Heated seats with remote start?

christenkae21

First Name
Christen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Billet Silver Gladiator Sport S
So it's been getting a little chilly in northern Michigan so I have started using my remote start. I have the option in my settings selected to turn on heated seats and steering wheel with remote start but it doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue? The temperature outside is definitely below the set temp of my climate control when I try it.
Sponsored

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
So it's been getting a little chilly in northern Michigan so I have started using my remote start. I have the option in my settings selected to turn on heated seats and steering wheel with remote start but it doesn't work. Anyone else have this issue? The temperature outside is definitely below the set temp of my climate control when I try it.
in the owners manual

remote starter.JPG

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
in the owners manual

remote starter.JPG
Yep... below 40° Outside for them to work... I had same feature on my previous jk’s.

B345T

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 2018 Edge Titanium, 2013 Dodge Dart Rallye, 2014 Ford Focus SE Hatchback
Occupation
IT
Yep... below 40° Outside for them to work... I had same feature on my previous jk’s.
Mine had better work then!...My Yotas and Fords have always worked properly

Dave S

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport s
Occupation
Sales Manager
Make sure you have it set. Setting screen. Auto on features

Sponsored

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
In our Grand Cherokee it was a setting that had to be selected within the menus.

BruteForce

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Website
utahbruteforce.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator, 2009 Ram 3500 CTD, 2001 Toyota 4Runner
Occupation
SVP/CISO
It sure works on mine. Set Climate control to AUTO, hit remote start and at least on mine, steering wheel, seats and heater all kick on..

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
Can a programmer like the Tazer be used to change the 40F activation set point to a different temperature?
That would be a great question to ask directly to the mfg.

Sponsored

Sladecm

First Name
Slade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of the motorcycles...
It sure works on mine. Set Climate control to AUTO, hit remote start and at least on mine, steering wheel, seats and heater all kick on..
Can you clarify? That doesn't make sense to me. if its 70 outside and your climate control is set to 67 on auto, why would the seats and wheel come on?

TruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Taco
I'm guessing not, but has there been any updates to this? The jeep slept outside last night, and it was 43 this morning. The way I understand things from this thread is that in the touchscreen you can choose heated seats and wheel to turn on with remote or all starts, but these only kick in under 40 degrees outside. This really feels like a missed opportunity. The first night the jeep slept outside, it actually was below 40, and the feature was super nice. I live near the coast, and most nights are 42-45 in the winter, which would still be nice to have the feature kick on. Even an option to kick in at different temps, or to just kick in automatically (independent of temp) would be really sweet. Anyways, just curious if anybody has heard any good news or work arounds for the temp

SwampFox

First Name
Ches
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S (max tow pkg)
I'm guessing not, but has there been any updates to this? The jeep slept outside last night, and it was 43 this morning. The way I understand things from this thread is that in the touchscreen you can choose heated seats and wheel to turn on with remote or all starts, but these only kick in under 40 degrees outside. This really feels like a missed opportunity. The first night the jeep slept outside, it actually was below 40, and the feature was super nice. I live near the coast, and most nights are 42-45 in the winter, which would still be nice to have the feature kick on. Even an option to kick in at different temps, or to just kick in automatically (independent of temp) would be really sweet. Anyways, just curious if anybody has heard any good news or work arounds for the temp
I just experienced this the last few days (not using remote start). Was going to ask question about this feature on this forum but found these posts. Quite a pleasant surprise to go out in 35 degree temp, get in Gladiator, start it up and find almost instantaneous heated seat and steering wheel.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Make sure you have it set. Setting screen. Auto on features
This. In addition to the <40°F requirement, you also have to turn the feature on in the touch screen menu.

Can a programmer like the Tazer be used to change the 40F activation set point to a different temperature?
Not at this time. Could Joe make this a feature of the Tazer? Possibly. FCA doesn't allow it for liability I think. The heated steering wheel gets hot. If some moron activated that stuff while the interior was already hot on a very warm day, it could spell trouble. No need for it. I find 40 to be a great threshold.
Sponsored