Sponsored

Sirius/XM Radio sometimes "slow" to start.

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Thunderbird
Only had my JT for a few days, but noticed on a couple of occasions it will take a minute or two to "start up". I get the "No Radio" message (circle with line through it) in my instrument panel screen and the infotainment screen shows a series of dots. Then, whatever the last station I had it on starts up and it's good to go. I've had Sirius/XM on several of my previous vehicles, but haven't had it behave this way.

Thanks!
Sponsored

TxGladiator

First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Only had my JT for a few days, but noticed on a couple of occasions it will take a minute or two to "start up". I get the "No Radio" message (circle with line through it) in my instrument panel screen and the infotainment screen shows a series of dots. Then, whatever the last station I had it on starts up and it's good to go. I've had Sirius/XM on several of my previous vehicles, but haven't had it behave this way.

Thanks!
Same issue here.It seems to happen more frequently on the first ignition start of the day for me.

OP
OP
tweak89

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Interesting. I wonder if it has to do with the placement of the antennae. Most cars have them on the roof somewhere (on top), while ours are on the center roll bar, but under the roof (be it hard or soft top).

Steve97ag

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave, 2022 Jeep Wagoneer
Mine does the same thing! I thought at first it was the radio antenna that i changed out, but satellite is a different antenna. Also, happens more at the 1st start of the day for me too. 7" radio here. I do have a sunshade, but don't think that'd affect it unless i have a bungee in the way!

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
Mine does this too. Randomly. Very annoying.

Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Interesting. I wonder if it has to do with the placement of the antennae. Most cars have them on the roof somewhere (on top), while ours are on the center roll bar, but under the roof (be it hard or soft top).
Really? They don't just use the antenna on the side of the windshield?

OP
OP
tweak89

tweak89

First Name
Leroy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Really? They don't just use the antenna on the side of the windshield?
Satellite "antennae" is kind of misleading, it's usually a small pod (if you buy it separately as an aftermarket add on) or integrated into the rooftop antennae of some cars (it's a separate part located with the housing).

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
Satellite "antennae" is kind of misleading, it's usually a small pod (if you buy it separately as an aftermarket add on) or integrated into the rooftop antennae of some cars (it's a separate part located with the housing).
Yeah, I remember when I worked at best buy we had the little pods. I didn't realize that the Jeep had something similar. I just assumed (I guess incorrectly) that they were also using the antenna the radio uses.

WXman

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Overland EcoDiesel
Occupation
Meteorology and Transportation
And the placement under the roof is problematic sometimes because if I throw the Sunrider back I notice that I get worse reception. It'll go in and out and freeze up at times. But, I guess they had limited options.

primethios

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Compared to my JK the satellite reception is horrid, I can't even use it in my driveway with the JT even though the JK had no issues in the driveway. Sometimes I drive a couple blocks before it can lock a signal.

Sponsored

tstugel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I rent a lot of cars for work travel and can tell you they all do this, every manufacturer I have rented does the same thing.

It's a satellite issue as much as the antenna.

nyyankees

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon, 2004 TJ 4.0
Same here. Didn’t have that issue with my JKU at all. Cuts out all the time.
Compared to my JK the satellite reception is horrid, I can't even use it in my driveway with the JT even though the JK had no issues in the driveway. Sometimes I drive a couple blocks before it can lock a signal.

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
And the placement under the roof is problematic sometimes because if I throw the Sunrider back I notice that I get worse reception. It'll go in and out and freeze up at times. But, I guess they had limited options.
I have this SAME exact issue with my top on my JK. The JT isn't as bad.

Rbench42

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Granite Crystal
Same issue here. It happens almost almost every other time I get in and start it up. I also noticed I get worse reception than other vehicles with Sirius XM because of the antenna placement.

SgtMajTomahawk

First Name
Lawren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Every morning I get "Acquiring Signal" the entire way to work, which for me is about a 10 minute drive. My JT is only a week old. Never had an issue with my JK. It would work in places my Wife's vehicle wouldn't. I have a hard top and I know the SiriusXM antenna is located on top of the sound bar.
When I leave work everything works fine. So I don't know if it's a SAT issue or Antenna issue, but it's annoying for something like this that's been around for decades now to have issues like this.

I did read in an old post on one of the JK forums someone was having this issue and had to call Sirius and get them to send a refresh signal and it fixed their issue. I've tried to refresh the signal through their web site, but that didn't work for me. Back to the Dealer I guess.
Sponsored