Sponsored

Alu-Cab is building a Canopy for the Gladiator!

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR, F-350 diesel, Porsche Spyder, Model Y
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
Here is the response when I sent an email to Alu-Cab about if they were going to build a canopy for the Gladiator..

Dear Eddie

Thank you for your email.

We do have plans, they will be available in 2020. Our team is working on designs at present.

Many thanks

Kind Regards,
Kate Mainstone
Marketing Manager
[email protected]
Tel: +27 21 703 3028
Fax: +27 21 703 9510

Here is the top we used in Africa on some of the most remote and rugged terrain on the planet...

https://www.alu-cab.com/product/double-cab-explorer-canopy/

There are a few dealers in the US so it shouldn't be too hard to get one.

This will be worth waiting for IMHO..!!
Sponsored

MotoBrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Subaru STi, 2001 BMW M5, 2014 Yamaha WR250R, 2010 BMW R1200R,
Occupation
Heavy Duty Mechanic
Good find. Really excited to see their product come to! I wonder what it weighs compared to the RSI/RLD stainless steel option. Roof capacity of 700lbs. is going to be hard to beat!

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together

coreoski

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Good deal, not that i would need it as i am running the soft top unit untill a fiberglass lid comes out
If I had the garage door height, I'd be saving up for this for sure, but I don't... So Explorer Canopy for daily use then RTT when needed.

Sponsored

Koja

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Hydra Blue Gladiator (LEMON), 2021 Hydra blueJT 04 Rubicon, 04 Ultra classic
Occupation
Retired Sailor, what ever i can scrape together
If I had the garage door height, I'd be saving up for this for sure, but I don't... So Explorer Canopy for daily use then RTT when needed.
Here is a shot with my soft top installed

Hydra canopy 1.jpg

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
This is what I’m doing. I should receive mine at the end on January if all goes as planned.

coreoski

First Name
Corey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Test Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
This is what I’m doing. I should receive mine at the end on January if all goes as planned.
Should afford a bit extra flexibility anyways, yup!

End of January? Nice! A little sooner that I expected! Working on getting on that list myself.

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
I have the Garage Door issue at the Apt. Complex, but still hoping to get 1 of 2 Taller garages . I've been on the Alu-Cab Canopy Camper email list for about a month, and just yesterday inquired about just the Canopy . I did the same for the RSI SmartCap and inquired/suggested/hoped they would consider doing a Full Canopy Camper style similar to Alu-Cab's .
I also made strong mention / suggestions on Following the Body Lines of the Gladiator . I noticed the other thread/design renderings of that "Glassy" looking fiberglass Cap . I LIKE that it too is More Vertical & that the Front lines follow very well with the hardtop . . . but I do NOT like the Rear being totally vertical . . . looks weird . Much would prefer IT follow along the same slight slant of the Front . + in my opinion, too much glass, especially close to the top of the Bed Rails . I understand the esthetics, following the truck window profile, but not sure THAT aspect is necessary .
Also, not liking the ForeEver Old-School std. looking sliding side windows . Much prefer a more modern approach, such as the awning opening style with day/night shades & bug screen . . . these can remain open in enclement weather . I also made that suggestion to the 2 S. African Mfr.'s ! Busy Boy !

Sponsored

Lou3.6

First Name
Lou
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep 2016 WK2 75th Anniversary edition
Occupation
retired Navy -- 1984 > 2004
Hey Eddie look up ^^^ 13 threads above this one and you'll see troybilt's thread I refer to on the Alu-Cab Cap ON that guys Gladiator ! my 2nd reference to ya (& Steffen)

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
IMG_20191211_141425.jpg

My AluCab is awesome.
is this you? Did you paint the cap or get a new one? So glad the silver is gone... =)
Looks like you put some RSE steps on it since this youtube video too?

OP
OP
smlobx

smlobx

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Semi retired consultant
is this you? Did you paint the cap or get a new one? So glad the silver is gone... =)
Looks like you put some RSE steps on it since this youtube video too?
yes please update us @Oscar Indy
Thanks
Sponsored