many others on this forum have ordered from Rob as well. Super easy, no BS.
I can vouch for this. I haven’t received my glad yet, but it was a pretty straightforward process though. 6-7 hour drive to Socal from NorCal seemed easier then 12 hours to Boise. Plus not having to deal with CA registration is nice.

macro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Land Rover LR4
Hey everyone, first post here but I am starting to look seriously at grabbing a Gladiator Rubicon, and i came across ads talking about Huntington Beach Jeep and the Adventure Off Road builder that's part of the dealership. Anyone have any experience ordering a jeep from them and having Adventure off road build it and then roll all of that into a sales price with a complete breakdown?

I have been reading some troubling stuff on yelp and google about them advertising super low prices and then forcing things like 4k fees on top for unwanted stuff the make you buy, so i am not personally sold on it. sounds super shady, but im willing to hear them out if others here in soCal have found them to be a good dealership.

Any thoughts on them, or should i not even waste my time?

thanks in advance!
Sponsored