tonneau Cover started lifting at sides when on highway

Michaelamici

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler
My tonneau cover started lifting at the sides while driving on the highway. Anyone else have this happen and more importantly have a fix?
Sponsored

Jake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport
What kind of tonneau do you have, hard trifold, soft roll up, hard roll up, Mopar or aftermarket? Who installed it, you or dealership? If done by the dealership then I would take it back to them to fix. For the Mopar hard trifold the instructions are clear about getting it aligned properly before you tighten everything down. That alignment is the first thing I would check.

Tacoman03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bright White JT Gladiator Rubicon; 2018 Range Rover Velar; 2017 Jaguar F Pace
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Jeep installed soft cover and have had zero issues......lots of highway driving too......

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
My tonneau cover started lifting at the sides while driving on the highway. Anyone else have this happen and more importantly have a fix?
I have noticed mine lifting up on the sides in the middle area as well. However, I am not sure if it is doing any harm. In rain, the bed is still dry.

Sponsored

Ted Striker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Texas Trail
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Make sure it is “clicked” in place. Mine started lifting one time on the highway and when I pulled over and stopped, I realized that it had not been pushed down all the way and locked in.

EZsmoke

First Name
dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Rubicon X
Make sure it is “clicked” in place. Mine started lifting one time on the highway and when I pulled over and stopped, I realized that it had not been pushed down all the way and locked in.
The Rubicon i test drove with factory soft cover also did this.

Sgt Beavis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler UL Unlimited Sport S
Make sure it's latched into place at the rear. The area where it is 'hooked' into a mount on each side. I had this happen when I was test driving a Rubicon and this was the cause.

BrandRezake

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR
Occupation
Controls Engineer/Entertainment Program Manager
It’s definitely clicked in. They do seem to loosen up over time, which is why the sides seem to be lifting a little.

Sponsored

STEELCITYDJ87

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTM White, 2021 JLR Black
My factory soft tonneau lifts as well on the sides. Is it supposed to lock on the side edges?

Rokon

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
There is no velcro used on the OEM soft tonneau other than the straps that secure it when rolled up.

ryan-g186

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Sport
Drove 12 hours round trip over the weekend and noticed the sides are coming up at highway speeds on the soft tonneau that I had from factory. I checked all the bolts and mounts and they look good and are tight. Anyone found any easy fixes?
Sponsored