Sponsored

Daily drive beadlocks and try on before you buy

Mulewhisperer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU TF-LA on 37’s
I like the Method bronze beadlocks. Any downside to daily driving with them or any beadlock in general? Never owned a set. Also, is there a site that lets you see what the wheel or accessories look like on your gladiator before you purchase? Thank you in advance!
Sponsored

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD
Occupation
Jeep
I've daily driven on beadlocks since 2012. If you are ok with torquing the bolts every month or so then I don't see any downside to driving with them. The only problem you might have is finding a place to balance them. Discount tire will only do it if I bring the wheels off the Jeep.

bgenlvtex

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
I like the Method bronze beadlocks. Any downside to daily driving with them or any beadlock in general? Never owned a set. Also, is there a site that lets you see what the wheel or accessories look like on your gladiator before you purchase? Thank you in advance!
Are you prepared to do your own tire work?

None of the functional bead lock wheels that I am aware of are DOT rated (for highway use) consequently you will find that most if not all tire stores will refuse to service them.

They are heavy, robbing power and fuel economy.

If you need them there is nothing better, if they are a fashion statement it will be a statement that comes at a pretty high price.

Sponsored

Jowen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon Cherokee an x2 2020 jt rubicon
There are dot bead locks for highway use, but expensive, maintaining them is every month, i recommended that you buy a torque wrench and band aids for busted knuckle when you slip, it is best to torque off the vehicle with a marker, beer, a small bucket of descriptive lanauge.

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
OP
OP

Mulewhisperer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKU TF-LA on 37’s
Was not aware there was so much maintenance. Thanks for the feedback. I do like the looks, but we head out west maybe once a year so not fully utilizing. Thanks for the feedback.

Anyone know of a bronze wheel with a black outer ring look alike?

wyldefreebyrd

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White Gladiator Rubicon
Beadlock daily driver here. Have had them for about 2 years and like TTEChris mentioned, torque the rings once a month and you are good. Doing your own tire work isn't too bad and Discount will balance the tires but not install.
Sponsored