Any gym rats?

Slapping_Rabbits

First Name
Nirzwan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep gladiator Rubicon, triumph rocket iii roadster
Yeah i guess I am. Boot camp class 2x a week, biking or running 2-3x a week. Lifting 2-3x a week. 1x a week yoga. 2 ruptured discs means no more super heavy weights. I remember being able to leg press 650 a couple years back. I was lifting a lot and not doing that much cardio and then i went for a long run and my 7-8 min miles turned into 10 min miles. Yikes! Now its fall and I am training for some 5k or 10k races. Training is a little different when you are pushing a stroller, holding a dog leash, and in going to be in costume probably.
Sponsored

Racer5112

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1961 Ford Falcon, 1980 Dodge Colt wagon, 2018 Dodge Journey
Vehicle Showcase
Yes and no? I guess I'm a little different from you other guys... I train for triathlon, cycling, running type stuff. I'm 30yrs old and weigh in at 125lbs. I have never been able to gain weight. Hell, a couple years ago while I was trying to lift more than any cardio I started using a mass gainer....and lost .6lbs. I do a paleo type diet, so I stay away from a lot of artificial type foods and haven't ate fast food in probably close to 15 years now. Even when I lift only, there's no gain it seems. I'll just always be that lanky, odd looking guy that still fits in kids clothes lol.

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
Yes and no? I guess I'm a little different from you other guys... I train for triathlon, cycling, running type stuff. I'm 30yrs old and weigh in at 125lbs. I have never been able to gain weight. Hell, a couple years ago while I was trying to lift more than any cardio I started using a mass gainer....and lost .6lbs. I do a paleo type diet, so I stay away from a lot of artificial type foods and haven't ate fast food in probably close to 15 years now. Even when I lift only, there's no gain it seems. I'll just always be that lanky, odd looking guy that still fits in kids clothes lol.
I think I weighed 112 when I graduated highschool. I'm 170 now. Had to fight for every pound too.

Nate

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, 2018 Road King, 1996 Bronco
Occupation
Machinist
I’ve lifted since my teens and have been a trainer to a few people. One thing I’ve noticed is the average lifter maintains a bench of 75-100 lbs over their weight. With proper diet and training that can double, but takes a bit of time... go slow and use the 5x5 method let them joints and tendons adapt. Muscle outpaces tendon and what causes injuries. Below is my torture room.

D6FACDCF-0FAA-4975-A992-996A6D86D47D.jpeg

Sponsored

Yellow1098

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Gladiator Silver Sport S, 77 trans am, Ducati 1098
Got drafted out of high school to play pro baseball...then after 6 years of that...played college football....lifted consistently for 20 years now...6'5 275lbs ...bench 400 squat 500... deadlift is asking for back problems. Especially for tall guys

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
i thought michelobe ultra came in 11.7oz cans?
Sir
IF you are to talk smack, PLEASE
Learn to spell, it's Michelob, there's NO E at the end, damn BarbarianE… :CWL:
MY Ultras come in 12oz Bottles, don't be so crass with the skinny cans...
TJZVfNOa4MySrx1m1Q1Dr6mn2PBwiBKNyiFOdPhZyZ-qYIcaKdMG9whHyrrg3mWeeifhMRxZMKoGGPo19s=w1055-h791-no.jpg

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Sir
TJZVfNOa4MySrx1m1Q1Dr6mn2PBwiBKNyiFOdPhZyZ-qYIcaKdMG9whHyrrg3mWeeifhMRxZMKoGGPo19s=w1055-h791-no.jpg
I gotta try one of those waters next time I'm thirsty. I usually go with tap or Dasani, but maybe this sans-"e" Michelob is decent.

Sponsored

JP1

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 JLU Rubicon 4xe
Build Thread
Link
I gotta try one of those waters next time I'm thirsty. I usually go with tap or Dasani, but maybe this sans-"e" Michelob is decent.
Unlike you in the 20s this weekend, :rain: where I understand the need to drink liquified whale fat to survive.
Down here where it's still in the 90s, :sun: you must drink the nice light refreshing Michelob Water, or you get all bloated like, oh, I dunno, maybe @steffen707 :rock:
and then you drop and get rolled. :LOL:

PLUS, THIS IS A HEALTH TOPIC! BE HEALTHY...:angel:

Last edited:

bhbdvm

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sting Gray Rubicon, 2016 BMW R1200GS
I was a D1 athlete in college and heavy lifter for 9 years after school. Then I ruptured a disc on an ego deadlift @ 650 at 30 and made it much worse 6 months later when I hit a tree without a seatbelt on.

Since then I’ll go through periods of light gym work but I’ve managed to gain 90lbs. Looking into disc replacement currently because I turn 40 next year and don’t wanna cut my life short by continuing to gain more marshmallow status

Going from 35 chin ups to zero really, really sucks
You can do it. Takes 21 days to form a habit. You got this!

SleepyJeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mini Cooper S, Firecracker Red Gladiator LE
Sir
I like how you have that molle velcro koozie to keep your dainty fingers soft and away from frost bite :CWL:

steffen707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Jetta TDI RIP, 89' Civic SI, 2019 Pacifica Hybrid, 2020 GLADIATOR SPORT S "GLADYS"
Unlike you in the 20s this weekend, :rain: where I understand the need to drink liquified whale fat to survive.
Down here where it's still in the 90s, :sun: you must drink the nice light refreshing Michelob Water, or you get all bloated like, oh, I dunno, maybe @steffen707 :rock:
and then you drop and get rolled. :LOL:

PLUS, THIS IS A HEALTH TOPIC! BE HEALTHY...:angel:
Well you got a point, I'm fat and you are svelt indeed. :muscle:

OP
OP
RavensEyeOffroad

RavensEyeOffroad

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Mojave
Build Thread
Link
I’ve lifted since my teens and have been a trainer to a few people. One thing I’ve noticed is the average lifter maintains a bench of 75-100 lbs over their weight. With proper diet and training that can double, but takes a bit of time... go slow and use the 5x5 method let them joints and tendons adapt. Muscle outpaces tendon and what causes injuries. Below is my torture room.

D6FACDCF-0FAA-4975-A992-996A6D86D47D.jpeg
man thats nice!
Im about 90 lbs over my bodyweight. I bench as often as I feel recovered. Mostly focused on one of 3 things, explosive/pause reps, heavy 80-90% range, or overloading with my slingshot. Ive made crazy jumps in just a few weeks.
Sponsored