JP's Super-Duper-Gladiator Build Thread

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I've been doing research on the Tazer and some sort of pedal modification. The JT is so much worse than my JK. It really reminds me of my 3500 but not as bad in the dead pedal concept.

However.. I'm reading the manual on the Pulsar. This is a pretty hefty install / removal not something quick when you have to go back to the dealer. And in the manual they actually say.

"
Question: Should I remove the Pulsar prior to going to the dealer?
Answer: Yes, please remove the Pulsar as to climinate it from the system so they can perform any updates or services.
"
Sponsored

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
However.. I'm reading the manual on the Pulsar. This is a pretty hefty install / removal not something quick when you have to go back to the dealer. And in the manual they actually say.
I think the heavy lift is the initial mount, after shouldn't be bad, we'll see.

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I think the heavy lift is the initial mount, after shouldn't be bad, we'll see.
POST your thoughts on install, por favor Senior Juan.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Not Mac compatible??

Sponsored

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
@JP1 did you cover your grill with some kind of a Black cover?
Nope
I picked up a take off and had it sprayed with bedliner.
Read my story from last Friday in this thread.:LOL:

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Not Mac compatible??
Ya that one was a disappointment as well. But even worse you have to have a ODBII to USB cable. I'm betting that didn't come in the box.

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
New Dashcam wired in and mounted:
UlhwPF_s-mvv-ElbHp4XVcp2dLC6coIK0cS9T1ISn6sYHhfQkhRItaiF0Wc43FDyb6oh1Zsc6o9L_pNKBo=w1178-h883-no.jpg

qCmzSMOgnGTc16dUL982lGfQj68SvxlOlcIBrQzw1ALInqbU2k8v7IllTiMvauqrO894EtuPNXBCuqqlJo=w1178-h883-no.jpg

OP
OP
JP1

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
K, Gotta go get beer before this damn thing that's going to turn into Tropical Storm Humberto makes his presence known.
upload_2019-9-13_12-1-40.png

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
I just installed the Pulsar by Edge products and I really like it. It is a tuner, but plugs into the ECM, not the OBDII port like other tuners I've used in the past. That made me nervous and it will be a pain to remove for when the Jeep needs to go to the dealership. It can be updated via the OBDII but you need an OBDII to USB cable to do it.

It has a stock, economy, tow and performance tune. Adjusts tire size, gear ratios, TPMS settings and allows memory hold for ESS.

I was getting about "16 mpg" after putting my 35's on my Rubicon manual transmission. After I installed the Pulsar I am getting 21+ mpg on the economy tune with slightly better throttle response. I have a Gibson exhaust coming this week and hope to see some slight improvements after that as well.

Install wasn't a breeze, but wasn't rocket science either. Just make sure you have extensions for your socket/ratchet set. My holes on the new bracket didn't line up exactly, but they were very close and some gentle persuasion was all it needed. I have over 1,000 miles with it and no issues.

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard
Not Mac compatible??
It is now, I just installed mine and was able to download the updater on my Mac...just need the OBDII to USB cable

Mowat

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
I just installed the Pulsar by Edge products and I really like it. It is a tuner, but plugs into the ECM, not the OBDII port like other tuners I've used in the past. That made me nervous and it will be a pain to remove for when the Jeep needs to go to the dealership. It can be updated via the OBDII but you need an OBDII to USB cable to do it.

It has a stock, economy, tow and performance tune. Adjusts tire size, gear ratios, TPMS settings and allows memory hold for ESS.

I was getting about "16 mpg" after putting my 35's on my Rubicon manual transmission. After I installed the Pulsar I am getting 21+ mpg on the economy tune with slightly better throttle response. I have a Gibson exhaust coming this week and hope to see some slight improvements after that as well.

Install wasn't a breeze, but wasn't rocket science either. Just make sure you have extensions for your socket/ratchet set. My holes on the new bracket didn't line up exactly, but they were very close and some gentle persuasion was all it needed. I have over 1,000 miles with it and no issues.
This is SUPER to hear. Edge has always had good products. How do you like using it via the steering wheel controls and EVIC. Too bad it doesn't just have a phone app.

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
New Dashcam wired in and mounted:
UlhwPF_s-mvv-ElbHp4XVcp2dLC6coIK0cS9T1ISn6sYHhfQkhRItaiF0Wc43FDyb6oh1Zsc6o9L_pNKBo=w1178-h883-no.jpg

qCmzSMOgnGTc16dUL982lGfQj68SvxlOlcIBrQzw1ALInqbU2k8v7IllTiMvauqrO894EtuPNXBCuqqlJo=w1178-h883-no.jpg
Would like to know, is that the same dash cam you had wired up before or a brand new one? Also, how did you run the wires? Did you use the same kit from Amazon to wire it up? Sorry for all the questions.

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
It is now, I just installed mine and was able to download the updater on my Mac...just need the OBDII to USB cable
Thanks!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
K, Gotta go get beer before this damn thing that's going to turn into Tropical Storm Humberto makes his presence known.
Shit, had I known this was going to happen I wouldn't have booked my trip to Alabama.
trump map.png
Sponsored