Gladiator Door Anchor Bolt

Hawkeyes3312

First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon Launch Edition
I took my doors off and that thing sucked back in the door. It sucked balls trying to get it back out. Make sure when removing the doors that they are all the way open with that bar fully extended before removing that bolt and don't let it go back into the door.
I can't stress what you said here enough!!! We learned after just the first time of taking the doors off that there is a process to be followed. Once you have it down, it's a non issue and that door catch is worth it in my opinion. It's a feature missing on prior Jeeps. I hated the door just swinging freely.
Sponsored

the-dude-abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JT 2020
I pushed the door catch into the door so I don't have to mess with the 4 extra bolts each time I remove or reinstall the doors. They suck back into the door frame just far enough as to not make contact with the paint. I have had a JK since 2011 and was very use to the doors not having a catch. I did not like the way the catch worked on the JT nor did I like the extra time it took to bolt them on and off.

I was able to pull the catches out pretty easy by placing a hook from a racket strap in the hole and pulling on the strap. I doubt I will ever have a need to pull them back out again.
This. Just let them suck into the door and leave them there. Makes removing / adding doors easier. Yeah, the door doesn't stay open on hills and the wind blows them closed... But hasn't bothered me.

BK_Yeti

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I pushed the door catch into the door so I don't have to mess with the 4 extra bolts each time I remove or reinstall the doors. They suck back into the door frame just far enough as to not make contact with the paint. I have had a JK since 2011 and was very use to the doors not having a catch. I did not like the way the catch worked on the JT nor did I like the extra time it took to bolt them on and off.

I was able to pull the catches out pretty easy by placing a hook from a racket strap in the hole and pulling on the strap. I doubt I will ever have a need to pull them back out again.
This is exactly what I do as well. No issues.

GladMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 TJ Rocky Mountain Edition, 2020 JT Rubicon
I was able to reattach the door stop by using a shorter length T40 in the Jeep ratchet. From inside the vehicle I pulled the door as shut as possible with the ratchet in the bolt and aligned with the hole. This helped hold it in place while I screwed it in.

838BFA7F-197D-4AAB-9047-932CDD3FF9F7.jpeg

941C9BA1-8753-4224-B966-5A5173F9C724.jpeg

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gator Rubicon Gladiator, Toyota Prius, Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Network Security
Removed my doors yesterday and mine sucked back into the door. Im wondering should I just leave it in that position? The door catch is nice, but with it causing issues the second time the doors are off I am thinking of just leaving it off for good.

Sponsored

mmollo

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator, 1985 CJ7, F-250, BMW X5, Ferrari California, Lamborghini Aventador
Once I took my doors off I didn’t put the exterior bottom bolts back into the hinge. I do put the bolt back into the interior door stop.

Just as soon as you don’t bolt that door stop in, someone other than you, will let their door fly open and bang into something. You’ll be saying to yourself was it worth the 30 second savings not to bolt that thing back in?

On another note one of the first times I took my doors off I started with the door wide open. I took the bolt out of the inside door stop then I closed the door to remove the exterior bolts. Don’t do that. As stated earlier that door stop will suck up into the door and it’s a pain in the ass to get it out. If it does suck into the door you need to remember it goes in and out at an angle, once you picture the door closing and how it moves in and out it’s a lot easier to pull it out.

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
Once I took my doors off I didn’t put the exterior bottom bolts back into the hinge. I do put the bolt back into the interior door stop.

Just as soon as you don’t bolt that door stop in, someone other than you, will let their door fly open and bang into something. You’ll be saying to yourself was it worth the 30 second savings not to bolt that thing back in?

On another note one of the first times I took my doors off I started with the door wide open. I took the bolt out of the inside door stop then I closed the door to remove the exterior bolts. Don’t do that. As stated earlier that door stop will suck up into the door and it’s a pain in the ass to get it out. If it does suck into the door you need to remember it goes in and out at an angle, once you picture the door closing and how it moves in and out it’s a lot easier to pull it out.

You have a good point there. The other people that ride in the Jeep with me are 8 year old twins and a 5 year old. Bound to bang it into something. Once it stops raining I will give it a try getting that at an angle. Thanks for the help.

PsychoAL

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2002 Wrangler
I used a pair of pliers and pulled it out just enough to be able to thread the very tip of the bolt into the hole, then opened the door slightly and it pulled the bar back out of the door. I've seen others say that you can also go to a hardware store and by a longer version of the same size bolt and use that to get it threaded and then open the door so it pulls out. Hope that helps.
I was able to pull it out with a pair of channel locks. Hard to get out though. I will now remember not to close the door before putting screw back in...

Jeepnoob34

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Overland
I took mine off for the first time yesterday. After reading this thread, I feel lucky that this didn’t happen to me. I just happened to take the door catch bolt out last and left the door open.

I didn’t put the hinge bolts back in when I put the doors back on. So hopefully, I’ll always have the door open when taking it off.

granpappygd

First Name
GranPappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sport
Occupation
trying to survive the madness
I SHOULD have read this thread FIRST. day one and I stuck one taking OFF...and stuck one putting ON. (in the dark at 1130pm- no bueno - I was rushing) -- This should be a MANDATORY FYI for 1st time buyers!

eaglerugby04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Network Security
I SHOULD have read this thread FIRST. day one and I stuck one taking OFF...and stuck one putting ON. (in the dark at 1130pm- no bueno - I was rushing) -- This should be a MANDATORY FYI for 1st time buyers!
It should such a pain getting them back in. Not the best design on these things. I am actually coating mine tomorrow in liquid rubber. The way it is scratching the paint is bothering me.
Sponsored