First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
Since the JT is the Alpha Jeep, why isn't The "Auto High Beam Headlamp Control" part of the option package like the lesser 2020 JL and other Jeep models get? I wish this was currently available with the JT.

I usually do not get to use the high beams for very long duration, sometimes get flashed when I forget to switch to the low beams. I have another vehicle that has auto high beams, it's a nice feature, sometimes I switch if off when there is too much traffic and manually toggle the low/high beams.

I do get distracted sometime, but do wish I had the ability to pay 100% attention to my low/high beams all of the time. At least I don't have remember when to turn my head light on/off. ;)
Sponsored

MonkeySkunks

First Name
Nik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR, 2016 Odyssey
That would be a nice feature. I honestly don't remember the last time I used high beams on a vehicle. HID has been a godsend and I'm a little concerned about switching to led.

brancky3

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Gladiator Sport S
That would be a nice feature. I honestly don't remember the last time I used high beams on a vehicle. HID has been a godsend and I'm a little concerned about switching to led.
LED > HID for sure. I just want my foglights to stay on when I turn the highbeams on... and I'm too cheap to buy the Tazer to do it :LOL:

sass JT

Banned
Banned
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
MWD
I had this feature in my recently dead to me ‘19 ram 1500 limited... I hated it with a passion.

Drive down the road, sure it would turn the low beams on for oncoming traffic... but driving down the road and there’s lights on 3 miles down the road in pitch black nowhere and my low beams turn on and I can’t tell if there’s deer running across the road for 3 miles... f that! I ended up turning the feature off and was way happier from there.

Sponsored

Oscar Indy

First Name
Oscar
Threads
Reaction score
Website
offmapoverland.com
Vehicle(s)
JTR
Auto highs are crap.
Get a jersey barrier in the middle and the sensor doesn't see over it and it never shuts off.

Reactions: Tim
OP
OP
mazeppa

mazeppa

First Name
y= x/0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTR Panda
Occupation
knife sharpening snob
I know it's an older post but look at Adaptive Cruise Control notes

Screenshot_20191208-090203_Drive.jpg
I was sure this was going to happen since the JL already had this feature.

Although my auto low beams are doing their job seamlessly without error.

Mr._Bill

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland - 2013 Nissan Leaf SV
Vehicle Showcase
I know it's an older post but look at Adaptive Cruise Control notes

Screenshot_20191208-090203_Drive.jpg
Neither the 400+ page PDF owners manual, or the 600+ page V2 PDF owners manual mention auto high beams. The only reference is to the auto position in the headlight on/off switch. I have the ACC/FCW package, with the 8.4" uConnect and NAV system, and high beams have to be manually engaged. Maybe it is something they will offer for the JT in the future.

Reactions: DHP

TrailHiker

First Name
Denny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator JT Sport S, Black 1946 CJ 2A
It might be part of the advanced forward collision warning system, my Renegade had this feature, didn’t work well on hills or up/down grades in mountain driving. So I do not want this feature. I want my normal, manually activated high beams to work! So far my dealer has not been able to get the parts to fix this.
Cheers

Sponsored

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
Neither the 400+ page PDF owners manual, or the 600+ page V2 PDF owners manual mention auto high beams. The only reference is to the auto position in the headlight on/off switch. I have the ACC/FCW package, with the 8.4" uConnect and NAV system, and high beams have to be manually engaged. Maybe it is something they will offer for the JT in the future.
These do not have it.
I also have the ACC/FCW and the 8.4 uconnect with nav and v3 of the owner manual in PDF and a partridge in a peartree.

My son's Compass has auto-dim headlights and he LOVES IT. My wife bought her Grand Cherokee about the same time and wasn't happy that her GC does not have this but my son's Compass does. Where we live you have to keep a hand on the dimmer at all times - windy, curvy roads, grass and trees up to the roads, creeks and the Des Moines river, fields, all perfect for DEER and other critters. So you want high beam on as much as possible, but are constantly changing back and forth. I've ridden with my son, I have driven his Jeep several times and can say I absolutely love that feature and was VERY disappointed that I could not get that in the JT. It's just not there, the dealer who went to training on the JT and features and how to sell said nope, not there.
It may be in the GC at another level than ours, but it's not on my wife's and she also has the ACC/FCW and LANE DEPARTURE which I also love.

Here's the thing - we know Jeep was wrong about payload, their docs had mistakes and they screwed up including a 150 pound driver. I am betting that those documents shown above came out and then reality hit - they weren't able to include it.
I've seen this in the past - documents come out, problems in production, the feature doesn't get put in, documents aren't changed, etc. I can point to this on other vehicles. I collect owner manuals and service bulletins and service manuals - it's amazing the difference between documents and reality when things go to production.

highoctane

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
My 2018 Suburban LTZ has the auto high beams. It works great. Not sure how other vehicles have problems with jersey barriers and highway dividers unless it’s a pretty low to the ground vehicle, considering the sensor is at the top of the windshield. My ‘14 WK2 Summit had it and the sensor was also at the top of the windshield. The auto high beams in it worked great too, but not as good as they do in my Suburban.

ShadowsPapa

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JTO, '23 JLU, '82 SX4, '73 P. Cardin Javelin
Occupation
Retired auto mechanic, frmr gov't ntwrk security admin
Vehicle Showcase
My 2018 Suburban LTZ has the auto high beams. It works great. Not sure how other vehicles have problems with jersey barriers and highway dividers unless it’s a pretty low to the ground vehicle, considering the sensor is at the top of the windshield. My ‘14 WK2 Summit had it and the sensor was also at the top of the windshield. The auto high beams in it worked great too, but not as good as they do in my Suburban.
My son was driving a few miles from his house near the river and suddenly his windshield busted - shot, well, the windshield was shot, and what did it is it was SHOT, literally, OF course no way in that wooded river area to figure out who and what and all but he went through insurance and the local SafeLite and they had a hell of a time because that windshield was SO new - that was different glass for that year Compass. And it was a special setup because of the electronics and all, including the ACC and high beam control. They got a glass in, it was the wrong one. They ordered another, it arrived broken, they ordered a third and it was fine and a good fit.
So apparently in the Compass it's up high as well - and his high beam control only had any sort of an issue with specific bright street lamps on a couple of the rural road intersections otherwise like I said before, it worked great. Dim when it should, back to high soon after the other vehicle passed.

GladFox

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Overland Punk’n
Occupation
Engineer
I'm attempting to get this working on my Overland. It has Forward Collision Control, so I would hope that it's possible.

Anyone with it working from the factory and an OBD tool like JScan care to share what values are set for theirs? In particular, I'm not sure what to set for "Auto High Beam Location" in JScan. Possible values are "ECC_AHBM", "CRVMM", "HALF", "Reserved" and "Reserved". There's also a setting for "ECC AHBM Present On/Off". Or if you could shed some light on what the values mean?

Thanks in advance.

AzRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
THREE Gladiators, and a JL Wrangler
I might be wrong.... but Im pretty sure I have the auto high beams.... and it does turn them on and off.

I only just rolled 2k miles.

Never really paid attention. First, Im not a regular night driver, second I rarely turn on my high beams.

Last week on my street one neighbor has a "old looking" three light lamp post in his front yard close to the street and, like I said, I think it triggered my high beams off.

Now I will have to test it.
Sponsored