Sponsored

Gladiator Pricing Calculator WorkSheet

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
So, to clarify... if I bought a $50k Gladiator and put down $25k I'd still be taxed on $50k?

Does your trade-in reduce the taxable amount?

Edit: In 42 out of 50 states, trade-in will reduce the taxable amount.
Just for asking that question the IRS will tax you an additional .5% and a fee of $100 for trying to think you might be able to pay less tax.
Sponsored

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
I want to thank you for putting this invoice pricing spreadsheet together! I was incredibly prepared to buy my Gladiator and could easily negotiate below invoice pricing with confidence at a dealership in FL. This enabled me to work the tires, lift, bumper and all installation into the deal easily.
Thanks again!
Chip
Loaded Rubicon with every option but painted top, advanced safety and enhanced cruise control package.
+2" Mopar lift on 35" Nitto Trail Grapplers
What did the 2" lift cost you and I haven't seen that option on any build? I'm assuming you just had the dealership order all that after the original order? Also, your thoughts on mileage change with the lift and larger tires?

ChipFernandez

First Name
Chip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon, 97 Harley-Davidson Fatboy, 2019 Coleman BT200X
What did the 2" lift cost you and I haven't seen that option on any build? I'm assuming you just had the dealership order all that after the original order? Also, your thoughts on mileage change with the lift and larger tires?
The 2" mopar lift retails for $1495 + installation, tires and wheels. Exactly...I negotiated to have all installed along with the steel winch bumper included in the terms of the sale before I took possession of the truck. My estimates are the lift, tires/wheels installed equal around $4500 - $5000. After the sale, I decided to add a WARN winch which costs around $1k for the model I chose with the mounting plate and installation.

I never drove it prior to having the larger tires and lift installed so I don't have anything to compare. I picked it up 3 days ago. I have about 230 miles and am getting roughly 13.7 city and 15 - 16 mpg highway buy I've been cruising pretty fast..

rolape2

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150 XLT FX4 (wifes); 2020 Jeep Gator Gladiator, Sport S, Max tow; 1988 Suzuki Samurai; 1994 BMW 325i Cabrio; 2004 Coachman Aurora Motorhome.
New price sheet came out yesterday. Still don't see trailer brake controller

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Is the OP spreadsheet still being updated?

Sponsored

OP
OP
RTDNECO

RTDNECO

First Name
Artie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
If there was a change I missed, let me know and I’ll update the sheets.

I didn’t lock any of the cells or formulas so that the file could be edited/customized by anyone who downloads it.

eternus

First Name
Jody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sting-Gray Sport S Max Tow
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Product Manager
There aren't really any changes that warrant much in the way of updates. The spreadsheets don't have any of the Mopar add-ons, and those are the only real changes happening. eg. adding a hood decal or side-steps.

Rollcast

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Does the forward facing trailcam still require LEDs and 8.4" screen? The spreadsheet says it does, but I can build a jeep on the jeep website without the forced add ons. It shows those options as required on the 8-14 build sheet, but, again, the website doesn't force those so I'm curious.

Thanks for the spreadsheet!

Last edited:

drBassman

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator; 2005 VW Passat TDI; Previous: 1978 CJ5; 1997 TJ Sport.
It looks like the 08/14/2019 revision of the" 2020 Jeep Gladiator (JT) Order Guide" changed the price on the "ALL-WEATHER SLUSH MATS" option CWA -- $FWP 147 ; $MSRP $165. This is only $15 retail -- if your build on jeep.com isn't agreeing with the spreadsheet, this is probably why...

Sponsored

MadMax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
The MSRP went up. Only 6 months after the Wrangler hit the lots, you could get deals of 5-6% below invoice. I was able to get 5% off mine from the lot. I didn't even have to order it. Dennis Dillon Jeep in Boise has an entire business model of selling 5%, or more, below invoice to anyone in the country. People order them with $1000 down, fly out there to pick it up, and drive them home. I almost did this myself until Faricy Boys in Colorado Springs made me a deal on a Wrangler they had in stock.

BTW, Jeep prices went up primarily because of the new tariffs driving up the price of steel and aluminum. Those tariffs should already be priced into the Gladiator. So we may not see any price increases.
Don't understand why they would give 5% below invoice when dealer holdback is only 3% of msrp. the dealership would be loosing money.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Don't understand why they would give 5% below invoice when dealer holdback is only 3% of msrp. the dealership would be loosing money.
Dealers have multiple ways to make money beyond margins and holdback. In Dennis Dillon's case, you HAVE to use FCA financing for at least 6months. They make their money on that. Dealers also get monthly bonuses for making specific sales numbers. They make money on add ons and dealer fees. They make money on aftermarket stuff too.

MadMax

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Dealers have multiple ways to make money beyond margins and holdback. In Dennis Dillon's case, you HAVE to use FCA financing for at least 6months. They make their money on that. Dealers also get monthly bonuses for making specific sales numbers. They make money on add ons and dealer fees. They make money on aftermarket stuff too.
They are not making money on dealer add ons if you are paying invoice or below invoice. Like mine had dealer added GPS locator and a couple other things that added to a 1400 add on the sticker price. But I paid invoice so they didnt get money for the add ons. I also did not use FCA financing.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
They are not making money on dealer add ons if you are paying invoice or below invoice. Like mine had dealer added GPS locator and a couple other things that added to a 1400 add on the sticker price. But I paid invoice so they didnt get money for the add ons. I also did not use FCA financing.
I guarantee you they didn't lose a dime on the below invoice price. You paid $1400 for your options. Those have very high margins. They made money there. They also retired quota from the factory which goes to end of the month bonuses. As I said, there are multiple ways for them to make money. I only listed a few.

Icebird1976

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 ZJ, 2020 Gladiator Rubicon
Is the order guide factory wholesale price the same thing as dealer invoice?
Sponsored