First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
My GCM MT showed up at the dealership this morning. Unfortunately I have to wait 12 more days to pick her up.

Edit: I should note that Jeep Cares said she was moving to KZS from KZ as of last Thursday and would be shipping soon from the factory.

image_90432240.JPG
Sponsored

Onebigyoshi

First Name
Haruyoshi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Rubicon Sting grey M/T. Prius...
My GCM MT showed up at the dealership this morning. Unfortunately I have to wait 12 more days to pick her up.

Edit: I should note that Jeep Cares said she was moving to KZS from KZ as of last Thursday and would be shipping soon from the factory.

image_90432240.JPG
Congrats! I hope it's the same case with mine and that it's already been shipped. It was KZ last monday, Jeep chat told me it's still waiting to be shipped :crying:

Kulahpac

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
The dealer told me my Gladiator had finally showed up after waiting almost 5 months... My 2 year-old and I made the 150 mile trip, we were so very excited to finally bring it home. When we showed up the dealer asked me if I wanted to take it for a quick test drive before doing the paperwork... And of course, I obliged... Got in, checked out some of the cool options... 12 miles on it... Not 0 but still pretty cool... Pulled out of the parking lot got about .25 miles down the road and came to a stoplight. After it turned green, I took off, went to shift into second and stepped on the clutch.... And the clutch dropped right to the floor and stayed there... I had to roll into a parking lot where it stalled out because I couldn't step on the clutch... Had to call the dealership and have them pick me up at the parking lot and take my brand new Gladiator back on a rollback. Awesome...

Chadnutz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 F-350 4x4
So I've had mine for almost two weeks now and here is my assessment.

I love the fit and finish.
I like the radio.
I like the leather seats.
View is good.
A/C is great.
Shifts super smooth
Auto start isn't even a big deal except when it stops and restarts in 1 second or when it's hot outside. I'll learn to turn it off or keep the clutch in if I know I won't be stopped long.

The not so great:
Lacks torque, and makes it worse by being geared super tall. I knew this going into it, but it is way different from my car.
Wanders a little, though it either got better or I learned to control it by the second week.
Only got 17.1 mpg and I drive 70+ % highway and not over the speed limit.
I've never had this issue in another manual, but I need to get my foot completely off the go pedal before I put the clutch in or it revs up.
Flywheel must be light or something because it is easy to stall.

I know I am still calibrating myself to this clutch, but I don't recall having this much issue getting a transmission down such that my shifts and take offs are always smooth.

I cannot even imagine towing something with it and getting out of 4th gear. I was driving up a 45 mph road that has somewhat of a grade (for the Texas hill country) in 4th gear. At some point I had it on the floor before I realized it so I downshifted to 3rd. In my BMW I'd be in 6th and my truck 5th (OD) no problem.

Still do not regret the manual, but god I wish I could have a manual diesel.

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
The dealer told me my Gladiator had finally showed up after waiting almost 5 months... My 2 year-old and I made the 150 mile trip, we were so very excited to finally bring it home. When we showed up the dealer asked me if I wanted to take it for a quick test drive before doing the paperwork... And of course, I obliged... Got in, checked out some of the cool options... 12 miles on it... Not 0 but still pretty cool... Pulled out of the parking lot got about .25 miles down the road and came to a stoplight. After it turned green, I took off, went to shift into second and stepped on the clutch.... And the clutch dropped right to the floor and stayed there... I had to roll into a parking lot where it stalled out because I couldn't step on the clutch... Had to call the dealership and have them pick me up at the parking lot and take my brand new Gladiator back on a rollback. Awesome...

This sounds like the issue I had with mine the day I took mine home. I discovered a linkage popped out and was easily put in place. I imagine it wasn't probably seated in the build and after the right time it popped off completely

259348479~6.png
2091523484~2.png

Sponsored

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Helped my brother move to from Negunee MI 370 miles to Chicago this weekend. Hauled great hit 80 in a few spots cruised around 75. Was nervous about catching some crosswind but didn't feel much except over the Leo Frigo bridge. I didn't feel like i was under powered I was able down shift and haul @$$ when needed. The thin to note is through the construction the road would switch road surface and when crossing over the odd dips for the temporary road the truck would get floaty. Reminds me of the old boats of the 70s and 80s. The suspension is soft so it soaks up the roughness but with the speed and big hump it was a little bouncy. First one caught me off guard. It wasn't anything that would toss me out of control but just something to note.

Did have a lifted JKU pull up snap a couple pics wave with approval and haul ass by. Rig sounded good too:like:

IMG_20190914_103420.jpg
Good report. That's a good long trip with a load on to see how things go. :like:

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon

image_90432240.JPG
Congrats! I'm still in the here but waiting mode... it does stink. But knowing it's there...

chrcal14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon
Appreciate the warning... did they tell you anything?

Mightytalldude

First Name
Rob aka MTD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GCM Sport S, 6spd manual, subtle mods.
Occupation
Retail Management Hell
Congrats! I hope it's the same case with mine and that it's already been shipped. It was KZ last monday, Jeep chat told me it's still waiting to be shipped :crying:
I'd check with your dealer for t
This sounds like the issue I had with mine the day I took mine home. I discovered a linkage popped out and was easily put in place. I imagine it wasn't probably seated in the build and after the right time it popped off completely

259348479~6.png
2091523484~2.png
If there's 2, there's more. Doubt it'll be a recall, but more of a TSB, but something we all should check out.

Ichthus

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Gobi JTR, 20 Bikini Willys JLU, 18 GC Overland
Occupation
Pilot
2nd order submitted!

Gobi Rubicon. Manual, MT’s, Tow, Aux Switch, 8.4 w/Premium sound, LED’s, Trail Cam, Cargo Trail Rail,

Sponsored

Up venture

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator
Vehicle Showcase
Any word back?

ohiobrad

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Prius
I just went out to drive my Gladiator (458 miles in ~ 2 weeks and until 20 minutes ago, absolutely loved it). I could not get it to shift into reverse out of my garage. I ended up pushing it out of the garage, into the street (I wanted to see if I could drive it around the block and get through a few gears, hoping it would work itself out).. No dice. (When it looks like it should be in 1st gear, it's actually in 3rd..)... After about 1/4 mile, the engine started smoking.. I could smell transmission fluid.

It's parked on the street in front of the house, waiting for a tow.

458 miles. I want to puke.

Followup on the problem with the transmission with my Gladiator. It took ~10 days, but I FINALLY picked her up last night. The clutch did fail, but it was due to the wiring harness that runs from the gear shift to the clutch. Apparently that harness wasn't properly attached and it caused the clutch failure. They replaced the clutch and properly attached that harness. Fingers crossed it was a one-time thing (It just sucked having the thing for 10 days and then losing it for another 10... ). It's just great to have it back. Last night was a beautiful night and it was nice to be out and about it in it again.

nortski3

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Gladiator Rubicon & BMW F800GS
Mine delivered on Monday 9/16; but due to a conference in Vegas this week and a Golf Tournament in Napa next I won't be able to take possession until the 26th or so...

Waiting this long and tacking another 10 days on for fun is painful.

IMG_2834.JPG
Sponsored