• Start date
  • Watchers 67

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
Just checking in from Trinity. I got my JT on 08/29 and haven't been able to stop smiling since. I haven't been to URE in a few years but the thought of taking my JT down in there makes me cringe. Maybe Wolf's Den.
I took my Overland with Rubicon takeoff suspension there on Sunday. I don't think I made it to Wolf's Den. I mainly stuck to Rocky Mountain, Slab Pile, and a little bit of Dutch John. Those are the easier trails. I stayed away from Daniel, Dickey Bell, the harder parts of Dutch John. There was undercarriage rub, and one spot where I got pretty high center. I don't think I would have made it unscathed without the Rubicon takeoff suspension. I wouldn't recommend taking a stock Sport or Overland out there.
I rode shotgun on Dutch John, Falls Dam, and Dickey Bell with some folks from the JL forum. I'm not so sure a stock Rubicon could handle all of those trails. I'd highly recommend a lift and larger tires.
Sponsored

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
I was being sarcastic. Wolf's Den is the very easiest trail out there (or was). It used to be just barely rougher than a dirt road. I once saw an AWD BMW SUV out there.

bokonon

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2020 JT
What color is your JT? We've seen a few more over the last couple weeks.
It's a white Sport S. I love what you've done to your JT. I have black wheels on my JK and that's one of the first upgrades I'm doing on mine as soon as I decide on a set of wheels! Also, it looks like you have a tonneau cover in your pics. Which one did you get? (This is my first truck and I'm trying to pic one of those, as well.)

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
It's a white Sport S. I love what you've done to your JT. I have black wheels on my JK and that's one of the first upgrades I'm doing on mine as soon as I decide on a set of wheels! Also, it looks like you have a tonneau cover in your pics. Which one did you get? (This is my first truck and I'm trying to pic one of those, as well.)
Thanks! I'll keep an open eye for a White Sport S in Wake Forest. We have a Launch Edition JT so it came with the soft rolling tonneau. I like it a lot however my one complaint is that it truly doesn't lock. Not that a soft tonneau is really going to stop someone if they want in, it just would have been a nice extra touch.

Sponsored

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
So I am planning a trip down to the Gulches in SC the weekend of September 27-29.

Details are still being worked out but we will definitely be wheeling at least on Saturday September 28th and plan to camp out that night. Not everyone has to camp out. There is also a Jeep event that weekend in Easley that some may attend.

Please let me know if anyone is even a maybe for this so I can start getting things planned and get the camping sites reserved.

Links below:

https://www.gulchesorvpark.com/

https://southernjeepfestival.com/

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
So I am planning a trip down to the Gulches in SC the weekend of September 27-29.

Details are still being worked out but we will definitely be wheeling at least on Saturday September 28th and plan to camp out that night. Not everyone has to camp out. There is also a Jeep event that weekend in Easley that some may attend.

Please let me know if anyone is even a maybe for this so I can start getting things planned and get the camping sites reserved.

Links below:

https://www.gulchesorvpark.com/

https://southernjeepfestival.com/
If the wife is good with it I'm in. It's her birthday on the 30th so she may want to do something else. If we go I'll probably be looking at a weekend pass and stay Fri-Sun.

EDIT: The wife said yes!! Do I need to make my reservations or are you going to do a group hold or what?

Last edited:

noside85

First Name
Edison
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Sting Gray
Greensboro here. sting grey JTR hopefully will get picked up next week in Eden!

kelkolb

First Name
Kelley
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Greensboro here. Black Sport S Max Tow getting the Mopar 2" lift and 285/75-17's within the next week!

Took it to Uwharrie this past weekend in stock form and definitely rubbed the skid plates a few times but still loved it!

Bobcat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE firecracker red
If any of the North Carolina guys are interested in getting their Gladiators off-road PM me. We do regular trips to Uwharrie and get out to other trails as well. I can put y’all on the list to notify when we go out.

We had a big group of Jeeps at Uwharrie yesterday and a couple of guys are going out today. There’s a trip almost every weekend.

All skill levels and vehicles. Several of us have stock or mostly stock vehicles and we have a lot of first-timers as well as some real experienced off-roaders.

I know a lot of us are curious what a Gladiator will do on the trails!

Sponsored

Bobcat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator LE firecracker red
If any of the North Carolina guys are interested in getting their Gladiators off-road PM me. We do regular trips to Uwharrie and get out to other trails as well. I can put y’all on the list to notify when we go out.

We had a big group of Jeeps at Uwharrie yesterday and a couple of guys are going out today. There’s a trip almost every weekend.

All skill levels and vehicles. Several of us have stock or mostly stock vehicles and we have a lot of first-timers as well as some real experienced off-roaders.

I know a lot of us are curious what a Gladiator will do on the trails!
I’m in. Would love to hit the trails in uhwarrie. I’m in CLT and looking to learn more and have some fun with my JT. I have a stock LE and looking to have some fun.

Rayzzz

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator
Bethlehem NC. North of Hickory on the other side of the Catawba river.

My jeep likes my money

CarolinaGladiator

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 High Velocity JTR
If any of you are planning to go off road and never have don't go by yourselves. A group of us went this past weekend and without good spotters my JT probably wouldn't have made it out unharmed. Some of the stuff we did was kind of tight and steep and with this JT there is A LOT of truck that has to get past those trees and dropoffs. I've wheeled a lot over the years and it was in the front of my mind all weekend. When the pitch and roll guages are over 20*, there is so much you can't see from the driver's seat.

ThirtyOne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2017 Chevy Tahoe, 2006 Jeep Liberty
We are planning a trip to VA the weekend of Oct 11-13.

The trip will include Peters Mill Run to get a badge. We will be camping out on Saturday. On Sunday some are going to the Overland Expo and some of us are finding another trail to run.

If anyone is interested PM me and I will add you to the text group.

Marx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR Firecracker Launch Edition
Occupation
Education