Just remember a few things about the JT

Pocono-Jeep

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Dodge Durango
Just throwing my two cents in here - I think one of the best things about the JT is the freedom to choose just about any option you want and apply it to any trim level. You want only want a sport S with heated seats and steering wheel with cloth interior? No problem. You only want to add a leather seats and LED headlamps? Sure. I don't know of another truck on the market that doesn't force you into higher trim levels to get access to certain features.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MF Comics

MF Comics

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 2dr Manual Bronco
Just throwing my two cents in here - I think one of the best things about the JT is the freedom to choose just about any option you want and apply it to any trim level. You want only want a sport S with heated seats and steering wheel with cloth interior? No problem. You only want to add a leather seats and LED headlamps? Sure. I don't know of another truck on the market that doesn't force you into higher trim levels to get access to certain features.
I should have thought of that one.

I owe ya a drink for that

AngelArmorNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tundra Crewmax, Indian Springfield Dark Horse
Finally an american made vehicle that offers options and configurations that people actually want. If the manual tranny could tow it would be nearly perfect. As such I was forced to order the auto. Still the first american vehicle worth buying in a long time.

Murgatroid

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Occupation
RN
Vehicle Showcase
Not sure if things have changed in the last few months since ordering and getting my Sport S, but all options are not available to all trim levels. You cannot get a sport or sport S with leather seats, with the sport level, you have to use your phone to have maps on the unconnect screen, on the Overland and Rubicon you can get it all through just the unconnect with out needing the phone wired in. And you can't get Max Tow on the Overland and Rubicon.

AngelArmorNY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Tundra Crewmax, Indian Springfield Dark Horse
I suppose that is always the case. Perhaps I am simply content because the options I wanted were available at the lower trim level and I wasnt forced to pay for a bunch of stuff I dont want or need.

Sponsored

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I have been addicted since my first Wrangler about 15 years ago
Ha! I know the feeling. Iā€™ve addicted since the 1955 M38-A1 Willys that I drove in high school back in the ā€˜70s. I was in recovery for a short while, but relapsed on the Glad!

Arcticelf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, '13 Tacoma
10 years ago I didn't buy a Jeep because I could get a Taco configured how I wanted, everything minus the convertible top, for 10K less. And 10K was too much for just the top.

Now, a JT and a Taco are very very similar money, if you compare trim level and not the bottom price work-truck version of the Taco.

Empty Pockets

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S, Sting Ray, 6 Speed (YES!)
I also looked hard at the Taco. Why? Because it is available with a manual. Traded my 06 Super Duty (V8/MT) on a Silverado (AT) in 2014 and regretted it every day. Looked at the Nissan Frontier (MT) - outdated and way to small with terrible depreciation . Looked at the Ram- only available at the time (no longer) in a 3500 series with the diesel - way to expensive. Just couldnā€™t justify. The Taco was alright in most areas but the back seat was too tight and it sits like a yoga mat. I just couldnā€™t stand the low seating position. I gave it a shot- rented one on a business trip to Kalispell for a week. Put 300+ miles on it. Drove it up to Glacier National Park. Legs hurt like hell after 30 minutes of driving.

Then, finally, the JT launched. I knew I had to get one. And, I did. I replaced the freedom panels with a Sunrider but will likely never pull the whole top off. Wonā€™t be removing the doors (Iā€™ve had LOTs of Open Jeeps over the years, no novelty to me there), and my most aggressive 4 wheeling adventure will likely be a plowed field or some sand. So I didnā€™t buy it as a ā€œlifestyle vehicle ā€œ. I bought it because I wanted a truck with a manual. In the end, though, I did end up with a lifestyle vehicle unintentionally. This damn thing is fun, itā€™s practical, it drives like a dream (unlike the ā€˜55 M38A1 that I drove from S Ga to Colorado back in ā€˜78, teenagers.....). Itā€™s big enough to take the mower to the shop and pick up some mulch on the way home. But not big enough that everyone thinks Iā€™m thrilled to help them move. I am so happy with my Sport S and manual transmission.
Sponsored