Sponsored

Got Rear Ended. What replacement bumpers should I get?

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
I got rear ended in Charlotte, NC last week. I was stopped behind a car at a red light, when I heard tires locking up behind me. I looked in the mirror just in time to see a Ford F-150 slam into me, and push my Gladiator into the car in front of me. I've waited years for this Jeep, and now it's been in an accident before its first oil change... :angry:

Luckily, nobody was injured, and the driver at fault has insurance. The trailer hitch receiver seems to have taken a lot of the impact, and will need to be replaced. The rear bumper has some damage under and around the license plate. Lastly, there's a small ding on my front bumper that nobody would notice unless they were really looking for it, but insurance will probably pay for a replacement.

So, now I'm in the market for some bumpers and a new trailer hitch receiver. I want a winch capable front bumper that is compatible with my OEM LED fog lights, and a matching rear bumper that is compatible with the parking sensors. I don't want anything too aggressive, and would prefer a factory OEM look. First thought that comes to mind is the Mopar 3-Piece Steel Bumper, and a matching rear bumper (If you're looking to get rid of either or both, chime in). I'm not opposed to aftermarket as long as it maintains a factory appearance and keeps the LED fog lamps and rear parking sensors. Any suggestions?

MVIMG_20190912_154059.jpg

IMG_20190912_144007.jpg

IMG_20190912_143951.jpg
Sponsored

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I got rear ended in Charlotte, NC last week. I was stopped behind a car at a red light, when I heard tires locking up behind me. I looked in the mirror just in time to see a Ford F-150 slam into me, and push my Gladiator into the car in front of me. I've waited years for this Jeep, and now it's been in an accident before its first oil change... :angry:

Luckily, nobody was injured, and the driver at fault has insurance. The trailer hitch receiver seems to have taken a lot of the impact, and will need to be replaced. The rear bumper has some damage under and around the license plate. Lastly, there's a small ding on my front bumper that nobody would notice unless they were really looking for it, but insurance will probably pay for a replacement.

So, now I'm in the market for some bumpers and a new trailer hitch receiver. I want a winch capable front bumper that is compatible with my OEM LED fog lights, and a matching rear bumper that is compatible with the parking sensors. I don't want anything too aggressive, and would prefer a factory OEM look. First thought that comes to mind is the Mopar 3-Piece Steel Bumper, and a matching rear bumper (If you're looking to get rid of either or both, chime in). I'm not opposed to aftermarket as long as it maintains a factory appearance and keeps the LED fog lamps and rear parking sensors. Any suggestions?
They're not going to make you take it to a shop to do the work? It's a new car, I'd imagine they be able to order the parts for you no problem.

MaximusJTRubi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubi
The Fabfours rear bumper is pretty sweet. Pricey, but sweet.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME

Sponsored

OP
OP
jhale1800

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland, 2000 Ford Crown Victoria, 2011 Hyundai Genesis Coupe, 2017 Mazda3
They're not going to make you take it to a shop to do the work? It's a new car, I'd imagine they be able to order the parts for you no problem.
I see you're an attorney. Maybe you could give the insurance company a call, and shake some extra cash loose...
I have an appointment with the insurance company's preferred body shop on Monday. They'll probably quote me for the original plastic Overland bumpers, and I'd be responsible for the extra cost of the Mopar steel replacements. Not out of the question, but alternatively, I could bring my own slightly used steel bumpers and reduce my out of pocket a bit.

OP
OP
jhale1800

jhale1800

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m a fan of Warn’s stubby front bumpers. They have one that looks like it would take your fog lights, too.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/warn/front-stubby-crawler-bumper-jeep-wrangler-jk-jl

E130749B-E9D7-45AC-BE82-A53B81B6BE64.png

Innovative Creations has a classic looking rear bumper that I’d like. Looks to be well designed, too. Little pricey, though.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/innovative-creations-inc/magnum-rear-bumper-jeep-gladiator-jt

1901BD0B-570F-448A-BEA7-45DEB7BC45D3.png
I think I'd prefer a full bumper, or something with removable ends to make it a stubby bumper.
I do like the looks of the Innovative Creations rear bumper, but it does not appear to be compatible with the parking sensors.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I think I'd prefer a full bumper, or something with removable ends to make it a stubby bumper.
I do like the looks of the Innovative Creations rear bumper, but it does not appear to be compatible with the parking sensors.
Warn does make a full version of the same, but if you want the interchangeability, I’d probably stick with OEM steel bumper.

Kjm18

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Rubicon - Delivered 7/23
Occupation
Attorney
I see you're an attorney. Maybe you could give the insurance company a call, and shake some extra cash loose...
I have an appointment with the insurance company's preferred body shop on Monday. They'll probably quote me for the original plastic Overland bumpers, and I'd be responsible for the extra cost of the Mopar steel replacements. Not out of the question, but alternatively, I could bring my own slightly used steel bumpers and reduce my out of pocket a bit.
Fair enough. I've only ever been in 1 accident and have no legal experience with them. I took it to a body shop that would only put on new parts and the insurance company ended up totaling my Cherokee (which was what I preferred to owning a car that had been in an accident). Hope it all works out and you can get the upgrades you desire. There was someone selling a steel bumper on here from Alabama. He wanted me to drive down from MD. I declined. :)

JT_Todd

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
I was rear ended in my Sport S with about 300 miles on it. I was at stop light , ended up on the railroad tracks and I saw it coming. The lady in the sedan hit me at about 10mph. I heard it and felt it, pulled over. The lady said she was in a hurry to get her daughter to some event for school. I got out and looked at my rear bumper and I couldn't help it but start laughing, "Wow, I don't even see a scratch lol!" She said well look at my front bumper and there was a 2" square hole in her plastic fascia :CWL: There was a little scratch mark on the hitch receiver, that was it. No damage or even scratches on my plastic bumper cover parts. I told her to have a nice day and be careful and keep an eye on that water temp!
Sponsored

Last edited: