Sponsored

EPA TARGETS PRODUCTS THAT SUPPORT OFF-HIGHWAY, COMPETITION RACERS!

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
EPA ENFORCEMENT TARGETS PRODUCTS THAT SUPPORT OFF-HIGHWAY, COMPETITION RACERS!

”EPA has taken the public position that a vehicle designed and sold for on-highway use, such as a common rail diesel pick-up truck, can never be converted to an off-highway, race vehicle if that conversion impacts emissions controls or emissions. EPA is currently enforcing this position through the EPA’s 2020-2023 National Compliance Initiative (NCI), as well as other methods.

PPEI believes there exists (and has always existed) an exception under the Clean Air Act for modifying emissions and emission controls for motor vehicles that have been permanently converted to off-highway race vehicles. In response to EPA’s public position and its NCI enforcement, effective 9/16/2019 at 2pm, PPEI will halt sales of race products. PPEI will continue to sell its products designed for on-highway use and is making great strides in expanding the line of on-highway products that deliver the performance that our customers desire.”

Source: https://www.ppei.com/
Sponsored

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
I have been patiently waiting for the diesel to come out and would have bought one if available on my JL at the time. One of the reasons I was considering the diesel was because of one day removing all the expensive crap that makes modern diesels unreliable and laggy...

If it becomes impossible to delete then I may have to forgo the diesel altogether, which sucks because I really don't care for the pentastar in my JL...

Cheers

OP
OP
biodiesel

biodiesel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ram 1500 Ecodiesel
I have been patiently waiting for the diesel to come out and would have bought one if available on my JL at the time. One of the reasons I was considering the diesel was because of one day removing all the expensive crap that makes modern diesels unreliable and laggy...

If it becomes impossible to delete then I may have to forgo the diesel altogether, which sucks because I really don't care for the pentastar in my JL...
My hope is that the new emissions on the 3.0L is much better. It looks like FCA redesigned the emissions by moving the EGR to post DPF. This will be a MAJOR improvement. The emissions is the biggest thing that hurts the current Ecodiesel. This new EGR redesign should fix that problem.

"The exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) system design has been updated to a dual loop (low and high pressure) system. The added low-pressure circulation system draws gases after the diesel particulate filter, thus minimizing turbocharger energy losses, which increases fuel economy."

mrmo

First Name
Mrmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Gladiator
Occupation
nuke
High time the vehicle owners in the country tell the epa weasels to back off

Last edited:

TheSolarWizard

First Name
Memphis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
3.0 JT
Occupation
Solar & EV infrastructure
High time the vehicle owners in the country tell the epa weasels to back off

I should have some concrete info on completely reversible muffler bearing mods pretty soon. If you’re interested, DM me and I’ll reply directly when I know the details. I’m not in any way affiliated with the companies