Sponsored

Still no rear tire carrier?!

lookitsadam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
Since you didn't specify behind cab or behind bed:
Qgh13WzhZem7Th0in8uNcFSdRKAhHsBtl_OIRuHT8QYYRzp0nyGdkDcLlYuHR7-Vn5V53HR1qWyTMdJRRQ=w1055-h791-no.jpg

4iOynny5QlbUGUYOAXm4NokqVkDjo9YE5xpJYib9jQH3jZ_d23n4mXa2b-IEBDy_avx_vOA0yrnocUFrJg=w1055-h791-no.jpg

ya, just being a smartass. :LOL:
I really like this, but wouldn't need it for a spare. Just want a badass sport bar in the bed without the cross members.
Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I agree.
I won't pay what they want, but would LOVE a bar.

Lynn_F

First Name
Lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I think this pretty sweet if you're not doing a tonneau!

Screenshot_20190908-173426_Chrome.jpg

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
12894E76-814B-497B-A444-9A59E9BCC865.jpeg
Ok well just donā€™t let anyone tell ya it canā€™t be done. Just saw this Jeep parked, extra tall driver! No clue why they needed running boards to assist with getting in.

Sponsored

WhatExit?

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon Launch Edition - Granite Crystal Metallic | 2017 Ford Raptor SuperCrew - Metallic
Vehicle Showcase
Doesnā€™t Evo have one?
Apparently they've built at least one...

Holding the massive spare tire was another EVO creationā€”a swinging tire carrier mounted to, you guessed it, an EVO rear bumper. More KC Flex lights were recessed into the bumper for illuminating the trails when in Reverse, and with the deletion of the factory bumper and towing hardware, Mel increased the truck's departure angle to a respectable 42 degrees.

19-2020-overland-gladiator-rear-bumper-jpg.jpg

20-2020-overland-gladiator-camp1-jpg.jpg

Above pics and info from this thread:
https://www.jeepgladiatorforum.com/...iator-crawling-on-40s-camping-in-style.23074/

Gatorized

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜06 CRV, ā€˜14 Mazda3, ā€˜20 JTR (Gator)
Question will be - how to accommodate the rear camera if a tire carrier is mounted on the bumper. The JLs have it mounted on the tire carrier. Maybe a wireless camera can be retrofitted to work with the JT.

Deleted member 28696

AEV Vertical tire rack where the tire sits upright at the back of the bed so it doesn't take up a whole lot of room. I didn't go this route since I want to purchase a decked drawer system and I want to keep the top of it clear to haul things. This does look like an awesome solution. It would be easier to mount it and roll out if you ever need it.

https://www.aev-conversions.com/product/vertical-tire-mount/

DirkG

First Name
Dirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gator Sport S
Dad/Coach/Field (read: non-rock) crawler question here: with a lift like above, with a normal spare under the bed setup, does the spare protrude downward that much to impede rock crawling? Or is the rear tire mount more for people with like 40" tires? (doesn't fit under the bed)

Last edited:

Sponsored

Motoarch

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee
Occupation
Architect
If only there was a bed you could keep a spare in.

Zilla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Overland
Jeep Gladiator Still no rear tire carrier?! 20-2020-overland-gladiator-camp1-jpg-
Ok well just donā€™t let anyone tell ya it canā€™t be done. Just saw this Jeep parked, extra tall driver! No clue why they needed running boards to assist with getting in.
That's called a Rubitrux. A guy in Boone NC makes those out of an 04, 05, or 06 LJ. I had a red one.....was a really cool little truck. The spare mounted to the swing out tailgate.

BUZZHEAD

First Name
BOB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JEEP RUBICAN GLADIATOR ,2016 HD SLIMS
Occupation
WEED PULLER
This works for me ,just cant see crawling underneath to get spare along 80/94 while four lanes of traffic flying by at 80

KIMG01491.jpg

dcmdon

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think this pretty sweet if you're not doing a tonneau!

Jeep Gladiator Still no rear tire carrier?! KIMG01491
This is an amazing deal if you want function without the pre-runner poseur look. Seriously, what can you get for $250??

Though I honestly think that its not necessary for most of us since you can fit a 37" tire in the stock location.

If you think about what percent of Gladiators have tires larger than 37, you are talking about a very small number.

The thing about this $250 mount is that its cheap enough to supplement the OEM mount when needed.

Doing a long rocky trail? Put a second spare on that mount and take it off when you are just driving around.

Newlife

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 jeep gladiator rubicon
As someone that has had two vehicles with rear tire carriers one on a Tacoma and one on a 4Runner thereā€™s no way Iā€™ll be putting one on the gladiator. Itā€™s too cumbersome, in the way, the hinges just donā€™t last Due to the weight of a heavy tire (I couldnā€™t even imagine how quickly it would break with the weight of a 37 or 40 just hanging there). The story still now on YouTube actually just had a catastrophic on his rear tire carrier while on the trail and had to move his tire to the opposite arm due to the weight of the tire and off road.
Sponsored