Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator

beelzebot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2009 Mini Cooper S Convertible
Along the magnetic vein, Pitaka makes awesome cases with a circle of metal plates embedded so wireless charging still works perfectly and you can just hold your phone up to a mount and drive away. They sell mounts with Qi coils built in so it’s a clean and complete setup. It’s not as useful to me now that I’m plugging in anyway for CarPlay but I will say the magnets are great. It never dropped my phone and I wheeled plenty with it.

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Along the magnetic vein, Pitaka makes awesome cases with a circle of metal plates embedded so wireless charging still works perfectly and you can just hold your phone up to a mount and drive away. They sell mounts with Qi coils built in so it’s a clean and complete setup. It’s not as useful to me now that I’m plugging in anyway for CarPlay but I will say the magnets are great. It never dropped my phone and I wheeled plenty with it.
I had a similar setup in my other car from XVIDA. It works great with any phone, because you can throw the plastic plate with magnets in the back of a regular phone case. I like that your Pitaka solution has a ball mount though. There are probably better ways to mount it in the Jeep.
https://www.xvida.com/collections/p2-qi-charging-docks

Gene26

First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jeepgladiatorforum.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep gladiator Launch Edition 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2017 Ram Rebel
Vehicle Showcase

WhiteJT8541

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport
Occupation
LEO
To add to this, i'd also like to say if using the center cubby, use a good (possibly apple branded) sync cord. With 2 non apple sync cords in the cubby I would get occasional but far too frequent CarPlay crashes. With the apple branded, not one incident. Oddly didn't experience the same issue when using the dash inputs. my .02¢
Try using an Anker cable as well. I use one and have had zero problems in my JT and had zero problems in my WK2

Sponsored

Glad2seaya

First Name
EJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Overland
I’ve used the Scosche suction and magnet combo, works great! My phone sits in the perfect viewing position and doesn’t get in the way of anyone, not even the passenger.
I’ll have to take a pic with another phone to show mine in place, but here is the idea...

143638DE-C921-410D-AB7F-761B17E9BC19.jpeg

Sorbs

First Name
Brian & Sunny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram TRX, 2020 Gladiator LE
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys what have yall found for the Gladiator as far as mobile mounting solutions? I had the JKE Dock from Vector in the JK so will probably be going with that setup but I do also like the new slimmer design. The little mounts 67 has done for inside that useless cubby on the dash are interesting as well, found here. Also noticed 67 is now doing a full bar through that cubby may go that route or a combination of sorts to get the most freedom outa the dash. Anyone offering ball replacments for the screws in the grab handle like they did on the JK? Was always a great little spot for the CB mount...
Magnets are fun.jpeg

BradWatson8541

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Chevy Silverado to be traded for a JT
@SP25 I like your set up just ordered the same thank you for sharing.

Sponsored

DirtyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S

JOKER8R

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR / GCM - 2016 KIA Optima
Here’s my comparison of 3 phone mounts in my JL, these will all work in the JT. I use a combo of the ProClip and the 67D. Both are excellent choices depending on what best suits your needs:
Great video, this helped me so much as I’ve never owned a phone mount and will be using one in the Gladiator. Do you know what companies, if any, also offer mounts for iPads. This will be a work truck for me and would be a benefit if I could mount the iPad as well.

Edit: reached out to 67 Designs after posting this and received a quick email response showing all the pieces needed.

Last edited:

shockerracing

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 @MojitoJeep JL & 2020 @NeonGladiatorJT
Great video, this helped me so much as I’ve never owned a phone mount and will be using one in the Gladiator. Do you know what companies, if any, also offer mounts for iPads. This will be a work truck for me and would be a benefit if I could mount the iPad as well.

Edit: reached out to 67 Designs after posting this and received a quick email response showing all the pieces needed.
Glad I could help! I know ProClip also has a. iPad mount solution.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
After some miles, I've found that since I plug the phone into the uconnect I don't look at it's screen I'm doing everything, especially the nav., and phone calls through the uconnect and find the center console the perfect place to throw it. Had the phone overheat sitting in the sun on the dash causing the phone to act up.

htremper

First Name
Henry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator (with toddler booster seat!)
Occupation
Rockstar
I just got the 67 one (posted first here) its super easy super solid and looks great. It is not in the way of the air or screen. I even got a super long USB/Apple cable and tucked it below the console so I am not always using the front one.

However...with the CarPlay...its almost not needed. AND did anyone notice the section between the two cups in the front cup holder is a slot for a phone? Perhaps that was just me LOL
Sponsored