First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I worked last night so I didn't get this information until late. I sent a text to my salesman so hopefully we can get into the system tomorrow and see what is up. I planned on the black hard top so if it isn't available I'm not sure what I will do. I waited this long I suppose. I just figure it will be easier to add the soft top when some aftermarket options become available. I used to just keep a safari top on my TJ all the time.
Sponsored

Sandbox20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 1980 CJ5
I worked last night so I didn't get this information until late. I sent a text to my salesman so hopefully we can get into the system tomorrow and see what is up. I planned on the black hard top so if it isn't available I'm not sure what I will do. I waited this long I suppose. I just figure it will be easier to add the soft top when some aftermarket options become available. I used to just keep a safari top on my TJ all the time.
I plan on the black hard top and fenders myself...I will wait.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Going to the dealer today. Do I pony up and get the dual top so I can get this thing ordered? I was planning on a undercover flex tonneau. I definitely don't want either Mopar soft tonneaus. The hard one isn't bad but doesn't have the ability to stand up. I was thinking that I would eventually get an aftermarket soft top once somebody produced one. I like the frameless tops but I am not sure that is possible with the design of the cage on the Gladiator. Hmm decisions. Maybe the black hard top will be available today.

Sponsored

Sandbox20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 1980 CJ5
I am going to wait for the black hard top and brake controller.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I am going to wait for the black hard top and brake controller.
Yea, I signed my deal with the dealer in early June. I am a patient fella but it is wearing thin since i haven't even ordered yet let alone waited for the build. The brake controller will be available as an add on from Mopar accessories so I don't need to wait for that.

Sandbox20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 1980 CJ5
Yea, I signed my deal with the dealer in early June. I am a patient fella but it is wearing thin since i haven't even ordered yet let alone waited for the build. The brake controller will be available as an add on from Mopar accessories so I don't need to wait for that.
Will the wiring harness already have the connection for it and just need to be installed and connected?

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Will the wiring harness already have the connection for it and just need to be installed and connected?
As far as I know, yes. There are plenty of people that have added aftermarket ones with no trouble already. If I am not mistaken it was listed in the Mopar accessory guide that was posted somewhere on here a few weeks back.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
@Sandbox20 I went and look again and it isn't in the accessory sheet so I must have seen it somewhere else but it will replace you 12v plug in the dash and I can't imagine it not being able to be installed after the fact. If there is a problem with it than I will just the the Curt one that others are using and report good results with. I actually sold all my trailers with brakes on them so I don't really need it now anyway.

Sponsored

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Just got back from the dealer. Order is in and I have a VON
I feel just like a little girl that was asked to the ball by the prince :rock:

Sandbox20

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator 1980 CJ5
@Sandbox20 I went and look again and it isn't in the accessory sheet so I must have seen it somewhere else but it will replace you 12v plug in the dash and I can't imagine it not being able to be installed after the fact. If there is a problem with it than I will just the the Curt one that others are using and report good results with. I actually sold all my trailers with brakes on them so I don't really need it now anyway.
I have a tandem axle motorcycle trailer and an 18' utility trailer both with trailer brakes. Not that use them all time but would be nice to have the brake controller.

jeepncrowd

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Rubicon (WILD MED)
Occupation
Physician Assistant
Just got back from the dealer. Order is in and I have a VON
I feel just like a little girl that was asked to the ball by the prince :rock:
Did you get the hard top, dual top or soft top?

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
I have a tandem axle motorcycle trailer and an 18' utility trailer both with trailer brakes. Not that use them all time but would be nice to have the brake controller.
I hear ya. I will get one but it wont cause me trouble in the short term if I don't have it.

Gobi Wan K

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gobi Gladiator
Occupation
Roller Coaster Tester
Did you get the hard top, dual top or soft top?
I let my impatience get the better of me and got the dual top. I really want the hard top and it will be harder to come by after the fact. I figure I was planning to get the soft top down the road anyway.
Sponsored