First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I would highly suggest againt Fab Fours anything.

I have Metalcloak front JL fenders, they fit the JT perfectly and look fantastic.

There are plenty of great companies out there. Buy once cry once.
It amazing how badly Fab4s stuff is. Puke inducing from the start.
Not to derail or start something up, but why is this? They are awfully proud of their product given the prices. Can't say I'm a fan for how they look, but is it sub-par quality?
Sponsored

BLK HOLE

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR, 2012 JKUR
Vehicle Showcase
Not to derail or start something up, but why is this? They are awfully proud of their product given the prices. Can't say I'm a fan for how they look, but is it sub-par quality?
I should have been more clear...I meant their looks. I can't even get passed the looks far enough to tell if their stuff is made well. Looks like a Rice Rocket Civic kid from the 90s turned to Jeeps.

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
There are a lot of factors.

Personally, I absolutely despise how they look. Now, I would never tell someone to not purchase something soley based on looks when it comes to something like this.

However: quality, CS, and function are my main points when buying something for my jeep. Price is not a factor because I know if I skimp on something, down the line I could possibly regret not going with the more expensive option IF it is better in the other three categories.

Fab fenders simply do not have the function of many other vendors out there. I have seen multiple (and have done it myself) jeeps roll on their sides onto the MC fenders and nothing happens. The fenders hold strong and only have a few scratches. I have seen jeeps slip between rocks and slam down onto the fenders and ride on JUST the fenders. No damage to the fender or body besides powdercoat. I can guarantee that FF fenders can not do this.

Many seem to forget that CS is a big part in what vendor to purchase from. I have not heard the greatest of things about FF's CS, or their quality.

That is my $.02 on it. I did a hell of a lot of research when I had my TJ and JK on aftermarket parts.Fab was far from the top on those three specific points I look for.

spazzyfry123

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JTR (Sold) - Now Land Cruiser
Occupation
ME
I should have been more clear...I meant their looks. I can't even get passed the looks far enough to tell if their stuff is made well. Looks like a Rice Rocket Civic kid from the 90s turned to Jeeps.
Agreed.

There are a lot of factors.

Personally, I absolutely despise how they look. Now, I would never tell someone to not purchase something soley based on looks when it comes to something like this.

However: quality, CS, and function are my main points when buying something for my jeep. Price is not a factor because I know if I skimp on something, down the line I could possibly regret not going with the more expensive option IF it is better in the other three categories.

Fab fenders simply do not have the function of many other vendors out there. I have seen multiple (and have done it myself) jeeps roll on their sides onto the MC fenders and nothing happens. The fenders hold strong and only have a few scratches. I have seen jeeps slip between rocks and slam down onto the fenders and ride on JUST the fenders. No damage to the fender or body besides powdercoat. I can guarantee that FF fenders can not do this.

Many seem to forget that CS is a big part in what vendor to purchase from. I have not heard the greatest of things about FF's CS, or their quality.

That is my $.02 on it. I did a hell of a lot of research when I had my TJ and JK on aftermarket parts.Fab was far from the top on those three specific points I look for.
I'm a "form follows function" guy. If it works well and does the job like a top, then it should look right. Anything I've seen by them just looks entirely too radical and I have to wonder if fabrication and strength integrity is questioned. Doing what I do for a living, I immediately see high stress points galore in everything from their bumpers to their fenders. I'd love to see those things run through simulated FEA.

Sponsored

OP
OP

BOIWILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Good to know I'm new to the jeep world so I dont know the good company's yet.

OP
OP

BOIWILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Btw that truck looks awesome!!

Mjolnir

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Willys, 2020 Gladiator
Btw that truck looks awesome!!
The best thing I can say is look at what functionality you are getting, quality and CS.

I can not tell you how many stories I have heard (and one of my own) where someone breaks something on a wheeling trip, calls MC and they overnight a new part. If that isnt customer service i dont know what is.

Even the simple things. When I was installing my 1-ton tie rod on my JK i ripped both grease boots. Called MC and they 2 day mailed replacement boots. Opened the package and I had 3 sets along with a note that said "in case you screw up two more times :) ). I can't say enough about MC.

Ace engineering, Poison Spyder, and several others have quality/functional parts. Search for a while before making a decision. We all understand the itch to buy things and start modifying, but taking time to really flesh out all questions or concerns beforehand will save you loads of headache and will allow you to not wish you went with something else later down the road.

Best of luck to you my guy!

Reactions: JP1
OP
OP

BOIWILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Rubicon
Great advice and much appreciated!

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
I'm just over here trying to figure out what product is best to clean the stock fenders ha

Sponsored

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
The 1st one is always the hardest to swallow, it's get better. I feel like a part time body shop guy every once in a while. Here's my 1st week Gladiating. Now that we got that out of the way...........

I'll add I also got a sidewall puncture on the tire in the video, It just waited till I got back down the goat trail to let the air out., lucky me. Tires aren't covered under the "Bumper to Bumper" warranty either. Does this "Jeep'n" thing get any cheaper?

Last edited:

tbaker

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 silver Jeep gladiator rubicon
Will that 303 stuff turn the black fender flares white like armor all does and I am talking about the non painted flares

Trippin01

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus RX450h, 23' Supra
Occupation
Deputy Sheriff & Retired Army
Vehicle Showcase
For the record, this is what my JT looks like with 35's, no lift and MC front fenders. Still waiting for them to come out with their rear fenders.

IMG_20190910_191711.jpg

IMG_20190910_191721.jpg

IMG_20190910_191730.jpg
Those front fenders ROCK!
Sponsored