Sponsored

JT Gladiator Upper Decker Hinged Cargo Basket Now Available!

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Great job guys! Do you have any plans to add mounting holes to the RTT mounts for additional storage options? What about a higher rack for those that want their tent up higher?

Speaking of the RTT, do you know how high the bottom of the tent is with your current mounts (what size lift and tires since that will effect your numbers)?

2004blackwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 wrx, 2005 xterra, 2014 durango, formerly 1998 wrangler
Looks great excited about the waterproof option. How easily can the product be removed if I need my bed back for a large load. Also is there installation directions available so I can see how difficult or easy it will be.

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Well done ACE Engineering! You guys came, you prototyped and, most importantly, you listened. And the market now has access to a terrific new product!

Keep up the good work and continue improving what you have as you develop new products too

Etoimos

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Website
adventuresofetoimos.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR , 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great excited about the waterproof option. How easily can the product be removed if I need my bed back for a large load. Also is there installation directions available so I can see how difficult or easy it will be.
Their site shows the hing on the front (or back depending on how you look at it) of the bed. It looks like it would be a single nut on each hing to free the front. There are no pics that show how the gas struts attach to the bed, but if you could leave the struts in the bed, there would be on nut per side as well. So it looks like it could be removed with just four nuts if you can leave the struts and hings in.

Sponsored

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon MT, 2013 Ford Focus ST
Occupation
United States Coast Guard

You asked, we listened!

The ACE JT Gladiator Upper Decker is now WATERPROOF!

We've removed the holes from the bottom and sides of the basket and added seals around the entire perimeter to make this an extremely watertight cover. There are still factory holes in the front of the bed and the vertical factory tailgate gaps that could let in a bit of water - but we've tested this already in some pretty heavy downpours in Michigan without issue. There are cutouts in the corners of the basket to allow water to drain from the basket, but do not flow into the bed of the Gladiator.

It even stood up very well in a high-pressure car wash through multiple runs shown in the video above.

All of the other great features remain!

• Heavy-duty hinges for easy bed access
  • Interior latches in rear to keep cargo safe and secure (can only be accessed when tailgate is open)
  • Includes a pair of 75 lb. gas shocks
  • Holds over 1,200 lbs. static weight
  • Comes e-coated and black texture powdercoated
  • Optional Rooftop Tent mounts
  • Optional RotopaX/accessory mounts available
  • Provisions around perimeter for a variety of aftermarket mounts such as bikes/kayaks/etc.
  • Made from 1/8" steel
  • Lifetime Structural Warranty
  • Made in the USA
We are still offering $250 off (basically free shipping) this week with code: LAUNCH

Order Now!
Just placed my order and added a couple of stickers and t-shirt to boot. Honestly with the LAUNCH discount, this became very reasonable compared to just simple soft tonneau covers with a ton more versatility...I was looking at bed racks to use my RTT with opposed to having to tow my soon to be overland trailer (still building) all the time. The price point on this is almost perfect. Look forward to hi-lift mount and a shovel mount. Like a few others mentioned, higher crossbars could be usable for canoes/kayaks, but I like the lower mounts for the tent to cut down on wind resistance...I will be interested to see if the rear lip causes any noise and resistance. I am assuming the design was meant to keep cargo from sliding off, but any thoughts of removing the rear lip on future models?...guess it really doesn't matter haha since I just ordered. Hope to be able to give you a good product review in the near future and hope to be sporting it in time for Quadratec's tent sale in October.

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
In the future we may make a half rack for those who don't want a full bed basket, but this version will not be modular. We want to keep it as strong and large as possible to hold a spare tire or other large items without interference.

Thank you,
I like the spare tire idea...add that to the list of available mounts!

cgflyer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
What is this?
I guess it is an annual Jeep/4x4 event they hold in October outside of Philly...they have a large scratch and dent sale and have a ton of venders and manufacturers that come out showcase products.

Sponsored

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
I guess it is an annual Jeep/4x4 event they hold in October outside of Philly...they have a large scratch and dent sale and have a ton of venders and manufacturers that come out showcase products.
pretty sweet!

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
It's just 8 bolts. 4 for the hinges and 4 for the shocks. Pretty simple.

Thank you,

J&L in Maui

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep YJ
Ok so now it is water proof to bed. Like that. How does it mount at hinge and shock? When closed and tailgate closed is it secure cargo?

How difficult to install? Special tools?
How long to manufacture and deliver?

Thanks!

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Ok so now it is water proof to bed. Like that. How does it mount at hinge and shock? When closed and tailgate closed is it secure cargo?

Thanks!
Most of your questions are answered in their video posted above.

OP
OP
ACE Engineering

ACE Engineering

Rock Sponsor (Level 1)
First Name
ACE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, 2017 Jeep Wrangler JKU, 2009 Jeep Wrangler JK-8
Most of your questions are answered in their video posted above.

Thanks!
1. Yes it is now waterproof
2. The hing is mounted in the front of the bed
3. The shocks are mounted in the rear of the bed to the sides of the tailgate
4. Install is pretty simple, we'll have an install video shot pretty soon once we have one ready to go for our other Gladiator
5. Current lead time is about 3-4 weeks.
6. The video above will give you a good look at it.

Thank you,
Sponsored