First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n JT Rubi, 2018 VW Tiguan SEL
Occupation
Financial Services
I’m thinking based on what I saw that grill inserts might be an issue due to the trail cam. Anyone find a good company that does trail cam friendly inserts?

Under the sun inserts doesn’t do it yet

Edit: just saw there was another thread about this a month ago, consider this a bump as there was still no answer
Sponsored

LongTimeListener

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JTR
I've never run inserts on my JK's grill and it has never been a problem, despite extensive off-road driving. A buddy with 250,000 miles on his JK only put them on a few years ago when running the Dempster Highway (rocks).

I guess what I'm getting at is: Are you sure you need them? I imagine they'd also reduce cooling efficiency.

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
I've never run inserts on my JK's grill and it has never been a problem, despite extensive off-road driving. A buddy with 250,000 miles on his JK only put them on a few years ago when running the Dempster Highway (rocks).

I guess what I'm getting at is: Are you sure you need them? I imagine they'd also reduce cooling efficiency.
Ahh, this is purely visual. Saw one with a bunch of jack-o-lanterns on it that looked bad ass, but the insert said clearly on the description “w/o trail cam”.

OP
OP
rvillano8188

rvillano8188

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Financial Services
Ahh, this is purely visual. Saw one with a bunch of jack-o-lanterns on it that looked bad ass, but the insert said clearly on the description “w/o trail cam”.
Currently working with Under the Sun Inserts here on Long Island to get an insert developed for the Trail Cam Folks. Looks like kind of a tricky process, but the guys there are awesome. Take a look at their stuff in the meantime, they have a great selection!

https://underthesuninserts.com/
Sponsored