Off Road Lights

TheRealGinjaNinja

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
KC Hilites. Nothing is more classic than that KC Daylighter smile. KC had the 645 on sale in July for $295. Bought one set and was going to get another at that price but it's not on sale anymore. I know the troopers here have LightForce so they must be decent and work well enough. I have had Hella they're good. But I just love the KC look.
Totally agree...I know many may disagree but round lights are classic and fit the Jeep better than square ones imo. I have KC Daylighters on my JL and I get comments all the time and they work well.

Cheers
Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
add one more to the check ground(s).
IF NOT, (and I'm glad this is coming up as I was going to wire my bumper lights in the same way today).
As you have the LED group already, could it be sensitive enough that it doesn't like the added draw?
IF so, get your power for them from another source, and power thru a relay. Use the tap from your stock fogs as the 'switch' power. that should work.

IF you want to make it easy-peasy, order a wiring kit like:
https://www.amazon.com/Nilight-Wiring-Harness-Switch-Warranty/dp/B071ZPX32N/ref=sr_1_6?crid=1DPZWJY4AM1YF&keywords=led+wiring+harness+for+4+lights&qid=1564835951&s=gateway&sprefix=led+wiring,aps,147&sr=8-6
pull off the switch, wire the POS (positive, not :swear:) for the switch to the fog, should be good to go!
:like:
Just as a follow up.
I finally wired my 4 bumper lights in today, using 2 of these harnesses.
upload_2019-8-9_20-14-52.png

I wired them in using the OEM fogs as the switchs
why 2?
well, for my lightshow.
(number the 4 bumper lights 1-4 in a row)
Driver side controls 2/4 passenger side controls 1/3:
upload_2019-8-9_20-19-53.png

upload_2019-8-9_20-31-3.png

Jeepers!

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A Chevy and a Caddy
KC Hilites. Nothing is more classic than that KC Daylighter smile. KC had the 645 on sale in July for $295. Bought one set and was going to get another at that price but it's not on sale anymore. I know the troopers here have LightForce so they must be decent and work well enough. I have had Hella they're good. But I just love the KC look.
Totally agree...I know many may disagree but round lights are classic and fit the Jeep better than square ones imo. I have KC Daylighters on my JL and I get comments all the time and they work well.

Cheers
I love Daylighters! They remind me of my childhood.

AKDrifter

First Name
Judah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
I love Daylighters! They remind me of my childhood.
Hell yeah. A Ford Highboy or a K5 with a bunch of Daylighters was the shit. I just can't think of anything more iconic especially for the company. I'll get their new LED version on the Gladiator as soon as the truck is home. I'm just not sure if I'm going with A-Pillar mounted or bumper.

Gladiator4Runner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Toyota pickup, 2015 4Runner TRD Pro, 1993 Harley Davidson FXSTS,
Rigid's have been great on my Runner.... I did have one of my D2's go out and it was a loose ground. All good since then.

Sponsored

BLOCKii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
For bumper mounted LED lights should I go with spot or flood or possibly both and why? I’ll be installing LED headlights down the road.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
For bumper mounted LED lights should I go with spot or flood or possibly both and why? I’ll be installing LED headlights down the road.
I’m planning on running lights from Lightforce with interchangeable combo filters. Had them in past Jeep builds and they performed far better than the KCs I tried.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
It depends totally on how you intend to use them. I prefer to go with lights that have both spot and flood or driving components. For slow trail running, floods or a driving pattern are more useful. For racing along trails or avoiding deer on rural roads, spots can be handy. I've run many Rigid combo light bars on previous Jeeps but thought I'd try something new with the Gladiator. I mounted a pair of Baja Designs Driving/Combo LP6 Pros on the bumper and am extremely pleased with the light pattern. They contain 42-degree driving LEDs as well as 6-degree spot LEDs. And they have additional side-projected LEDs that provide a 200-degree (!) light spread.

Some prefer round lights, some prefer square lights. The LP6 lights should please both camps. They are circular with straight sides...or perhaps they are square with a rounded top/bottom. And they don't block the trail cam view.

But...they ain't cheap. I got the pair with the wiring harness for $940. Since the Jeep has the auxiliary switches, wiring was a breeze and I ended up discarding much of the harness.

lights.jpg

front cam.jpg

Last edited:

txjeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Rigid is great. BD are best. I’ve used both on JKs and my JT will get BDs.

Sponsored

txjeepers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
It depends totally on how you intend to use them. I prefer to go with lights that have both spot and flood or driving components. For slow trail running, floods or a driving pattern are more useful. For racing along trails or avoiding deer on rural roads, spots can be handy. I've run many Rigid combo light bars on previous Jeeps but thought I'd try something new with the Gladiator. I mounted a pair of Baja Designs Driving/Combo LP6 Pros on the bumper and am extremely pleased with the light pattern. They contain 42-degree driving LEDs as well as 6-degree spot LEDs. And they have additional side-projected LEDs that provide a 200-degree (!) light spread.

Some prefer round lights, some prefer square lights. The LP6 lights should please both camps. They are circular with straight sides...or perhaps they are square with a rounded top/bottom. And they don't block the trail cam view.

But...they ain't cheap. I got the pair with the wiring harness for $940. Since the Jeep has the auxiliary switches, wiring was a breeze and I ended up discarding much of the harness.

lights.jpg

front cam.jpg
Those are awesome. How do you think they’ll hold up if you take the JP through one of those full service car washes?

Moabite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Those are awesome. How do you think they’ll hold up if you take the JP through one of those full service car washes?
Structurally or watertightness? Structurally, they are bombproof. These are heavy duty lights weighing over 4 pounds each. According to BD, the LP6 Pro lights are "waterproof up to 9 feet and pressure washable."

ACAD_Cowboy

First Name
Francis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 jkur
I believe both offer gasketed lenses and one way venting. Assuming you’ve mounted them correctly there should t be too much in the way of problems. I’d inquire ahead of time if they’ll let you go for a wash, my local automated washes don’t let lights, roof racks, winches etc through because it can damage the works. The u-squirt-it’s however are just fine in terms of not flooding out good lamps.

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
Totally forgot this thread. sorry...
Zombie season update:
Added a little more to the equation.
c-tNJ1_RTTDkZgbo45G47kA83GpbGbRw42hD1qmbcFeXjBgw6n_F_H6fXOfK_BGJtJLq_uk7a9S-pbunsw=w1178-h883-no.jpg

CAEpkGLarmdJpbWBGTM40gjkonklXB3OYILR1QwSdk_MiZiWDbTWOf0yPXN-35WH-Pz08USZA-LHTW9bW4=w1178-h883-no.jpg

xuTY2GAiJkeE6CkqYnElv_SwA2yiOgu-q07oDpiqYK_i6dTlC1-rv-oj2P2nlcPgrJIOuEiEoTTDXfvM8o=w1178-h883-no.jpg

xQT96gtVaMLMy_zqMTuTsKln3IU43xAnQFsvQfSoA4BAthtmziNgON5oq_kbI35fwFZVtubOw1CfzB_3YI=w1178-h883-no.jpg

21ip57CgGhBxnvFxCuZpr_wBcQc80FDI43reCU8-G4UxVyLRbfXO1f4v_2USfxGIMiepKOBB-OLo8i3Gzw=w1178-h883-no.jpg

NS8CvlxZAZiY5jz_oLWC6kGpiDpw4hr5t2QNp1DKDxObUdq9IaiPY_pY4wZDkf-ck1-QOaOowNKGrptHmM=w1178-h883-no.jpg
Sponsored