First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
Cheaper than the rest and cheaper than going to the dealer if it works good.

deanmc

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S
I have one. I replaced the stock 31" Bridgestones on my Sport S with a set of 33" rubicon takeoffs. The calibrator is super easy to use. Prior to getting this one I had purchased another one that has been mentioned here, the "Tazer Mini". I sent that unit back, it was a total PITA to hook up getting the wires into the back of the OBD plug was an exercise in frustration. This unit from Rough Country takes about 5 minutes total to hook up and run through changing your tire size.

OP
OP
RH 67

RH 67

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Black Rubicon Gladiator, Alfa Romeo Quad
Occupation
Retired DOD, Army SF, SS.
I have one. I replaced the stock 31" Bridgestones on my Sport S with a set of 33" rubicon takeoffs. The calibrator is super easy to use. Prior to getting this one I had purchased another one that has been mentioned here, the "Tazer Mini". I sent that unit back, it was a total PITA to hook up getting the wires into the back of the OBD plug was an exercise in frustration. This unit from Rough Country takes about 5 minutes total to hook up and run through changing your tire size.
Thanks! It`s half the price of the others and all i really need it for is tire size changes.

Sponsored

BMcD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Got this and changed mine...super simple and easy. I put a level on top of the tire and it measures exactly 33” so that’s what I put in the programmer despite the claims of this 305/70/17 being a 34.

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Gladiator
Got this and changed mine...super simple and easy. I put a level on top of the tire and it measures exactly 33” so that’s what I put in the programmer despite the claims of this 305/70/17 being a 34.
hi BMcD
Do you place ignition in the ACC or ON/RUN position while programming (worried that in acc or on that the ignition might timeout while programming).

BMcD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
Yes.....it didn’t time out on me. It doesn’t take long at all to re-program, I just followed the instructions that came with it which were fairly simple. I did have to set my tire size 1/4” smaller than actual to get speed to register the same as gps.

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes.....it didn’t time out on me. It doesn’t take long at all to re-program, I just followed the instructions that came with it which were fairly simple. I did have to set my tire size 1/4” smaller than actual to get speed to register the same as gps.
Cool...Thanks for your reply!!!

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This weekend I used the RC calibration tool and found the was speed off a little.

- Actual speed was recorded using 2 different GPS devices and 10 different mileposts \ time reading @60mph (5 each test)
- Tire: Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/70r17 manufacture height 32.76 ... Actual height 32.00 at 36 PSI warm
- 3.73 axle
- RC calibration tool updated via website

test 1
manufacture 32.76 (rounded down to 32.75)... speedometer 60 actual speed 55 (GPS only)

test 2.
used a level and tape measure for tire height 32.00... speedometer 60... actual speed 57

test 3. to 5
kept decreasing by .25 till match

test 5
set tire height to 31.25 ... speedometer 60... actual speed milepost average 60.33mph ... GPS readings 60 mph

Last edited:

Sponsored

BMcD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
This weekend I used the RC calibration tool and found the was speed off a little.

- Actual speed was recorded using 2 different GPS devices and 10 different mileposts \ time reading @60mph (5 each test)
- Tire: Nitto Terra Grappler G2 285/70r17 manufacture height 32.76 ... Actual height 32.00 at 36 PSI warm
- 3.73 axle
- RC calibration tool updated via website

test 1
manufacture 32.76 (rounded down to 32.75)... speedometer 60 actual speed 55 (GPS only)

test 2.
used a level and tape measure for tire height 32.00... speedometer 60... actual speed 57

test 3. to 5
kept decreasing by .25 till match

test 5
set tire height to 31.25 ... speedometer 60... actual speed milepost average 60.33mph ... GPS readings 60 mph
My actual is 33” and finally set the RC calibration to 32.75” and now the speedometer is 61 and the gps shows 60 and I think when I set it on 33” the gps showed 61 and the speedometer showed 60. So now I get to do it all again.

Heliix

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My actual is 33” and finally set the RC calibration to 32.75” and now the speedometer is 61 and the gps shows 60 and I think when I set it on 33” the gps showed 61 and the speedometer showed 60. So now I get to do it all again.
It sounds like your between tire sizes
maybe try running at a different tire pressure?

BMcD

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Sport S
It sounds like your between tire sizes
maybe try running at a different tire pressure?
Tire pressure is 38....but I did not check to see if there’s a software update so my programmer may not have the most current version.

msujedi

First Name
Jed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JT Sport S, 2014 Durango, 2020 Ibis Ripley
Vehicle Showcase
All of this speed & tire pressure talk reminded me of this video I saw a while back. LOL

Southbayglad

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator 2020
does anyone else have any opinions on this? I need to change tire size and this seems like a good price.
Sponsored