First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rme4x4.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon, 1948 Willys CJ2a
This was a few weeks ago, my first real offroad trip in the Gladiator. We normally run Imogene and Black Bear Pass together, making a loop but Black Bear STILL wasn't opened due to extensive trail damage from last Winter. We started in Ouray, drove up Imogene and over to Telluride. Had lunch at a great Italian place in town, then went back over the mountain by way of Ophir Pass.

I have to say, I'm super impressed with the way this thing rides. IMO the Fox 2.0 shocks that come on the Gladiator are valved too lightly, but the coil springs, control arm lengths, push-button disconnect sway bar and even the 33" tires all make for one decent riding 4x4. We did scrape the trailer hitch a couple times, the undercarrige once or twice, but that was it. The San Juan mountain trails are rougher than I've seen them, LOTS of runoff moving material down the mountain and washing the roads out. There were still big snow drifts on Imogene and Ophir has massive swaths of trees that were knocked down due to avalanches.... it was impressive how many slide paths there are up there!

i-pL9wSh5-L.jpg

i-Sx3mhCr-L.jpg

i-tvpdhHS-L.jpg

i-B52zp7J-L.jpg

Someone in a rental Jeep rolled back over the shoulder of the road and a few experienced Jeepers hooked up a winch pulling sideways and a strap tugging forward to keep the rental from tumbling down the hill.

i-Q4vdscK-L.jpg

i-t2H2Rxn-L.jpg

i-FQd6QL6-L.jpg

Even managed to get it on 3 wheels!

i-bcVzHrb-L.jpg

i-qxS3sjv-L.jpg

i-9T5fcjX-L.jpg

i-jwqNgbT-L.jpg

Lunch!

i-6cVJvGv-L.jpg

Ophir Pass-

i-xBx8H3x-L.jpg

i-LsHkjfR-XL.jpg
Sponsored

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
This was a few weeks ago, my first real offroad trip in the Gladiator. We normally run Imogene and Black Bear Pass together, making a loop but Black Bear STILL wasn't opened due to extensive trail damage from last Winter. We started in Ouray, drove up Imogene and over to Telluride. Had lunch at a great Italian place in town, then went back over the mountain by way of Ophir Pass.

I have to say, I'm super impressed with the way this thing rides. IMO the Fox 2.0 shocks that come on the Gladiator are valved too lightly, but the coil springs, control arm lengths, push-button disconnect sway bar and even the 33" tires all make for one decent riding 4x4. We did scrape the trailer hitch a couple times, the undercarrige once or twice, but that was it. The San Juan mountain trails are rougher than I've seen them, LOTS of runoff moving material down the mountain and washing the roads out. There were still big snow drifts on Imogene and Ophir has massive swaths of trees that were knocked down due to avalanches.... it was impressive how many slide paths there are up there!
Did you check in on the Badge of Honor App? Get credit for what ya did!
IMG_1692.jpeg

Sponsored

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Those badges are cool! I didn't know about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.